Home Alarm System

Bally12345

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
I have got quotes today from ADT and other companies to purchase and install alarm system in my new house. Should get the prices in next few days but my electrician has said to buy my own alarm and he will fit it for free...

So where do I look? What should I go for? Any suggestions or alarm fitters please reply :)

Another option would be to buy a wireless system form screwfix/toolstation/b&q/makro and fit it yourself and save a packet.

Most burglars will rob you even if the alarm is going off so I dont think it's worth spending loads of money on, just get good insurance.

My electrician going to install it for free so I want to buy a decent system.

I've been looking at one of these mate, it can dial up to 5 mobile numbers via GSM network if there's an intruder or a fire...

house alarm

Just not sure on it as don't want to be putting batteries in the IR's ll the time.....

Thats looks good but would prefer wired system with keypad downstairs and upstairs.

hey, i had an old system needed updating so bought all the bits from Here

http://www.tlc-direct.co.uk/Main_Index/Alarm_Index/index.html

i fitted a keypad in kitchen, extra keypad up stairs 3 programmable programs so different one for day and night mine dont dial numbers but its awful loud

i went for the Accenta Gen4 Alarm Panel - 8SP411A and bought an extra keypad 4 of these Activ8 Single Channel Quad Pir with Selectable Pet Immunity Option this bell box ADE - RESON8 WHITE/BLUE SAB BELL BOX works well easy to fit, i had alot of the wiring already in so it was abit easier than a full install, never liked the idea of a wireless system :)

Focus

Last edited:
These are a cheap company to buy from : Alert Electrical | Electric Showers, Storage Heaters, Burglar Alarms

You can put your own kit together....
I'd recommend ADE Accenta Gen4 (2.4Ah back-up battery)same as focuS but would use Texecom Odessey 1E external Sounder: Texecom Odyssey 1E Bellbox Bell box External Sounder& have never had a problem with Honeywell is215T Pir's:Intellisense IS215 PIR Detector
Extra keypad upstairs is ok (for lazy people :tongue:).

Don't forget a couple of door contacts, 6core alarm cable and maybe an internal sounder/extension speaker.

You can also fit an autodialler: Honeywell ADE Informa Speech Dialler For Burglar Alarm Systems

All inc. about £200 with the dialler but with a sparky installing for free it's worth it.
Personally I'd supply & install with dialler for about £500 with 4PiRs & 2 door contacts.

Ps - I'm been an alarm engineer for 15yrs & have NEVER been let down by the above kit over the years

Last edited:
Sorted with the alarm now getting honeywell speach dialer with 4pirs and 2door contacts and another keypad for upstairs for just under £200 so thats good... Now need to sort out the CCTV!

This is what I have gone for using TLC-Direct What you think?

Code:
You don't have permission to view the code content. Log in or register now.

Last edited:
CCTV pad upstairs m8 you either live in a rough area or way to paranoid!!!

Do you mean keypad? Its a new build so might aswell do everything properly... A keypad comes with the alarm panel and one with the speach dialer so makes sense.

Do you mean keypad? Its a new build so might aswell do everything properly... A keypad comes with the alarm panel and one with the speach dialer so makes sense.

Aye sorry got distracted while typing should have been "CCTV, and key pad upstairs...

I am looking for a alarm installer around my area or anyone willing to help. be quoted on phone £500 for 1door contact 2 pirs keypad dial panel plus alarm box i think thats expensive

How have you been getting on with this setup? Need to get myself something that'll

- put off burglars,
- call out when it's activated
- and possibly hook up with a CCTV system which I can either get from the same retailer if it's good or from another which will have some sort of input or output to the alarm system (EDIT: Reading around, this functionality may only exist for hooking up IR movement sensors to the CCTV system: Integrating My CCTV DVR And Alarm System « Didier Stevens and http://www.cctv-information.co.uk/i/Understanding_Passive_Infra_Red_(PIR)_Movement_Sensors)

As I'm finishing up all my wiring in the house, I got the chance to wire all this up as well :)

Let me know your thoughts on it and what you think you could have done better if you had the chance again (basically any helpful tips and pitfalls to avoid). I've already taken a good point from you; the lazy-man's keypad upstairs! lol :)

Last edited:
I am looking for a alarm installer around my area or anyone willing to help. be quoted on phone £500 for 1door contact 2 pirs keypad dial panel plus alarm box i think thats expensive

Thats bout £400 labour,sheesh

I bought a £32.00 GSM alarm, installed it all my self, works great. PIR and Door sensors.

Rings and text you and your friends mobile on entry...cheap and easy to install. all wireless.

I bought a £32.00 GSM alarm, installed it all my self, works great. PIR and Door sensors.

Rings and text you and your friends mobile on entry...cheap and easy to install. all wireless.

Got a link dibbs m8?

just flebay mate, and then look for GSM alarm....

There cheap and the voice synthasizer isn't the greatest, how ever, for less than £35.00 to have it monitor your house and alert you when needed then I'm OK and happy to have it.

Last edited:
How have you been getting on with this setup? Need to get myself something that'll

- put off burglars,
- call out when it's activated
- and possibly hook up with a CCTV system which I can either get from the same retailer if it's good or from another which will have some sort of input or output to the alarm system (EDIT: Reading around, this functionality may only exist for hooking up IR movement sensors to the CCTV system: Integrating My CCTV DVR And Alarm System « Didier Stevens and http://www.cctv-information.co.uk/i/Understanding_Passive_Infra_Red_(PIR)_Movement_Sensors)

As I'm finishing up all my wiring in the house, I got the chance to wire all this up as well :)

Let me know your thoughts on it and what you think you could have done better if you had the chance again (basically any helpful tips and pitfalls to avoid). I've already taken a good point from you; the lazy-man's keypad upstairs! lol :)

Have a look at Visonic

I have the Powermaster 30 with remote prox keypad.

Back