Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

How much to install sky dish

If you live near bolton I can give you his number on the PM.

He works for a comapny but did a side job for me.

Nice gut

Thx for that. I was contemplating doing it myself but don't have a satelite Alignment tool.

Anyone know of a cheap iinstaller that will install in Guildford, Surrey?

Thanks

I doubt anyone especially a Sly installer will travel from Bolton to Guildford/Surrey for £35 LOL

if its a south facing wall and not to high then get yourself a kit off E*** and do it yourself... you will then have the confidence to fix any future problems that may arise,regards mdt

my brother in law paid .30 pounds and my father in law ,50 for 80 m fixed dishes to be fixed ,I did mine myself using an old technomate 1000, get 89,signal strength,, on a f3 box, a quick guide is look at all your houses around you, start off in that direction , then fine tune ,ure dish ,using the signal bar, .I take a small tv with me .

my brother in law paid .30 pounds and my father in law ,50 for 80 m fixed dishes to be fixed ,I did mine myself using an old technomate 1000, get 89,signal strength,, on a f3 box, a quick guide is look at all your houses around you, start off in that direction , then fine tune ,ure dish ,using the signal bar, .I take a small tv with me .

100% agree this is the best way just add to it try to avoid any tall objects in line with your dish trees,buildings ect.

Ok so i have now purchased a satelite install kit from fleabay with 25m shotgun cable.

I have also purchased a L shape wall pole as half my house has wood timber slats.

Even got a friendly neighbour to drill the hole into my living room.

problem I now have is this:

my house is south facing the the wall in the back garden is perfect. However, at the back of my garden I have really tall trees about the same height as house. The trees are like 30-40 meters away from the house. Can I install the dish there? Ie will the trees block the line of view?

thx

I've used an iphone app Satfinder that I've found easy to use. I think there are also android apps available too.

However, at the back of my garden I have really tall trees about the same height as house. The trees are like 30-40 meters away from the house. Can I install the dish there? Ie will the trees block the line of view?
You will be fine.

Tan @ = Opp/Adj
Satellite signal comes down at 25.3, lets use the lowest value of distance to trees that you have given (30m)

Tan 25.3 = Opp/30
0.472 = Opp/30
0.472 * 30 = Opp
Opp = 14.18

In simple terms, at 30m distance, the top of the tree can be 14.18 higher than the bottom of the dish.

Around northern ireland approx £40 :)

Just install though with equipment approx £65-£70!

Last edited by a moderator:
i got all the gear now. Also borrowed mmy friends satlink ws 6906.

now a quick q. Which satelite do I need to connect to??
1) eurobird 1 28.2e
2) Astra 2a 28.2e
3) Astra 2b 28.2e
4) Astra 2d 28.2e

also how much signal do I need?
signal intensity? This seems to hover about 73%
signal quality? This seems to hover about 20-30% when I get a lock whilst holding the dish in my hand

all those satellites are at the same position, you need signal quality as high as possible forget signal intensity

LNB skew is forced on you on mk4 dishes. If dsh is older, then you need to be at 7 o'clock when looking at it from the front. Don't forget to make use of the spirit level.

HI

What do i need the spirit level for?
I looked at the spirit level on the LNB and its skewed to 1 side.

I have the mk4 dish dish installed onto a L pole

Is this sigal stength sufficient?

sky.jpg

Well done.

You should be able to increase those readings. A push on each corner will give you idea which way to go.

The spirit level is to ensure that the dish is level. Don't forget to pull the hood down to cover the. cable.

Well done.

You should be able to increase those readings. A push on each corner will give you idea which way to go.

The spirit level is to ensure that the dish is level. Don't forget to pull the hood down to cover the. cable.

What should i aim for on the readings? Ive done it for ages now and the best i can get is as per the below pic.

As im using a L pole, do i need to get the dish level using hte spirit level?sky3.jpg

Managed to get this now.

BUt hte bottom Signal quality bar dips and rises on its own.

Is this sufficient now?sky4.jpg

That will probably be as good as it will get. I don't know why quality is fluctuating. Hopefully someone will respond and I'll learn.

There are two screws on the rear of dish that allows you to loosen where it joins arm and level the dish. Don't forget to tighten.

Back