Help! Twin LNB setup

ruddyrum

Inactive User
Reaction score
I currently have my dish pointing a Astra 19.2 and it works brilliantly. In fact it works so well, i decided i want to receive more channels and bought a twin LNB with the hope of then having Astra 19.2 and Hotbird 13

So with the new LNB installed, all channels on Astra 19.2 still work fine, however i cannot receive anything on Hotbird.

In Setup under service searching -> sat config i am using the '2 sats via 22Khz' option (all others do not get a transponder lock when searching) with Astra 19.2 @ 22Khz off (as dish is pointing to that sat) and Hotbird 13.0 @22Khz on.

When i scan the Hotbird transponder automatically, once sync'd & locked, i proceed with the scan. It then just says "scanning...." and nothing hapens. No progress, nothing!!!

on the Astra 19.2 side of things, it instantly finds a transcoder and finds loads of channels.

Also perhaps i should mention that when facing the sat. the right LNB that is fixed, and pointed at the centre of the dish is for astra and the left one hotbird. just slightly left of the left LNB is due south. Edit: if that makes no sense, to try and explain i added a pic - http://img398.imageshack.us/my.php?image=compasssetupuk3.jpg

Can anyone perhaps suggest what i am doing wrong, or what i should be doing right?

Thanks!

Last edited:
ideally you want the dish to point at hotbird with the astra lnb as the offset one as hotbird is a bit weaker than astra, you can get a special LNB called a monoblock LNB that will pick up both at once. using 2 seperate LNBs you also need a 'diseqc switch' to select between the 2 different satellites.

if you stand behind the dish, and you are set alaigned to astra then the hotbird LNB needs to be on the left and a bit lower than the fixed center LNB

this is how i got mine setup , ignore the 28.2 that was for when i use to have sky , but have since cancelled and since moving taken the lnb off , so now the dish is just picking up the 19.2e and 13e birds connected to a diseqc switch into the back of my tm1500 techno

just noticed this is in the dremabox section , but i think the principle should be roughly the same

you can get a special LNB called a monoblock LNB that will pick up both at once

Sorry, i should have mentioned that i am using an Inverto Monoblock. So how can I go about picking up both at once?? is there some sort of setting that on the dreambox?

if you stand behind the dish, and you are set alaigned to astra then the hotbird LNB needs to be on the left and a bit lower than the fixed center LNB
Perhaps that is what is wrong. standing behind the dish, it is on the right. However i thought that 13 degrees east of south would make it the lnb closest to the south !

Also is the Sat Config setting correct at the 22Khz, or does it need to be diseqc a/b?

Last edited:
Further assistance required!!

Ok, so i have just swapped the LNB round, so the one receiving hotbird is on the left.

Have now managed to get a lock and sync on both satellites, and am scanning for channels. i had to change the sat config to tone burst though... god knows what that is!!! Anyways... fingers crossed!

Edit/Update: Glad to say its all working now :banana: I can receive most of the channels!!

Last edited:
Back