how to get epg working on dm 800hd

jishey

Inactive User
Reaction score
Hi everyone my name is John can anyone help me i have a clone dreambox 800 hd and i would like to have a working epg i have formatted a usb stick 8 gig to fat 32 i have dreambox control center can anyone help me thanks in advance

Youd get a better response in the appropriate section, hopefully a mod can sort that.

I had the same question.....just posted it. Hope it helps newbies like us

I had the same question.....just posted it. Hope it helps newbies like us

First you need to have crossepg installed from plugins and configured.so go to plugins menu and download in install cross epg.second from the plugins menu also download and install coolmans tvguild.
once crossepg is installed go to it in settings menu and then to configure and set it to download epg info to memory stick and also set up auto download data at what ever time of day you want and then exit and go to opentv providers and make sure only sky 28.2E is ticked exit that and scroll down to download now and okay it and it should download epg info to memory stick wait for download to complete and load then exit.
also make sure you have latest channel bouquets installed(channel lists)there is tutorial for this in sticky's.
this is it in a nutshell.

I found this just by looking here in the forums

https://www.digitalworldz.co.uk/index.php?threads/281759/

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks.........will try it tonight.

I have a lot of Indian Channels tuned but i have no idea whats the frequency (astra or anything for that matter). Is there a way i can find out? This is important so that i could also download it for those channels along with sky channels

Thanks

I have configured cross epg the way you have described. Everything seems to be working. Downloading completed within few seconds so i am not sure if it has downloaded or not. Is there a way to check whether epg data has been downloaded?

I have configured cross epg the way you have described. Everything seems to be working. Downloading completed within few seconds so i am not sure if it has downloaded or not. Is there a way to check whether epg data has been downloaded?

while watching any channel just press the red button and wait a few seconds and if your epg appears its downloaded and configured correctly

when i press the red button it shows HDD error. Not initialized or mounted

when i press the red button it shows HDD error. Not initialized or mounted

okay go to crossepg in settings menu and make sure it is configured to download to your memory stick.first make sure stick is formatted to fat32
if stick is not seen in epg config(top line)ie the option for your memory stick is not there turn of your box insert formatted memory stick and turn on box back on then go to settings and configure epg info to store to memory stick.at the moment its not then in epg settings go to opentv providers and tick sky 28,2e exit scroll down to DOWNLOAD NOW and press OK.if all is correct it will take you to radio page AND PLAY MUSIC while it downloads and loads etc..this takes around 2-3 mins to complete.

ok ext drive formatted fat32. I go to settings - cross epg - configure :
storage device upper usb slot
enable csv import - yes
force epg reload on boot - yes
download on tune - yes

exit
Then i go to OpenTv Prodiers - sky uk opentv (astra2 on 28.2) ticked

Then i go to download now.

Still no music. Downling,converting shown in bottom right corner and disappears in few seconds.

i reboot it to check but still nothing

i press blue button - new nigma2 services - system tools - device manager - upper usb slot - partition sda1 mounted on :/autofs/1beb-1a7b

ok ext drive formatted fat32. I go to settings - cross epg - configure :
storage device upper usb slot
enable csv import - yes
force epg reload on boot - yes
download on tune - yes

exit
Then i go to OpenTv Prodiers - sky uk opentv (astra2 on 28.2) ticked

Then i go to download now.

Still no music. Downling,converting shown in bottom right corner and disappears in few seconds.

i reboot it to check but still nothing

must be lower usb i think.you have to put it in lower slot

changed the slot.....everything still remains same just storage device - lower usb

i have a custom bouquets installed and Indian channels tuned and pre configured. I do not have any idea how to set them.

Following the method you mentioned would reset all my existing bouquets and channel set correct.

If yes any other solution?

i have a custom bouquets installed and Indian channels tuned and pre configured. I do not have any idea how to set them.

Following the method you mentioned would reset all my existing bouquets and channel set correct.

If yes any other solution?

it will not affect tuning but it would effect the layout if you have moved channels around on your list to next to each other etc It will have something to do with providers then that you download info from what satalites are you using.

I have found this tutorial for crossepg on here just by searching..i hope it helps.
https://www.digitalworldz.co.uk/index.php?threads/275753/

ok i can try and play around.

But before doing this if i FTP to root folder and copy everything on my PC and just in case something goes wrong can i FTP back into dreambox, delete everything and copy all the data back on dreambox from my PC in order to restore the current config, layout, Bouquets, Channels etc?

ok i can try and play around.

But before doing this if i FTP to root folder and copy everything on my PC and just in case something goes wrong can i FTP back into dreambox, delete everything and copy all the data back on dreambox from my PC in order to restore the current config, layout, Bouquets, Channels etc?

you can do that but you need to know what files to copy bouquets/channels are in etc/enigma 2.
best thing for you to do is do a settings backup then you can restore if you need to.

Back