I am an alcoholic and some help/advive

Hey Bilabonic,

How you doing mate as you aint posted for a while. Hope to hear from you soon and hope some of the stuff on here has helped a little.

As some have already said where here for you and we will help as much as we can. If you would like a chat to a complete stranger just to see if it will help talking just PM me and ill send you my number or PM me your number and ill ring you.

My partent suffers from depression and turns to the drink so i have a little experiance so please feel free to PM me mate if you want.

It is 11 years since i had my last drink.. i done it on my own without help so if you need any advice pm me...

Hey BILABONIC

You made a start on recovering and now you disappeared man.

Come on, keep us informed on how your doing, so we on DW can be there for you, please don't say you been on a bender that wont do you any good.
I hope you've made steps to seek professional help and that why not heard nothing.
Give us a post mate let us know your ok !!!

hey bilabonic,we are all worried about you,please send us a message and let us know how you are.we are here for you m8 should you need advice.

Been to the DR, and starting feel better, only now managing to type tbh, taking Diamezepam, got the mages sweats/shakes. Just try to sleep it off.

Needd to eatnow but stomach not taking anything down yet, gotto go back tom as my BP was through roof and heart all over the place.

Time will heal me know, work been very understanding. Just can not face any pc just trying sleep the worst off.

Thanks for advice support guys, i have done this before seen alcohol counsellers,, payed for privete rehad, also been couple AA and were not for me.

Need get back on my meds and take it from there.

Cheers peaps and excuse spelling, to scared to check emails. Got support coming to mine.

Will beat this but is DOES get harder each time.....all this because i thought i could have 2 pints.

Will get back soon.

Pnce again thanks.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7wx77L9_D84]YouTube - Seinfeld - On the Wagon, Off the Wagon[/ame]

Well done mate!

One foot in front of the other!

Glad your keeping in touch with us bud, my partner has anxiety/depression issues and i am there for her.
if you need to have a talk to someone pm me or one of the other guys who said they will chat.
be strong the first steps really are the hardest

Been to the DR, and starting feel better, only now managing to type tbh, taking Diamezepam, got the mages sweats/shakes. Just try to sleep it off.

Needd to eatnow but stomach not taking anything down yet, gotto go back tom as my BP was through roof and heart all over the place.

Time will heal me know, work been very understanding. Just can not face any pc just trying sleep the worst off.

Thanks for advice support guys, i have done this before seen alcohol counsellers,, payed for privete rehad, also been couple AA and were not for me.

Need get back on my meds and take it from there.

Cheers peaps and excuse spelling, to scared to check emails. Got support coming to mine.

Will beat this but is DOES get harder each time.....all this because i thought i could have 2 pints.

Will get back soon.

Pnce again thanks.

Hey mate,

Thanks for letting us know how you are. We all hope this is the last time you have to go thought it mate so you wont have to worry about it being harder next time.

Just do what has worked in the past and sure you can get through it again, just remember you have a massive network of friends/family here anytime you need us.

All the best and hope to hear from you soon.

Ray

Take it easy on the valium matey they can be as bad as drink.In the middle of getting treatment myself for that sort of sh!te. My situation started in a similer way to yours aswell i used to drink ( lots ) then stopped then got hocked on medicated crap. All im saying mate if your taking diazepam to help stop the drinking as soon as you can safly come off them as well .Good luck as well mate.Were all here for you.

Last edited by a moderator:
Told Dr only want take them as needed, but he insisting on me taking them regularly at a high dose.

Taking half what he told me and starting feel much better, need them at night most.

Getting there slow, found 4 cans earlier i had hidden in lawnmower bag and tipped them down sink.

So far so good. It's the days i hate, just want get through them for sleep as can not function properly hiding from people...

Nearly there though i can feel myself coming back, even managed a shave today which lasted about and hour...lol

Cheers guys

Glad to hear your feeling bit better, just keep taking the medication and think positive mate.
Hope you kept repeating "I don't need this anymore" as you poured the four cans down the drain.
Keep it up mate.

glad mate, i can relate to some of the posts and that made in this thread, i am as you may or not know in a sticky patch and have been for a little while, i was reading an article the other day and it's changing the way that i too think, or least i'm trying, i have read it back a few times and that like...but it's kinda making sense....

First of all, write down two things from the past that you have remembered with guilt or shame or regret or fear or anger or unforgiveness -- two things from the past that when you think about those things you feel some negative emotion. Then rate how strongly you feel those negative emotions, on a scale from 0 to 10 with 10 as the strongest.

Then do the same thing with the future. Write down two things that you worry about, are afraid of, are angry about because you believe it’s going to happen, anything negative that you imagine happening in the future. Write down the number one negative feeling related to that and rate from 0 to 10 how much you feel that emotion when you think about that possibility.

Here's the truth about those things. According to experts, well over 90% of the things we worry about in the future never happen, at least not the way we have imagined them. So, on the two things you wrote down about the future, write down under those things, "There is a better than 90% chance that this will never happen, especially not in the way I'm afraid of it happening."

Then go to the two things you wrote down about the past. Write under those, "I survived anyway." "I survived these two things." Here’s the point. All the negative things from the past that bother us, we survived those things or we wouldn't be here. Now I'm not saying they didn't have a detrimental affect on you. But you survived that. Having survived, what is the healthiest thing you can do with those things from the past, even if they did deeply hurt you and you still have scars or are paying the price today for some of those things? Is it healthy to go back to the past and relive that over and over and over and over and over? Another words, wallow in it like a pig wallows in the mud? No, it makes it worse.

Instead of wallowing in your memory, focus on that statement, "I survived" and then add, "Now I'm going to do the best thing I can to heal those places in me."

You should never go to the past to relive a negative experience. If you go to the past, go there to be grateful you survived, or to learn something from it, or to fix it. Three reasons: be grateful, learn something, or fix it -- never to wallow.

Instead of wallowing in your memory, focus on that statement, "I survived" and then add, "Now I'm going to do the best thing I can to heal those places in me."

You should never go to the past to relive a negative experience. If you go to the past, go there to be grateful you survived, or to learn something from it, or to fix it. Three reasons: be grateful, learn something, or fix it -- never to wallow.

So you survived the past, and there's a 90% chance that what you're worried about won't happen. Even if the future does hold some negative things, because you survived the worst things that happened to you in the past, you can be confident you're going to survive those things happening in the future.

Then what is the best thing you can do right now? It's to get your eyes off the past, get your eyes off the future, and focus on the present in truth and love. Write down the thoughts and feelings and beliefs and activities that when I focus on these things I experience joy and peace.

You may say, "But wait a minute. I have some things in my life right now that I have to deal with. The taxes have to be done by April 15" or "I've got this health issue that I have to go to the doctor about." That's fine, but focus on the real concrete steps you can take to stay in control in that situation, rather than the possible negatives that might happen. Focus on how you can stay conscious in the present, acting out of truth and love in your circumstances and with other people.

Okay, maybe I've got to go to the doctor. What feelings can I focus on that cause me to feel joy and peace? Well, I can think about things turning out well instead of turning out badly. I can think that I'm putting this in God's hands and he has the ability to do what I can't do. So I put it in his hands and say his will be done. I think about what I can learn going through this experience to help me be a better husband, a better father, a better friend. Find the truth and love in the same event that you're choosing the fear and anger and sadness and unforgiveness and wrong identity. Find the truth and love in that same issue and focus on that.

You will probably feel an immediate change in your feelings about this circumstance. And long term, as you keep doing this, it will be absolutely transforming. Changes will occur emotionally and physically as you shift out of stress mode into peace mode and your immune system starts to strengthen and heal things. Then that will manifest to your external life and you'll start seeing your circumstances and relationships change as you deal with them in truth and love instead of fear, anger, and sadness. You're going to see a shift in your life toward joy and peace.

For some of you it will be like flipping a switch immediately. For others it will take a little bit of time because you are so immersed in the negative. You are so immersed in the past and the future in a negative way. You will need to train yourself to focus in truth and love on the present. Any new skill takes practice. And when you learn how, the result is joy and peace.

One analogy and then I'm done. Using a television analogy, your feelings respond based on whatever you're watching. Whatever channel you're on, whatever show is on -- and in our internal life, that's the images of our heart and the images that we’re consciously choosing to focus on -- you're going to feel emotions stimulated by whatever the show is that you're watching. Change the channel. Find the channel that is the present, not the past, not the future. Focus on acting in truth and love, not in selfishness and fear.

Do that and it will change your life.

Last edited:
Glad to hear your feeling bit better, just keep taking the medication and think positive mate.
Hope you kept repeating "I don't need this anymore" as you poured the four cans down the drain.
Keep it up mate.

Yep this bit is most important. Don't ever feel discouraged either, sometimes it takes time and/or repeated attempts to kick an addiction - it did with me and the ciggies. Point is you learn from your past mistakes and they help you in future. So yeah think positive and also try to focus all your attention on other things so that mentally you aren't nearly as often thinking about the habit or the temporary madness effect of quitting. That way it's much easier to keep off. At least that's what worked for me and it's been a year since. I also stopped drinking in that time but I was never a heavy drinker to begin with, but in some respects all addictions are one and the same. But some are harder than others to kick. Keep thinking positive pal and try and occupy your time and your mind with other things. Should help. :)

glad to hear that you threw the drinks away bilabonic it proves that you mean business this time.take the docs advice and keep up with the medication and you will get through this.keep us informed m8, and all the best.

Don't know what your financial situation is bit would it not be worth considering hypnotherapy?

It works in most cases for some addictions not sure on alcohol?

and as some has said the medication can also become a massive problem with addiction also, one thing I never understood with DR's, supplement one addiction for another....

Told Dr only want take them as needed, but he insisting on me taking them regularly at a high dose.

Taking half what he told me and starting feel much better, need them at night most.

Getting there slow, found 4 cans earlier i had hidden in lawnmower bag and tipped them down sink.

So far so good. It's the days i hate, just want get through them for sleep as can not function properly hiding from people...

Nearly there though i can feel myself coming back, even managed a shave today which lasted about and hour...lol

Cheers guys

Thats the way mate sounds like your heading in the right direction.Keep it up mate things WILL get better :)

Glad your starting to feel a bit better m8, everyone has up and down in their lives once in a while. Try to occupy yourself with things you like doing that way it will keep your mind of it.
Hang in there and you will soon be back to normal.

Good luck mate.

Back