HI, It has been a while.

Have you flashed it yet ?

CCcam is available in the plugins downloads on the duo 2
Hi Ferret ,
Yes and I dont like it, I have tried to flash another Black hole image and it wont go in. it wont flash! any ideas?

What does the front screen of the duo 2 do when you try the messages it shows ?
Hi Ferret, just goes into the normal boot, it wont boot from the usb stick. It may be that l need to install something else first .

No mate nothing else needed

Reformat the USB stick and try again.
Hi Ferret,
I have tried that, it wont boot from the usb stick, l have even tried a different one. I am doing this right l think! , switch off the box at the back, plug in the stick, switch on, then it should update! The box just goes into a normal boot. I think l will just persevere with the new image l have installed. I just dont like the format of it. I noticed it has some cams in it for download, are these the latest, or can l obtain better ones externally?
Many Thanks
Paul.

Are you pressing the power button at the prompt ?

Flashing Your VU+ Duo2 With A USB Stick

Easiest method is by USB make sure its formatted to fat32.

1. Download the USB version of any image.

2. Unrar and send the vuplus folder to your USB stick.

3. Turn off the power at the back of the VU+ you'll find the switch near the power cable. Insert your USB stick in the front USB port.

4. Turn back on the power.

5. At the prompt press the power button.

On the front display you'll see reading USB device, this takes a while then you'll see erasing then programming.

It will then tell you to remove USB and reboot. Reboot with the power switch at the back.

Ferret

Are you pressing the power button at the prompt ?

Flashing Your VU+ Duo2 With A USB Stick

Easiest method is by USB make sure its formatted to fat32.

1. Download the USB version of any image.

2. Unrar and send the vuplus folder to your USB stick.

3. Turn off the power at the back of the VU+ you'll find the switch near the power cable. Insert your USB stick in the front USB port.

4. Turn back on the power.

5. At the prompt press the power button.

On the front display you'll see reading USB device, this takes a while then you'll see erasing then programming.

It will then tell you to remove USB and reboot. Reboot with the power switch at the back.

Ferret
Thanks Ferret,
It worked fine putting in the that first image. l am trying a slow format on the usb stick and try again.

Thanks Ferret,
It worked fine putting in the that first image. l am trying a slow format on the usb stick and try again.
I am not getting a prompt. It is not recognizing the usb stick all of a sudden for some reason, it will be something daft. I will persevere.

Download the blackhole image again.

If you stick with the vix image then the CCcam version will be the latest. If your going to use oscam then if wont be the latest as that cam get regular updates.

Download the blackhole image again.

If you stick with the vix image then the CCcam version will be the latest. If your going to use oscam then if wont be the latest as that cam get regular updates.
Thanks Ferret,
I will persevere with the vix image. I would want to use oscam, how would l update it.

I usually install it via telnet with putty but you could try via usb. It may need dependencies though so telnet is the best way.
What is putty? Is this a program l put on my Computer or something l find in the box.

What is putty? Is this a program l put on my Computer or something l find in the box.
OK

Start the attached putty

Under Connection Type select Telnet
Under Host Name enter your boxes IP
Now Click Open
You then get a screen saying VUDuo2 Login
Type root and hit enter

We now have to change the password

Type passwd and hit enter (passwd is correct spelling )
Type a new password hit enter
Retype password and hit enter again

You have to do the above or you wont be able to transfer any files including configs

This is where is gets tricky use DCC or another FTP program to transfer the unrared Oscam IPK version file to the tmp

Start telnet again and paste this command in after youve logged in

opkg update && opkg install -force-overwrite /tmp/*.ipk

Hit enter and it will now install.

Attachments

• putty.rar
    213.4 KB · Views: 1
OK

Start the attached putty

Now Click Open
Type root and hit enter

You have to do the above or you wont be able to transfer any files including configs

This is where is gets tricky use DCC or another FTP program to transfer the unrared Oscam IPK version file to the tmp

Start telnet again and paste this command in after youve logged in

opkg update && opkg install -force-overwrite /tmp/*.ipk

Hit enter and it will now install.
That looks very complicated, l will have to study that a bit closer. I now need to reinstall my config file, l have got the control centre up and running, but it is asking for a name and password! I dont have a password, l assume the name is vuduo2. Tried all sorts, but not bringing up the FTP files. Sorry to be a nuisance on Christmas Eve, if you would prefer to leave this till after Christmas that will be fine. Thanks for your patience and fantastic help.

That looks very complicated, l will have to study that a bit closer. I now need to reinstall my config file, l have got the control centre up and running, but it is asking for a name and password! I dont have a password, l assume the name is vuduo2. Tried all sorts, but not bringing up the FTP files. Sorry to be a nuisance on Christmas Eve, if you would prefer to leave this till after Christmas that will be fine. Thanks for your patience and fantastic help.

You have to give the image a password before it will connect.

Ive explained above you have to do that and the telnet method sounds complicated but its not. As far as changing the password goes

Start the attached putty

Now Click Open
Type root and hit enter

You have to give the image a password before it will connect.

Ive explained above you have to do that and the telnet method sounds complicated but its not. As far as changing the password goes

Start the attached putty

Now Click Open
Type root and hit enter

Thanks for all this Ferret, l will have a go at that when l can get into the box! this latest update seems to have some sort of security, l cant flash the box, and l cant get into the files. I can access if through my browser, but the dream box software on my pc wants a name and password. I am trying to reinstall my lines as config files, but l cant access the box. I was able to using a network searching tool on my pc and that did work fine, but this latest box update has locked me out. In the dream box control centre it shows that l am connected to pc box and router, green line between them, but when l press FTP button it asks for login details for the box which l dont have.

Images have changed

All images except maybe PLi need a password adding before you can access them. DCC asks for a password yes if you follow those instructions and give the image a pass then you have it for when DCC asks.

I dont like it either that the images groups have done this as the number of times ive had to go through this is monotonous.

Back