how to get epg working on dm 800hd

Well its DM800HD

sim and boot loader? no idea......how can i check???

and i can find the plugin u mentioned.....could you please post the link?

Thanks

Sure Wiz, AJT wasn't just working hardest but also very patient with a newbie like me......not only added Rep to him but also did personally thanked him.....What i mean was apart from him somebody else (You) are here. Thanks.

Will do as you said and let you know. Which is the image you would suggest?

I would choose this image as most of the work is done for you as it is a pre configured back up image..flash and your all ready to go..nice...this image is for SIM2 if you have sim 2 its the one for you.
openpli-2.1-beta-dm800-2013-03-31-sim2-dOOds - Downloads - DigitalWorldz - Satellite, Cable, Console Forums

plugins should be available from plugin menu under extensions(i think)
its mostly important to find what sim you have.when you turn on box it should flash sim....... in display.
as for bootloader if you want to flash a new image you will need to flash correct bootloader for that image.the bootloader for the image above is ssl84b here.http://www.digitalworldz.co.uk/index.php?resources/202/

it is without doubt good advice from mr wizz to install a new image and bring your box upto date..

Last edited by a moderator:
ok working on it now......

bootloader and sim doesn't make a difference?

on booting up no flash sim........anywhere on hardware or software where i can check manually?

Well providing its at least sim 2.01 and boot loader 82

But don't go flashing till you have backed up your existing image and confirmed what sim and boot loader you have :eek:

Sim and boot loader should show on display as its booting

As long as you have sim201 or sim 210 you are good to go. bootloader must match image ie bootloader ssl84b with a image for example openpli sim 210 ssl84b dm800 clone.
very important you know sim/bootloader and box for sure before flashing so you use all correct stuff.
good luck..

if you have tspanel installed you can go to it then to information then image info and find out exactly what you are running.(i only know this way to get full image info)
Then we will be able or someone will be able to tell the sim the bootloader etc

Last edited:
My motto used to be..If all else fails use extreme violence.
now its..if all else fails RE FLASH.

Linux version 2.6.12-5.1-brcmstb-dm800
(newnigma2@vs35) (gcc version 4.1.1) #1 Sun Nov 22
23:01:18 UTC 2009

Above is the kernel info.

Does this help?

Also i did install nfi backup tool but do not find the option to back up anywhere. In Plugin Menu it gives an error :

Some Plugins are not available:
extension/nfimagetools (No module named NFIimageTools.plugin)

Linux version 2.6.12-5.1-brcmstb-dm800
(newnigma2@vs35) (gcc version 4.1.1) #1 Sun Nov 22
23:01:18 UTC 2009

Above is the kernel info.

Does this help?

Also i did install nfi backup tool but do not find the option to back up anywhere. In Plugin Menu it gives an error :

Some Plugins are not available:
extension/nfimagetools (No module named NFIimageTools.plugin)

Edit here is flashbackup ipk http://www.digitalworldz.co.uk/index.php?resources/283/

No no help except to say its a very old image.the location option will need to be an external drive(like your usb stick)
It is not imperative you do a back up i see no reason to back up a image that is not doing it for you and will be difficult for you to restore.Just flash and start over is the simplest as you are able to re install everything you need after but its your choice.
is your sim 201 or 210 or other??you are enigma 2 dm800 clone
lets stop faffing around and get you sorted out.if you want to reflash let me know and we will go from there.you will be sorted tonight just need to be a bit gunghoo

Last edited by a moderator:
backing up done.

incase if i flash the new firmware and cannot get it working i can flash back this back up so that all my setting will be as it is right now correct?

backing up failed as internal memory not enough and it is not reading usb stick.

backing up failed as internal memory not enough and it is not reading usb stick.

you will be at this forever mate...everything is going wrong for you...just give in and flash.

AJT is correct -Flashing is very straight forward mate.

I have DM800HD clone as well.
Have tried various images & never had any trouble.
Just follow instructions from AJT or ask for help & you;ll get sorted.

Best of luck mate
raz0r

Back