I can help with dm500c if people want it

hi sorry not been on all day hope you got your stuff sorted urk..i would pm you but i cant see an option for pm'ing on this site :S am i being stupid? maybe you need a minimum post amount to be able to send...either way keys will be on bigmaq now...make sure you are refreshing bigmaq by turning your browser on and off or by pressing the refresh button on the actual toolbar..not the IE refresh

sorted

I have just got my box back on line, got the key fro bigmaq just the last digit in the key has been changed.:banana:

Use Right key

Anyone around derby make sure ur using the right ket for the area, I had been using the pure NTL key which is not rite need to use Ex CW key from BigMAQ and only the last digit has been changed.

Thx Jarrod123. Got sorted in the end. Combination of problems....not enough space on memory due to having two evocam versions stored (which was preventing keylist.text update) and then one of the settings under camd_cfg was peventing EMMs being shown. Thx for all your help..much appreiated.

eurovox ultra

I have a eurovox ultra with dw 1.6 and have tried updating the keys but still no luck how can i get my box to work and how do you download from the internet as i have no cables and have tried going straight from the box with no success. I believe the eurovox is a dm500c clone. also tried pure ntl for postmouth area

Last edited:
Hi,

Where can i find my area code??? From the sub box or the osc? Million thx in advance

Cheers

Hi,

Where can i find my area code??? From the sub box or the osc? Million thx in advance

Cheers

haha... after some serach and understanding, i know where to get the code. anyway thx for this thread where newbie can ask u for help.

Cheers

dm 500-c

hi, very new user of this machine had it only a few months. been enjoying watching movies and football but just recently all these channels will not come on screen normal terestrial channels play and program description comes on but no picture or sound. i've tried to reboot the box but to no avail, can you help?

Can you advice me on how to update the keys in the nagra file.

I have been told that because I have the gbox this is where the keys are held, I have got the latest keys from BIGMAQ and I know how to edit the file, but the existing nagra file has 4 lines of code and all of them are quite different to the two supplied by BIGMAQ

Which lines do I change

Any help would be appreciated

Youknow what ? you guys are an inspiration ! I would not have dreamed of hacking into the software of any of these boxes - till now, So where are the new keys ? I'll have a go too. Whats to lose ?

hi just need to know how to set up my wiring make sure i have got that right first of all then hooking the box to this site then knowing what advantage 's this has also can i stream the films from the toolbar it would be a great help if i could get connected tonight as i really want to start getting the full use of this box if any thank anything will help

hi can anyone help its desperation i need 2 know if i have my cables from the box to my computer the right way also what to do next with the box to get it conected up what are the advantages of getting it connected

well you have to tell us how they're wired first so we can tell you if there is any problems...there is little room for error..what do you mean getting it connected? as in to the internet?

every body is in the same boat
i have fantastic dreambox dm500c guide but how do i put it up on forum.

every body is in the same boat
i have fantastic dreambox dm500c guide but how do i put it up on forum.

Wow! Keen to have a copy of your "fantastic" guide if you can get it to me somehow please? I cannot even get my pc to speak to the dreambox!

glyndwrw

are people missing post 9 i have explained how to just input the keys with the remote

Thanks for your help with the above.
I would just like to add 1 more thing with regards to pressing the yellow button,this only appears to apply to D.W.2 for image D.W. 1.6.2 you need to press the blue button.

glyndwrw

Wow! Keen to have a copy of your "fantastic" guide if you can get it to me somehow please? I cannot even get my pc to speak to the dreambox!

To get your dreambox to talk to your P.C. you need to download a copy of Dreamup.
Connect your dreambox to your P.C. using Null modem cable. Do not switch on your box until the program dreamup asks you to ,follow the instructions and it will work o.k.

glyndwrw

hi, very new user of this machine had it only a few months. been enjoying watching movies and football but just recently all these channels will not come on screen normal terestrial channels play and program description comes on but no picture or sound. i've tried to reboot the box but to no avail, can you help?

You need to update your Keys list.
The keys can be found on the Bigmaq toolbar under latest keys.
You can download this toolbar by typing "Bigmaq" into your search engine.
Depending on your image version turn your box onto a premier channel and press either the "yellow" or the "Blue" button, this should bring up a screen with "Tux Box Commander" on it .
Log onto "Tuxbox Commander" and look for "Var" Log onto "Var" then log onto "Keys" . Go to Keys.Lst press Number4 you will see the keys. Find the line that is wrong ,it will either be the 1st or 2nd line. Press Ok.Change the digit that is incorrect. Press Ok. Press Exit and save. Press Exit and Save again. Keep pressing exit until you are back on the TV channel and then reboot.

Most of this information I received from Jarrod 123. Many thanks to him.

Last edited:
glyndwrw

Youknow what ? you guys are an inspiration ! I would not have dreamed of hacking into the software of any of these boxes - till now, So where are the new keys ? I'll have a go too. Whats to lose ?

See my remarks on page 8

glyndwrw

i need help. my brother has a dream 500c , we have the keys but dont know how to imput. weve tried pressing blue and yellow buttons toget 'tuxcommander' but its not there

It,s possible that you don,t have Tux Box Commander on your machine. I know this is possible because a friend of mine had the same trouble.
He had to download a coy off the internet and upload to his dreambox via File Transfer Protocol, although I think if you have the file you could flash it using Dreamup. This program can be downloaded from the internet

Back