HI, It has been a while.

Come back with any question you have when you have gained some insight.
Hi Ferret,
I have been having a look, and it all looks very complicated, I asked my server for oscam files and he has sent four different files which l have opened and saved in notepad ++. These are oscam. conf; oscam.dvbapi; oscam.server; oscam.user. How do l add these files to the box? Is this through the Vu Control Centre?
Thanks in advance,
Paul.

Yes FTP them to etc/tutbox/config

Restart your box then start oscam.
Hi Ferret,
Thanks for this, yes done that and the oscam is active. It seems the same as the Cccam. Does the Oscam need updating now?

Hi Ferret,
Thanks for this, yes done that and the oscam is active. It seems the same as the Cccam. Does the Oscam need updating now?

If you just viewing/using lines and it opens what your expecting i would not bother, if your running local cards in oscam it would depend on what those are.

Oscam is most certainly not like CCcam for more reconfigurable and supports hell of a lot more encryptions and cards.

If you just viewing/using lines and it opens what your expecting i would not bother, if your running local cards in oscam it would depend on what those are.

Oscam is most certainly not like CCcam for more reconfigurable and supports hell of a lot more encryptions and cards.
Thanks for this Ferret,
It does seem to be only opening what the Cccam was opening, l will have to look into it further, in one of the oscam files it has a list of channels and services, but it is difficult to relate that to the channel list on the sat box. Something else I need to get my head round.

Thanks for this Ferret,
It does seem to be only opening what the Cccam was opening, l will have to look into it further, in one of the oscam files it has a list of channels and services, but it is difficult to relate that to the channel list on the sat box. Something else I need to get my head round.
Hi Ferret,
If l purchase further lines in Oscam( l have asked that my server to supply the lines as oscam files), would l just add this in the same way l did the first files?

No mate no limit for the oscam server file
Hi Ferret,
Sorry if this sounds daft, what is the bouquet? Is this the latest available channel list, if so how do l install this?

Hi Ferret,
Sorry if this sounds daft, what is the bouquet? Is this the latest available channel list, if so how do l install this?
Hi Ferret,
How can l tell what version of Oscam l have and how do l update it to the latest version?

Login to the web interface for oscam it will tell you the version number there but it should also tell you the version number in the cam panel where you start it.

You would have to manually update it i just ftp the main oscam file to overwrite the one you have now, but you could just manually install the latest IPK file.

Login to the web interface for oscam it will tell you the version number there but it should also tell you the version number in the cam panel where you start it.

You would have to manually update it i just ftp the main oscam file to overwrite the one you have now, but you could just manually install the latest IPK file.
I have oscam version 1.20_svn buildr11517. Is this the latest?

No 11681 is

But if your only using your version for lines there is no real need to update what you have.
Can you please guide me to what else l can use the oscam for????? That sounds very interesting.

Can you please guide me to what else l can use the oscam for????? That sounds very interesting.

You can run real cards with it and share that card, its very configurable and can run many provider card other cams can not. But that is as far as i can go with the details as it would break site rules. If you dont have any cards then its of no interest to you.

You can also use it with keys to open some packages and also feeds that can cover anything from 3pm football, boxing etc. Useful with a motorised dish not very useful if you dont have motorised.

This can get a little technical so you would be better gaining background and knowledge via google and then asking questions on it.

You can run real cards with it and share that card, its very configurable and can run many provider card other cams can not. But that is as far as i can go with the details as it would break site rules. If you dont have any cards then its of no interest to you.

You can also use it with keys to open some packages and also feeds that can cover anything from 3pm football, boxing etc. Useful with a motorised dish not very useful if you dont have motorised.

This can get a little technical so you would be better gaining background and knowledge via google and then asking questions on it.
Hi Ferret,
This sounds like a project! In these day of lockdown we need something to keep us occupied. I have two sets of lines, and a motorised dish, and two two receivers, a spiderbox HD 9000, and a VU+Duo 2. Two very different boxes. The Spiderbox is very easy to use the VU l am still learning about. I have managed to install the lines into the oscam file with your help, and l am very grateful for that. I may have problems flashing the Vu box now though. Has this been an issue with other people in the past, this seems to have happened since l installed the latest Vix image, this was from an old Black hole image. I have ordered a couple of new flash drives, incase it is them and will give it another go, with maybe an Ipk file.

I must flash my duo2 10 times a month messing with stuff, never any issues main thing is make sure you remove any usb kit so the only usb drive it will be using is the one your flashing with.

Can i just make one suggestion that won't hurt to try. When i use to swap images a lot on other boxes sometimes I would get that the box would just not see the usb drive to update. It did not matter how i formated it it just would not work. I got round this by preforming a factory reset on the box via the remote then allow the box to boot and then try again with the update.

Back