Freesat VU+ LNB Setup

Perfect. I understand correctly. Please write small labels and attach near the F-plug connectors as pictured.

After you get LNB, I will be referring to those two wires as "Motor wire" and "bypass wire". If you have better names, please suggest them, but they must be clear in order to prevent confusion. And we need to know which wire is which. It is easier to label them. If you don't want to do this, please say so.

When is LNB arriving? There is nothing to do until it is changed.

Attachments

• Paul mark.jpg
    Paul mark.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 13
Perfect. I understand correctly. Please write small labels and attach near the F-plug connectors as pictured.

After you get LNB, I will be referring to those two wires as "Motor wire" and "bypass wire". If you have better names, please suggest them, but they must be clear in order to prevent confusion. And we need to know which wire is which. It is easier to label them. If you don't want to do this, please say so.

When is LNB arriving? There is nothing to do until it is changed.
It is a three day delivery. I have been thinking about the cables, and if l am doing away with the freesat box, that is if l can get freesat on my vu box, then l could do away with the freesat cable. And maybe use a single lnb, which l already have.

If you want to get a working setup before the new LNB arrives:-

Put away the spider box and Freesat box
Label the wires as above. If you don't do this, I cant help any further. Use my names please.
Put away the the splitter and small cables.
Do not remove any of the long cables. I want you to get the best setup.

Replace Quattro LNB with single universal LNB
Connect "motor wire" to top socket of Tuner card.
Connect "bypass wire" to bottom socket of tuner card. (Yes I know nothing on other end now. Saves you from moving cables at back of box again when the other LNB arrives)

Configure Tuner A as simple, positioner,
Configure Tuner B as Disabled/Nothing connected.

Please confirm when done.

Hi Abu,
That LNB isn't working, l think it might have been damaged at some point. I am going on holiday on Friday for two weeks so if it is ok with you l will pick this up again when l get back. Thanks for your help it is very much appreciated. See you in a fortnight.

There is nothing to draw Abu, it is just a single LNB. I have a feeling it failed in the past and l didn't bin it. It is just not working. I have put the other one on again for now till the new ones come. I have ordered a single and a double, but l will not be able to do anything now till l get back. If you are wondering l connected it to the motor cable and left the other taped to the lnb arm. Motor cable to vu Duo box tuner A. It showed no signal, did another blind scan and showed no signal.

Ok, it is most likely faulty. BTW, I presume you did not have the splitter when you were testing, this is why I asked for the diagram. No bother now.

Once we get the other LNB, the physical setup we should end up having is as attached in this picture. Can you please take a good quality picture of LNB before you fit it.

Enjoy your break.

Attachments

• twin tuner motor and 2nd cable - paulmark.jpg
    twin tuner motor and 2nd cable - paulmark.jpg
    49.8 KB · Views: 9
Make sure the f-connector on the cable taped to the Lnb arm is waterproofed while your away.
Yes that goes without saying, l even cleaned the contacts of lnb but no go.

Ok, it is most likely faulty. BTW, I presume you did not have the splitter when you were testing, this is why I asked for the diagram. No bother now.

Once we get the other LNB, the physical setup we should end up having is as attached in this picture. Can you please take a good quality picture of LNB before you fit it.

Enjoy your break.
Will do Abu, Thanks again. I will try to a pick what l have ordered.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210818-213415_eBay.jpg
    Screenshot_20210818-213415_eBay.jpg
    332.6 KB · Views: 6
Hi Abu,
Hers is a photo of what l have ordered
And yes looking at your sketch the none motor wire goes to tuner b. I originally used tuner b for recording purposes, as l have installed a 1 tb hard drive in the box. But found l didn't really need it , ok you can you can record and watch another channel, but you need to stay on the same satellite, so l couldn't see the point in the end, l like to scan the skies and not that bothered about recording stuff in the end. For us all it is about seeing what is out their, well that is what l think anyway for what that is worth.

Back