Help with TM-Twin-OE

lol I aint getting involved with that mate lol

I'm outta here

Involved with what?

I would be very suprised if any manufacturer would admit to owning a download centre website that hosts keys and patches on it.

with that ^^^^^ Ive always been under the impression its TM owned, maybe Im wrong ? I dunno

thats all I want to say on it now tbh

Thanks digidude for the info.

Last edited:
More help please

whilst running the original tm-twin image my internal hdd worked ok,
Now i've got the digitalworldz image loaded and booted, it dosen't reconise the sata drive,
I dont get a HDD option in the menu unless a plug a usb in?

Thanks.

Digidude posted a guide on setting up HDDs for people who may have an issue. I can't seem to find it. Maybe make it a sticky?

I found a pdf guide for problems with the hdd which refers to the wrong path after update, which might be the one you mean,
but when i ran through that guide mine doesn't show the sata hdd, only flash or usb if i plug one in.

its possible that the hdd may need to be 'initialised' before the linux operating system will see it, but, initialising the drive, will also format all information currently on it

if you press menu, system, setup, harddisk then initialise, and it will then format the drive for you, depending on the size of the drive this can take a while, my 500G drive takes around 7-10 mins

it should then be available for you to use

I wondered if it's format issue, but if i boot the te twin in its original image the drive works, then i went back to the update the hard disk option you describe in the menu isn't there until i plug a memory stick in the usb, I tried another drive after removing it's partition with my pc and it was the same. its like the sata does not exist. do you think i should download the digitalworldz image again and re-install?

The tmtwin is not a hybrid box it is a linux box.
The difference is enigma2 or not enigma2 both are linux based.
I used linux commands in the non enigma2 mode to recover my box when I killed the enigma2 side of things.
It's like a dual boot computer running say redhat or ubuntu.

If you put your twin into non enigma2 mode and telnet in you can see for yourself, It also means you can have a play about :)

Enigma2 is not an operating system it is a program/gui.

Last edited:
Yes but both systems are linux

Unless we rename technomate linux to technomate stock, technomate enigma1 and technomate enigma2

Newbies won't stand a chance finding what they want then.

Also we would look more like a shopfront than a help forum.

What EPG works on the TM-Twin for s*y channels. I tried installing the merlin EPG and the box started installing then just kept saying downloading and wouldn't reboot till i restored it. Thanks.

What image are you using?

The latest beta images have fixed the OPenTV epg will pull everything off the satellite stream.

latest beta isn't available to public yet. The XMLTV importer works fine on iQ images selecting both UK sources. For a front end, the built in one is pretty good or you could install CoolTV

EPG wise XMLTV has always worked using rytec, recently opentv has been sorted by some hard working guys (they know who they are) so no real need for merlin epg. A lot of third party plugins dont work correctly unless modified so best to stick with the two mentioned.

Back