Help setting up 600pvr please

Jooooles

DW Regular +
Reaction score
OK finally getting started so a little help would be great guys.

I have a linux 600pvr new in the box just phoned the seller to see if it already had an image on and he said no I have to load it my self he gave me details of another site and said I need the loader and new UR image for what I want.

Yeh right that easy ?

So I have a fixed normal sky mini dish for now just to get me started Ive read theres a cluster of 5 Satellites in that 28E position.

Astra 2A, 2B, 2C, 2D at 28.2E operated by SES-AStra

Eurobird 1 at 28.5E operated by Eutelsat

OK I have downloaded the new TM loader and the new TM600 UR 14/10/09 flash and the pdf instructions

So Before I start ????

SHOULD I USE THE UR FILE I SEE THERES OTHER OPTIONS ?

IS IT AS EASY AS LOADING THE IMAGE AND PLUGGING IT IN ?

WHAT SHOULD I EXPECT TO SEE ONCE THE IMAGE IS LOADED
AND I PLUG THE BOX INTO THE TV DO I NEED TO SCAN ETC ?

thanks for any help peoples Im dying to get this up and running ?

:Cheers:

you dont need to use the loader, there is a faster way. connect ethernet, press and hold power button on front and turn power on, after 30 seconds youll see numbers in the front display, enter these into a web browser as 192.168.1.XX and select the option to update, browse to your .img file and let it do its thing, takes a couple of mins

go through the wizard, you need no diseqc setup, then choose the satellite astra 2 @ 28.2E, save and flollow the instructions untill it asks you the type of scan you want to do, press exit 4 times

press the blue button twice, highlight download settings, then you want fixed dish, astra 2, and press ok to install

let it do its thing, and thats the channels sorted

Cant find a spare ethernet cable the house is all over the place looks like I will have to wait till tomorrow fcuk nowt worse when you want to do something.

@ Digi M8 I Finally got a ethernet cable in the post so Ive just connected the box to my router and held down the standbye button on the front then turned it on at the back the box flashes a couple of times then I get FAIL then SET

I dont have a desktop attached to my router I only have a wireless lappy set up could this be the problem.

??????

Don't think holding down power button will work on shipped image, as afaik Mini-web is part of the UR image and they are'nt shippied with that :proud:

the miniweb will work with the shipped image, but for updating only ;)

is it a straight cable you got m8, and not a crossover one?

is your routers IP address starting with 192.168.1.xx

Ive just used ping.com and Its saying my IP is 92.??8.??9.194

Also not sure what you mean about cross over wire I have one Ether cable running from my modem into port 1 on my router then a Ether cable running out of port 2 into my TMBox the router is set up like that because I used to have a Ether cable running from port one into a desktop which ive binned now.

When I set up the router I did have to set it up running through a desktop with the blue and grey cables though if I remember correctly ?

plug the TM in and start it up as normal, press the LAN button, and you should then see the receivers IP at the top, and your external IP at the bottom

does this happen

Hold on ive just plugged it in and its started the set up wizard looks like there is a image installed on it after all (HUH He said there wasnt I will follow your earlier instructions go through the set up and see whats on) the shop emailed me and said I would have to load one my self.

yes m8, itll come with a standard FTA image, no access to any cams or 'other' stuff, but you can ftp an image to a tmp folder and manual install via the remote

Ok in the set up wizard I cant find Astra 28 E

Theres only the option for Astra 19.2E

whats up here then ????

keep looking it's there, near the bottom of the list if i remember.
or just make your own list and pick the satellites you need from satellites.xml generator then ftp the "satellites.xml" into > /var/etc/ , that might be something to do when you get used to the box though...

Right the reason I could not see it is because its headed Eurobird/astra2A/2B/2 then you cant see the rest.

Anyway I dumped the ethernet option used the TMloader instructions and yee ha took 2 seconds

I now see UR UNDERGROUND RESISTANCE TEAM LOGO all sorted cheers chaps will take is 2 mins next time

Now I need to spend a couple of hours moving round this box see what I can learn

No more questions for now but thanks alot I will do some reading first so I dont look like a divvy

PS if your new to this box use the loader if you have probs with the ethernet

cheers digi sometimes you got a fcuk up a bit to learn huh Ive had enough for tonight so will spend a couple hours tomorrow cheers for all the help man :mad:)

you dont need to use the loader, there is a faster way. connect ethernet, press and hold power button on front and turn power on, after 30 seconds youll see numbers in the front display, enter these into a web browser as 192.168.1.XX and select the option to update, browse to your .img file and let it do its thing, takes a couple of mins

go through the wizard, you need no diseqc setup, then choose the satellite astra 2 @ 28.2E, save and flollow the instructions untill it asks you the type of scan you want to do, press exit 4 times

press the blue button twice, highlight download settings, then you want fixed dish, astra 2, and press ok to install

let it do its thing, and thats the channels sorted
hi there i am new on tm600 i tried to follow instruction to put image file, i am used miniweb but the reicever still flashing not stoping can help me please? i don't know how can reboot manualy.

Back