Help with TM-Twin-OE

jambowhite

Inactive User
Reaction score
Kirkconnell, Dumfries And Galloway, United Kingdom
I have just received my new TM-Twin-oe a replacement for The TM 800 Can some 1 tell me what is needed for this rec, I used to run my tm800 with the use of Dreambox Control Centre. but have been trying to connect dcc to The TM twin without success.

I,m using the image fro DW Z V1, I think the problem might be to do with the username and password as I have not found a way to change them. am I along the right track or completely lost.

Need a lot of assistance help appreciated

regards

jambo

Hi mate just had a quick look as i'm using the same image. I cannot see an option to change the password from the menu unlike iq images so here is what I do. I use a program called putty it allows you to connect to the box without using a password. In telent type passwd and enter a password of your choosing. There is no password set up so just return past the first option when it askes you to enter current password. Enter a new password and exit and then dcc will allow you to access your box.

yes just set a password and it sould sort it.

Go to DCC and press telnet.

type in passwd

type a password of your choice 5-8 characters

it will ask you to confirm it and then it will save and password is changed then log in using your new password

Regards

Fruitball

I think the preloaded image may have 0000 set as password, you could try that in DCC or use Filezilla or Putty

The default password should be blank as in not set, hence why DCC wont allow you to connect ( not sure why people use DCC though but what ever ) you can use the telnet method to set the password as shown above.

Last edited:
The default password should be blank as in not set, hence why DCC wont allow you to connect ( not sure why people use DCC though but what ever ) you can use the telnet method to set the password as shown above.

Hooray I thought it was just me that didnt like DCC :)

yup far better tools out there than DCC as far as i'm concerned.

Hi, Can you help me with a few things, I’ve just upgraded from a TM 6900 super to a TM-twin from the TM store, when I press UHF, LAN buttons nothing comes up also I updated it with your modified image thinking that would help, it said Updating Finished left it off for a minute and it boots up with the original image? I’m new to Linux so I guess it’s me, any help would be much appreciated. Thanks

when you first turn the power on, repeatedly press the EXIT button on the top of the receiver for about 10 seconds, and it should boot into linux mode, to revert back to the default software, use the OK button instead of exit

Are these boxes being sold in non Linux mode ?

Sent from my iPhone

if when they first turn on (first time for the buying user) they boot into linux, then they have been out of the box and flashed etc prior to the customer receiving it. wether this has happened at the dealers or somewhere else, who knows

but

when new, and turned on for the very first time, the boot into SparX type firmware, which everything works with, but, you cant install all the plugins etc, so to get linux on it, you first need to flash a linux based image onto it, and then 'activate' the linux mode of the receiver

As there is no official technomate linux based image available, only 3rd party images, i suppose this is the only way technomate can legally sell, and support, the receivers

if they actually HAD their own default linux based image, then it would make things a lot easier on both technomate and the end user

so really this room needs Moving to Standard TM Recievers ?

i dont know to be honest m8 lol. its one of a new generation of receivers that are begining to hit the market, which can be either, depending on what the end user chooses, there are already a few different makes of receiver capable of this feature, and im actually waiting for a triple tuner receiver from hungary thats meant to be identical software wise, but should only be 2/3 of the price

as more people get these types of receivers, then there will be 2 different type of thread for each receiver, depending on wether the end user is using the default SparX software, or a 3rd party linux based image

as these types of receiver get used more, then possibly a new room, or section, for 'hybrid' receivers?

I see a 29/3/12 image on there download centre is this not a linux image ?

As there is no official technomate linux based image available, only 3rd party images, i suppose this is the only way technomate can legally sell, and support, the receivers

if they actually HAD their own default linux based image, then it would make things a lot easier on both technomate and the end user

Attachments

• image.JPG
    image.JPG
    82.7 KB · Views: 9
That depends on
1) Thats an official TM download site?
2) Is it TM or IQ image?

I am not sure that is an official TM site as they can have images/patches/softcams on official site.

that is the TM download centre mate run by TM as far as Im aware

also to my knowledge 29/03/12 was a iQ release

Back