Help with setting up IP Config for Camera

Ok mate u are right - I found the DVR in attached devices now after removing ethernet of DVR and reconnecting it. Its showing in the Modem Router as 192.168.1.2 and it says it will expire in 23 Hours 40minutes.

Now I have gone in the LAN SETUP > DHCP Settings and kept the Static IP as static..(See attched Pic)

Now once 23 hours is finished Will it let me access the camera externally without having to do anything else? or change anything? Or am i required to change something now?

Thanks

if thats your routers version of ip reservation it should but i think you need to put the mac addy of dvr in the box (in the pic) so it knows what device to reserve as 192.168.1.4.

presuming thats your routers version of reservation that is, then yes it will keep that router ip and should update fine, the update was never an issue it was the router ip and dvr ip having issues.

sorry ive seen in the pic the mac is there ignore lol. yeah you should be good to go, if that is ip reservation.

Last edited:
ok the last thing im unsure about though is now if the IP ADDRESS of the WAN IP (one im using to view the cameras externally - also the one in whatismyip.com) if this changes how will DynDNS update it if my PC is shut overnight?

or is this done automatically and doesnt involve my PC - (I thought it did require my PC as i installed the DynDNS updater from their website and instalalled it on the PC?)

Please advise

thanks a lot

ok the last thing im unsure about though is now if the IP ADDRESS of the WAN IP (one im using to view the cameras externally - also the one in whatismyip.com) if this changes how will DynDNS update it if my PC is shut overnight?

or is this done automatically and doesnt involve my PC - (I thought it did require my PC as i installed the DynDNS updater from their website and instalalled it on the PC?)

Please advise

thanks a lot

doesnt use your pc mate thats why you put the details in your router ;)

hey

i still have a problem...it worked once i did that yesterday and then i even checked it last night too and it was working when store was shut but when i checked this morning its stopped working again?

whats gone wrong? Is it the fact that the WAN IP has updated itself but the DynDNS has not refreshed it?

When i login to the Dyndns.org website it still shows the same WAN IP which i used the first time to connect and view camera?? :(

not sure what is happening now as its not letting me access it from externally. I have reset the Modem today and in dynDNS.org its given different IP Address which i have put in the application but still no sign of it letting me access it?

What is the problem?

Thanks

did you ever get this sorted? let us know the gory details...

Back