How to compile lib's ?

ToneDeff

Inactive User
Reaction score
Sorry for the newb question

i've got a cvs checkout from "cvs.tuxbox.org" just so i could test my setup and see if it worked with any enigma cvs.

used
Code:
You don't have permission to view the code content. Log in or register now.

got it running and created a DM500 image ok i think....

now that this is able to build for "Enigma" i guess i can now compile in mostly the right format for TM Enigma ? as all lib's i've tried from dm images work with UR

if so how do i compile/add a lib that's not included at the moment.

e.g
i want to get hold of libncurses.so.5, so i can run "nano"

Last edited:
I've figures out how to compile plugins.

created

/dream/cdk/maketest

then

added "bibledemo.cpp" example plugin from "Enigma Bible"

and add this makefile to same dir
Code:

then did

> cd /dream/cdk/maketest/
> make

i now have
/dream/cdk/maketest/Bibledemo.so

Last edited:
Not sure to be honest...

what is it you want to do ?

used to do some cracking/reversing with win32 game .exe's and some .dll stuff, was just removing "steam" protections following guides... and reversing isn't really decompiling...

also pretty sure if you could decompile from the .so file it wouldn't have any of the #comments from original source and "words" that made sense of code before could just be a load of random characters, could be wrong about all that though, only just learnt how to compile something ;P

just read it back, and it sounded like i was being sarcastic, wasnt meant to m8 :)

i ask, as in the last 6 months, youre soaking info up like a sponge, and my thinking behind the last post was for possible decomnpiling the youtube player, and maybe building an iplayer type plugin from it

now thatd be cool

on another note m8, reading through your panel thread, youre now doing things with TM panel that a lot of other teams havent got. it may be worth when adding updates to the thread, to just say what youve updated, and how to use it, and actually keep the code that does the wrok out of the public part of the forum

managed to compile libncurses.so... somehow...

using >

./configure --target=powerpc-tuxbox-linux-gnu --host=powerpc-tuxbox-linux-gnu --prefix= --with-terminfo-dirs=/var/terminfo --disable-big-core --without-debug --without-progs --without-ada --with-shared --without-profile --disable-rpath --without-cxx-binding --with-fallbacks='linux vt100 xterm'

had to copy "powerpc-tuxbox-linux-gnu" files to debians main /bin/ or it would just keep saying it couldnt find them... i've no idea what im doing to be honest but atleast now nano isn't asking for that lib anymore, got a new error :D

Code:

if so how do i compile/add a lib that's not included at the moment.

e.g
i want to get hold of libncurses.so.5, so i can run "nano"

make .libcrypto should make your libs for you :)

cheers

osborne82

Back