I am an alcoholic and some help/advive

can I ask what started you off on this mad bender ? I notice that you started a thread about a week ago about an accident with someone in your car, did this take you over the edge ?
do you live on your own ?

the advice given above is the best m8 get in touch with someone asap
you have took the first step so dont stop now m8 step 1 is always the hardest step 2 is so easy
drinking wont solve anything just hide it till the problems come back when your sober
the best advice is whatever your problem or problems there is always someone worse off, easy said than admitting
hope you get yourself sorted soon m8 tc regards

Dont want to sound harsh or unkind here m8 but i really think you are asking in the wrong place for the help you need.
Cant see how anyone on here can help other than by the advice that has already been given. You need professional councelling and not replies on a hacking forum.
Good luck

think ianb is right this isnt the place . most of us drink like fishes on here ,, so where no the best place .. doctors is your first call m8

Have a wee drink and forget about it.

That's what I do. ;)

I thought it was mandatory to be an alcoholic on this site. :)

Reactions: v14
Whats your intake mate? Are you in danger of damaging yourself like organ failure (Bottle Voddy a day or any other spirit?) or are you drinking Lager/Beer/Cider?

Not that the latter is much better but I know a guy that's just split from his wife and found himself in intensive care after 3 weeks of drinking spirits, he's damaged his pancreas.

There is no really enough info for anyone to advise you mate other than the links people have posted and the advice given out so far.
A remember years ago going on benders with the lads at holiday time for 2 wks and a still have the odd weekend of mayhem.
A drink a couple of cans 3 or 4 nights a week that i enjoy and being sober on a Friday is against ma religion.

If you are drinking all the time and feel a need for it then you might have a problem but a would visit ma doctor and get a proper opinion.
Good luck and a hope it works out for you fella..

Dont want to sound harsh or unkind here m8 but i really think you are asking in the wrong place for the help you need.
Cant see how anyone on here can help other than by the advice that has already been given. You need professional councelling and not replies on a hacking forum.
Good luck

I have to agree with IanB.

My sister is an alcholic, and some of the lame arse advice she got from friends/contacts etc was just plain stupid at best, and dangerous at worse. You need professional support.

You are prepared to admit you have a problem and that you need some support, which is a big step forward. There are agencies out there, but you still have to be prepared to put in the effort and see it through. It'll not be easy, not at all, and often people fall off the wagon a few times before finding the strength to see it through.

I wish you all the luck in the world mate, as seeing the destruction it does to people and families first hand really breaks your heart.

But you need to get yourself proper help, not a few comfort replies from DW. Sorry if that sounds harsh.

There is no really enough info for anyone to advise you mate other than the links people have posted and the advice given out so far.
A remember years ago going on benders with the lads at holiday time for 2 wks and a still have the odd weekend of mayhem.
A drink a couple of cans 3 or 4 nights a week that i enjoy and being sober on a Friday is against ma religion.

If you are drinking all the time and feel a need for it then you might have a problem but a would visit ma doctor and get a proper opinion.
Good luck and a hope it works out for you fella..

Sorry Bilabonic but yes you definately have a problem. Whats the point of beating around the bush here? Someone who is awake all night waiting to get booze at 8.30 in the morning is just wrong.
Visit your doctor to get a proper opinion as Hoppy says? WTF!!!

Why? He's already acknowledged he's got a problem and actually realises it himself. Is the doctor going to say something magically different??

I can't be doing with nicey-nicey idiotic replies. Bilabonic,its all down to you mate. No matter how many people post links to AA or various other sites its down to you. You admit you have a problem and that is the 1st step. Where you go from here is entirely your own decison.

Sorry Bilabonic but yes you definately have a problem. Whats the point of beating around the bush here? Someone who is awake all night waiting to get booze at 8.30 in the morning is just wrong.
Visit your doctor to get a proper opinion as Hoppy says? WTF!!!

Why? He's already acknowledged he's got a problem and actually realises it himself. Is the doctor going to say something magically different??

I can't be doing with nicey-nicey idiotic replies. Bilabonic,its all down to you mate. No matter how many people post links to AA or various other sites its down to you. You admit you have a problem and that the 1st step. Where you go from here is entirely your own decison.

You cant be arsed with nicey nicey replies!!!
Dont fookin read them then.

Do you no think his doctor is the best person to advise him on his problems and then advise him on advance treatment?
Looks like a no brainer to me but the guy must have a problem as Dr Cronus has diagnosed it on DW..

Bilabonic posted last year that he had suffered from depression in the past!
Maybe he is going through a bout of it at the moment and is drinking as a result which doesn't make you an alcoholic.
I dont know as am no a doctor and thats why i told him to go to his and find out.

5 posts and your having a pop at members nicey,nicey replies!!
Piss off ya rocket...

Simple question mate what makes you think your chemic, as far as i can see you ask for advice which you get plentiful then come back and say no good need more advice ???? so you have been on a binge for 7/8 days been there done that. Elaborate please, scrapping the copper jar for enough to get a can of wild and fight at 8 in the morning is not a bad start but by the amount of replies and your little input hmmm gets me thinking.

Once again why do you think your chemic???

Zactly!!!

Bilabonic is a long standing member here, he knows how the forum works and values our advise, hence his original plea.

Rightly, or wrongly, he asked us for our support, which we have gave him.
If any member asks for our help, most of us will bend over backwards to assist.

Yes, he has acknowledged that he has a problem.
Yes, the next step is down to him, that is not in dispute.

What he doesn't need is his thread turning into a flame war.
I suggest that you lurk for a while longer to see how this forum works before attacking other valued members here.

So cronus...how about thinking before you post, we know you're a n00b, but there's no reason to act like it.

Cheers.

Bilabonic,its all down to you mate. No matter how many people post links to AA or various other sites its down to you. You admit you have a problem and that is the 1st step. Where you go from here is entirely your own decison.

His post is a bit hard but true in this point ive quoted.

AA and rehab are not just about the 12 steps, Its about teaching you the tools need inlife, And some where to go other than the pub.

You can have all the tools and skils need, But its your choice to deal with the uncomfortable shit and not drink.

The only tool/advice i can offer is the barking dog,
Everytime you think about a drink. Bark to your self. rather than think of the uncomfortable feeling and why you should get a drink.(thats you ill mind talking trying to trick you) You cant trust your own thoughts right now.

So bark and bark. Right.. If you dont feed that dog. It will lose the strength to bark and will die. What feeds your dog is drink.

So dont feed it let it bark.

Zactly!!!What he doesn't need is his thread turning into a flame war.
Cheers.

Eh? What flame war?

Bilabonic wanted advice and I gave my opinion. Maybe you aimed this post at the wrong person. Unless I suddenly can't read the english language correctly,it certainly wasn't me who started gobbing off.

"You cant be arsed with nicey nicey replies!!!
Dont fookin read them then."
"5 posts and your having a pop at members nicey,nicey replies!!
Piss off ya rocket..."

I wasn't aware that I had to have x amount of posts before I could dare to disagree with someone's opinions...my bad.

At least jasperconran can see a bit of sense.

And Bilabonic...keep safe mate. If you are serious about this and needing help then you have got a long road ahead of you.

Its never too late for anyone to change and don't ever forget that. No matter how hard it seems,and life is a shitter,but it will get better with time.
You've realised you have a problem and it gets hard from here but you can beat it.

Best of luck mate.

That barking thing doesn't work.

I've barked my head off all night and I'm still pished.

;)

I Can't believe some members of DW weather new through to elite can be so hard on this poor person who has only asked for help and advice. Admittedly a little more information as to why the need to drink so heavily every day would have been a better place to start, if you deal with the cause then you can deal with the cure.
The drinking isn't the problem here the reason why you feel the need to drink ( what problem you are covering up ) is the real problem.
We all go through stages of anxiety, depression, illness, loss etc and need someone to talk to outside the system, someone who has been through similar themselves.
I've been there and if you don't know who to talk to about the problem a forum like this where nobody knows who you are but can give you advice is a great place, not a place to mock the person involved, the next person who help is needed for could be you.

Many have suffered alone and been found dead due to lack of support.

Good luck in over coming this mate, most of us are here to talk to if you need us, but you have to need to stop drinking for yourself to overcome it.

I Can't believe some members of DW weather new through to elite can be so hard on this poor person who has only asked for help and advice. Admittedly a little more information as to why the need to drink so heavily every day would have been a better place to start, if you deal with the cause then you can deal with the cure.
The drinking isn't the problem here the reason why you feel the need to drink ( what problem you are covering up ) is the real problem.
We all go through stages of anxiety, depression, illness, loss etc and need someone to talk to outside the system, someone who has been through similar themselves.
I've been there and if you don't know who to talk to about the problem a forum like this where nobody knows who you are but can give you advice is a great place, not a place to mock the person involved, the next person who help is needed for could be you.

Many have suffered alone and been found dead due to lack of support.

Good luck in over coming this mate, most of us are here to talk to if you need us, but you have to need to stop drinking for yourself to overcome it.

spot on m8 they dont know how bad it is you can die detoxing from beer its worst than coming of heroin

Sorry maybe i was a little harsh, but can you give us some more info mate, what triggers you off to go on these binges are there underlying issues almost undoubtedly yes, these are the problems not the drink, the drink is just a form of escapism from the underlying issues. We all know people who have addictions of one sort or another and can give advice based on our dealings with them. But none of us are professionals in this field and i feel this is what you need professional help and a bit of tough love maybe lol. No hard feelings mate keep us posted.

whatever you decide to do the majority of dw members are with you all of the way. good luck m8.Keep us informed.

Back