Freesat VU+ LNB Setup

Thanks for the picture. This explains why you are getting some issues. Hopefully once you get teh correct LNB, issues will be resolved.

Can you answer the rest of the questions about the receivers. Please draw a picture to explain the layout of cabling etc. I can only see two wires connected to the LNB.

Maybe take clear pictures of the back of receivers. People get mixed up with tuner ports, cards and total tuners.

I am trying to help.

Unicable LNBs are not designed for movable dishes. In my opinion, please do not use Unicable LNBs on a motorised dish.

Note for advanced users:
There methods of making them work. Just like using splitters on universal LNBs or connecting multiple receivers with powerpass splitters to one motorised dish. In any case, a unicable LNB with universal ports would be better.

Thanks for the picture. This explains why you are getting some issues. Hopefully once you get teh correct LNB, issues will be resolved.

Can you answer the rest of the questions about the receivers. Please draw a picture to explain the layout of cabling etc. I can only see two wires connected to the LNB.

Maybe take clear pictures of the back of receivers. People get mixed up with tuner ports, cards and total tuners.

I am trying to help.
Hi Abu,.
It is not easy for me to get to the back of the recievers, if l managed to get a photograph it might be a bit dark with a great jumble of wires, I will try if that is what you want, but basically the uv box has two tuners but l am only using one at the moment tuner a, my other box is a spiderbox. Those are connected into a single feed from the lnb via a satellite splitter. The new freesat box l tried to put into a three way splitter, but decided to run another cable to one if the lnb ports. It is as simple as that

Attachments

• 16292315440352726008291016017982.jpg
    16292315440352726008291016017982.jpg
    4.2 MB · Views: 7
OK.

1. Are those all the receivers next to each other or do you have other receivers in another room?

2. The Vu tuner card in port A. Do both ports on the card say "LNB in"?

Hi Abu,
Yes that is all the recievers, yes it is sat in on the spider box which is on the top. The bottom one is the vu box and those ports are tuner A and tuner B, l am only using tuner A

Hi Abu,
Yes that is all the recievers, yes it is sat in on the spider box which is on the top. The bottom one is the vu box and those ports are tuner A and tuner B, l am only using tuner A

Please answer the question I am asking about the tuner ports. It is a yes or no answer. This will avoid errors/confusion.

Do both ports on the tuner card on the Vu Duo2 say "LNB in"?

Please answer the question I am asking about the tuner ports. It is a yes or no answer. This will avoid errors/confusion.

Do both ports on the tuner card on the Vu Duo2 say "LNB in"?
Sorry, yes they both say lnb in.

Unicable LNBs are not designed for movable dishes. In my opinion, please do not use Unicable LNBs on a motorised dish.

Note for advanced users:
There methods of making them work. Just like using splitters on universal LNBs or connecting multiple receivers with powerpass splitters to one motorised dish. In any case, a unicable LNB with universal ports would be better.
did not see anything about this being a movable dish

If you can obtain a refund for your Freesat box, please do so. Unless it has Iplayer etc. The advice I will give will result in it not being used. You will still receive the Freesat services on the Vu Duo 2 once correctly setup.

3. What is the Spiderbox doing that the Vu Duo2 cannot?

4. Will you be changing LNB yourself or getting it done by someone else?

5. Your picture of LNB shows two wires. Does the second wire come to these receivers?

Hi Abu,
The second cable is going to the freesat box. I understand now what you are saying about the vu box and now why l was unable to get the freesat channels on this box, the freesat box is also still missing some channels! The spider box is a sentimental backup. As you have probably gathered l make a lot of mistakes and sometimes things go wrong, so if my vu box is out of action, the old spider in my backup. I will be challenging the lnb my self, l have ordered a new two way Universal lnb.

As you are changing the LNB yourself, please ensure you label the wires. One option is to label one wire as "motor wire" and the other wire as "bypass wire". It will make life easier later.

You can't do anything correct/permanent until LNB comes. When is the LNB due to be delivered? If it is going to be a few days, you can bodge your way around and get any important channels. If you want to do that, please respond back with a list of channels you want.

I suggest you use the downtime to learn how to take screenshots as I will want to see what you have done and you can take screenshots to show what you want . Please use a different thread for it if you need to. You can take a screenshot by pasting this in your web browser on a PC. Change the IP address to match your receiver's IP address. In this example, the receiver's IP address is 192.168.0.5

Code:
You don't have permission to view the code content. Log in or register now.

Once the picture is shown on the screen on PC, right click, save as, choose location, give it a useful/meaningful name.

As you are changing the LNB yourself, please ensure you label the wires. One option is to label one wire as "motor wire" and the other wire as "bypass wire". It will make life easier later.

You can't do anything correct/permanent until LNB comes. When is the LNB due to be delivered? If it is going to be a few days, you can bodge your way around and get any important channels. If you want to do that, please respond back with a list of channels you want.

I suggest you use the downtime to learn how to take screenshots as I will want to see what you have done and you can take screenshots to show what you want . Please use a different thread for it if you need to. You can take a screenshot by pasting this in your web browser on a PC. Change the IP address to match your receiver's IP address. In this example, the receiver's IP address is 192.168.0.5

Code:
You don't have permission to view the code content. Log in or register now.

Once the picture is shown on the screen on PC, right click, save as, choose location, give it a useful/meaningful name.
Hi Abu,
Some confusion here. The two wires l have going to the lnb are from two different recievers. No motor wire going to the lnb the motor drive comes from the vu and the spider box via the

Hi Abu,
Some confusion here. The two wires l have going to the lnb are from two different recievers. No motor wire going to the lnb the motor drive comes from the vu and the spider box via the splitter. Which goes to the motor, and from the motor to the lnb. The other cable in the lnb is directly from the freesat box.

Can we transfer this to a different thread, as l think l am upsetting some people, l dont know how to do this, so if you can l would be grateful.

Hi Abu,
Some confusion here. The two wires l have going to the lnb are from two different recievers. No motor wire going to the lnb the motor drive comes from the vu and the spider box via the

My understanding is that you have two wires from your "TV location" going to the "dish location".

One wire from TV location goes to the motor. (There is another wire from motor to LNB. Not interested in this at moment.)
One wire from TV location goes direct to LNB.

Is the above correct. Yes/No answer first.

If not, draw a picture to explain.

My understanding is that you have two wires from your "TV location" going to the "dish location".

One wire from TV location goes to the motor. (There is another wire from motor to LNB. Not interested in this at moment.)
One wire from TV location goes direct to LNB.

Is the above correct. Yes/No answer first.

If not, draw a picture to explain.
Hi Abu,.
Here is a sketch

Attachments

• 16292408368121346138218527540387.jpg
    16292408368121346138218527540387.jpg
    989.6 KB · Views: 14
Hi Abu,.
Here is a sketch
Sorry Abu,
I now understand what you are saying, the motor wire you refer to is from the motor, ( the spider box and vu box), this is the drive. the other coming directly from the freesat box.

Back