HI, It has been a while.

Images have changed

All images except maybe PLi need a password adding before you can access them. DCC asks for a password yes if you follow those instructions and give the image a pass then you have it for when DCC asks.

I dont like it either that the images groups have done this as the number of times ive had to go through this is monotonous.
Thanks Ferret,
I will give it a go again, hope you have a wonderful Christmas.

You have to give the image a password before it will connect.
Not really mate.
I can access root of E2 on filezilla with:
HOST: sftp://192.168.X.XX
USER: root

(no password required)
Tested on OpenATV 6.4

Old method box IP as host and root as password will not work. But above method does. Assigning password to box will work ad you stated.
But sftp:// before the IP also works without password.

Not really mate.

(no password required)
Tested on OpenATV 6.4

Old method box IP as host and root as password will not work. But above method does. Assigning password to box will work ad you stated.
Not sure how you managed it on 6.4 tbh. What receiver is your 6.4 running on ?

The latest round of OE-Alliance images do .

Try OpenATV 6.5

Last edited:
Not really mate.

(no password required)
Tested on OpenATV 6.4

Some info for you from the OE- Alliance team mate how you managed im not sure.

Safety is important to us

Important Information we will deactivate the root account at the beta image!
This means that you have no access after the installation.
If you need access, you must set the root password afterwards
Access via Telnet / FTP / SSH is possible.
The root password can be easily set via the menu:

Menu Setup

System

Network

Password Setup

Last edited:
Anyone know of a way to lock a box to stop anyway connecting to ftp programs like putty and filezilla in the network settings on the box. Have mates autistic son who keeps watching videos on youtube and keeps messing with the box. Not done it for a long time but sure it can be setup to block ftp connections

Anyone know of a way to lock a box to stop anyway connecting to ftp programs like putty and filezilla in the network settings on the box. Have mates autistic son who keeps watching videos on youtube and keeps messing with the box. Not done it for a long time but sure it can be setup to block ftp connections

He's watching youtube on a e2 box ? That would be port 80 or 8080 not 22/23 for ftp etc.

Hi l have done that, where do l get the name for the box, l am using a Vu+ duo2.

Thanks in advance.
Paul.

Hi l have done that and got a password, where do l get a name for the box? I am using a uv+duo2

Explain more mate what do you have in front of you on screen ?
Hi Ferret,
I followed the previous advice on security and how to set up a password on the box itself, I did this and put that in the dream box control centre, but l need a name for the login details. I have tried uv+ duo2 and it is still asking for login information

Not sure how you managed it on 6.4 tbh. What receiver is your 6.4 running on ?

The latest round of OE-Alliance images do .

Try OpenATV 6.5
Im running zgemma i55 mate.
I thought the new security feature was implemented on 6.4 as it would not allow me access to box.
I then ran... sftp:// before the IP and connected to box ok.
Unfortunately i can “not” test 6.5 as image has not been released for that model of zgemma i55.
(Its not the zgemma i55 plus)

Still not working!

Thanks Ferret, that did the trick, got it fabulous. Thanks again,
Paul.
Ok, here we go again, l have just tried to drag the file into the act folder, and it wont go, does it now need to be cut and pasted somewhere?

Im running zgemma i55 mate.
I thought the new security feature was implemented on 6.4 as it would not allow me access to box.
I then ran... sftp:// before the IP and connected to box ok.
Unfortunately i can “not” test 6.5 as image has not been released for that model of zgemma i55.
(Its not the zgemma i55 plus)

Must just be FTP then sftp still open.

He's watching youtube on a e2 box ? That would be port 80 or 8080 not 22/23 for ftp etc.
No he is watching youbube vids to learn how to setup his dads zgemma box and keeps connecting to ftp (putty) .I have a backup on usb but plays with that so looking at locking the box to stop him messing

No he is watching youbube vids to learn how to setup his dads zgemma box and keeps connecting to ftp (putty) .I have a backup on usb but plays with that so looking at locking the box to stop him messing

You would have to remove vsftpd from the image but then you would need to reinstall it when you needed it.

Id just change the box password to somat he would no know.

Back