I am an alcoholic and some help/advive

bilabonic

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
Hi All

Do not now whether this is the correct thing to, just need some support. Been drinking for 8 days, trying to stop.

Just need some help, please no negative comments because i am crying my heart out.

Thanks

what's happening bro....some times we all let go a little to long some times, i know that for a fact, what is it over man, something happened....

Man I feel for ya, I have had alcoholic problems with some close family members,and its been tough but we have always been supportive, you have now taken the first and hardest step by admitting that your have a problem so the next step is proffesional help.
see your gp like previous poster said to start the road to recovery.

And we on here do not laugh at a fellow human being who asks for help so anytime you want to talk post here or pm.

good luck friend

theres support out there, if you want to stop drinking, the only person stopping you from doing so is yourself, by admitting it, your acknowledging theres a problem. get help before its too late buddy.

good luck.

Get to the GP, you/ll probably end up with some librium(stop craves+shakes), Vit B complex some thiamine and maybe some calcium tablets since alcohol weakens bones.

He/She then should give you an appointment with a NHS councillor.

If you have the will power try go cold turkey but without drug backup will be very uncomfortable since your brain is used to the booze now and won't give up without a fight.

Last edited:
Hi All

Do not now whether this is the correct thing to, just need some support. Been drinking for 8 days, trying to stop.

Just need some help, please no negative comments because i am crying my heart out.

Thanks

Mate you have done the 1st Major hurdle. Admitting you have a problem.

Its not easy to admit it mate, but as above have said get in touch with the AA for local classes and counselling and your gp for medication to help you get through it.

Its not going to be easy mate but you will get there

Mate you have done the 1st Major hurdle. Admitting you have a problem.

Its not easy to admit it mate, but as above have said get in touch with the AA for local classes and counselling and your gp for medication to help you get through it.

Its not going to be easy mate but you will get there

I would like to say well done admiting your problem so publicly,

2nd step is find a local AA meeting and get your self a 12 steps book. U will find people from all walks of life, (Not just the tramps or chavs) All with one thing in common.

I had a friend who was a crackhead, And he said he found the most help at AA meetings. His now kicked the habit and is helping others to over come there problems.

I just carried out another search for a free number, but couldn't find any.

The 0845 number provided by nara is charged at local rate, so it's not going to be costly.

I can't really offer any advise other than to try to break the pattern.
Put yourself in places where you can't drink (or would find it hard to).

Drinking for 8 days doesn't make you an alcoholic, most of us drink to some extent every day while we are on holiday.

It sounds to me like you are just on a bit of a binge, but without knowing your circumstances I can't tell.
Not that I would be able to anyway, as I'm not an expert.

You can read some online material at Dry Out Now.

Whichever method you use to get everything back on track, I wish you the very best of luck.

Be strong m8,

Phone AA and talk to someone.

snp-g

I'm off it ten years now, and believe me I was bad on it, once you admit it to yourself you are on the right track. The hardest thing I found was filling in the time I used to spend drinking, I sorted that out with a new hobby and now I've never felt better in all me life. Good luck mate.

Whilst I hate to be captain bring down, I would not go to the AA.

It's a personal preference, but the organization bugs me; the 12 steps specifically.

Whichever way you go dude, we are all here to laugh, cry, and take the piss out of you.

The best support group in the world.

Either tell us or have a think about why? Why are you drinking so much? What is getting you down?

Hi All

Thanks

good luck on getting clean m8 i know wot you going threw i was heroin user for 12 years m8 been clean now for 5 years i was low of lowest if i can do it m8 you can easy just got have will power and family round you as well

Thanks for support , it means a lot. Been to rehab, never again.Peachy
Geldof pissed me off.
Do not like the 12 steps, been awake all night waiting for 8.30, then refused drink because it Sunday and they do not serve until 10

You can call the NHS helpline on 0845 4647, else contact your GP on monday.

Have you got any friends or family that you can visit today and get out the house ?

Is there a friend or somebody you can speak to in person ?

I really think you need to get away from the surroundings you are in if you want to break the cycle.

Addiction in any form can destroy lives, I gambled (by that I mean threw away) loads of money on fruit machines and realised I needed change (but not for the puggies ;P)

A previous poster hit the nail on the head by suggesting a new hobby to fill the time you used to drink in, so why not boost the benefit by getting yourself fit?

Your body will probably be in a state from your drinking and fitness is one of the few addictions that if it takes is good for you, only downside is you will become a bore...

Only other thing to add is Man up! you control yourself don't let the booze.

Best of luck and well done on starting to change.

Back