HELP preloader 0.29

this is easier mate put it in a folder and put that folder into your apps folder on your sd and install it through hbc.
i cant remember for sure but i think you need to rename installer.elf to boot.elf

tried it and got this message

you cant mate its to do with the model number on your wii some can install some cant but the ones that cant should be able to install it to ios that why i cant work out the problem ill have a look around and see if i can find out why but tbh mate theres no point of installing it to ios, my understanding is that the boot2 section is the 1st thing on your wii to boot so you can get to it in some/most cases if you have a brick and re install a nand dump you have done previous to get back up and running but again my understanding with ios if you have a brick you cant boot bootmii as the wii dont get that far if you get my point. any idea you can remember what the error was exactly like i said i cant make it from the pic, cheers.

ive just had another look at the pic and its saying you have no vulnerable ios to install to if you want to install it to ios you im certain it can be sorted by basically downgrading the ios's but you may need to reinstall some stuff afterwards but until you run into another prob that needs the fix i wouldnt bother or just start your softmod again only install the whole softmii package (thats what i use ver 2.1.1)

Last edited:
this is error message m8

this installer can not continue!

there is no known vulnerable ios installed on this wii.

please note that we will not use a fakesigned ios due to secuity
reasons.

look for an updated version at:

http://bootmii.org

if this is the latest version well suck it

version 0.2 is the latest mate before that screen did it give a list
hbc
bootmii
dvdx

and it should of said in that list what can be installed usually hbc & dvdx show as ok and can be installed but bootmii will say no if it cant be installed to boot2 did you notice anything like that mate its the 1st menu it should show.

from bootmii site

Why does the installer say "no vulnerable IOS found, can not install"?

The HackMii installer is the only program that can automatically make non-trivial system modifications on all Wiis. It has several different code paths (aka exploits) that it uses to do this; on any given Wii, the Installer will scan your system to find the most appropriate one to use (generally, the most stable or least invasive one).

If you have recently installed an official update, this may mean that all of our existing exploits have been patched; in this case, please wait patiently for us to update the installer.

In most cases, however, this means you have installed some sort of "mod pack" which leaves your system in a damaged state that interferes with our system scan. In particular, "cIOSCORP" is known to be problematic because some idiot decided it would be smart to take some old version of IOS, change the version number, and overwrite all other IOSes. Most other "packs" are less destructive, but we do not have time to test them all.

can you list what you have installed so far mate from hbc on, but like i said if you cant install to boot2 it isnt really worth the hasle imo

Last edited:
this is what i did plus installed something call ciosrev13binstaller to stop 002 error on some disks, and usb loader stuff

DELETE EVERYTHING ON YOUR SD CARD
ONLY THE FILES IN THIS PACKGAGE SHOULD BE ON THE SD CARD!!!

A WIFI CONNECTION IS NEEDED FOR THIS

Go to Data Management then choose Channels followed by SD

Choose "Yes" to load boot.dol

LoadMii will then load.

Press "A" on the WiiMote.

Go down to DowngraderIOS35.dol and run it by pressing "A" on the WiiMote.

Choose downgrade IOS35 and then let it do its buisness, then choose exit dontinstall the patchmii or dvdx

You'll be back in LoadMii now.

Go down and run Wad Manager 1.4 by pressing "A" on WiiMote.

Just select normal settings (don't change IOS)

Install wad it shows without changing it

Exit Wad Manager 1.4 by pressing "HOME"

You'll be back in LoadMii.

Run Wad Manager again, when it asked what IOS to use Select IOS35

Now Install the CIOSv7.wad.

Press "Home" to exit.

Run Wad Manager again, when it asked what IOS to use Select IOS249.

Install IOS36.wad BUL3g.wad & HBC.wad

Exit Wad Manager 1.4 by pressing "HOME"

Now restart Wii by holding the power button on the wii (pressing the home button does not seem to work)

Homebrew channel should now be installed

Launch Homebrew Channel again and Run CIOSCORP and it shoudl automaticly start installing

This Again May take a while so i sped it up in the video

When it is finished press any button to reboot your wii

Your system Menu should be now Soft Modded =]

You now can play backup games just like the real games from the game channel.

Last edited:
did you do the cioscorp bit mate because that was gonna be my next sugestion did you check the bootmii menu also mate for the yes & no's if you missed it m8 its post 30

version 0.2 is the latest mate before that screen did it give a list
hbc
bootmii
dvdx

and it should of said in that list what can be installed usually hbc & dvdx show as ok and can be installed but bootmii will say no if it cant be installed to boot2 did you notice anything like that mate its the 1st menu it should show.

didn't see these at all when i tried to install it m8 just got a warning message and press 1 to move on then i get the error message, did i download the correct file

can you attach the file here for me please.

thats the one you need mate when you boot it should give you a whats what before you get the chance to install anything, tbh i havent used that softmod your doing but it looks similar to softmii so im not sure what the prob is if you have run cioscorp allready.

just found this log on route of sd card if it helps

HackMii v0.2 installer starting up
PVR = 00087103
90 titles are installed
Found IOS 0: revision: 0x0*
Found IOS 250: revision: 0xffff*
Found IOS 249: revision: 0xd*
Found IOS 61: revision: 0x131a.
Found IOS 55: revision: 0x1219*
Found IOS 53: revision: 0x1011*
Found IOS 16: revision: 0x200.
Found IOS 60: revision: 0x181e*
Found IOS 38: revision: 0xe19*
Found IOS 254: revision: 0x3.
Found IOS 51: revision: 0x1300.
Found IOS 10: revision: 0x300.
Found IOS 50: revision: 0x1400.
Found IOS 36: revision: 0x412*
Found IOS 28: revision: 0x508*
Found IOS 22: revision: 0x7*
Found IOS 14: revision: 0x7*
Found IOS 37: revision: 0x816*
Found IOS 34: revision: 0x40f*
Found IOS 35: revision: 0x410*
Found IOS 33: revision: 0x410*
Found IOS 31: revision: 0x410*
Found IOS 30: revision: 0x410*
Found IOS 20: revision: 0x7*
Found IOS 17: revision: 0x7*
Found IOS 21: revision: 0x7*
Found IOS 13: revision: 0x7*
Found IOS 12: revision: 0x7*
Found IOS 11: revision: 0x7*
Found IOS 15: revision: 0x7*
Found IOS 2: revision: 0x1a2.
Found IOS 9: revision: 0x7*
Found IOS 4: revision: 0xff00.
This installer can NOT continue!

There is no known vulnerable IOS installed on this Wii.
Please note that we will not use a fakesigned IOS due to security reasons.

Look for an updated version at:
http://bootmii.org

If this is already the latest version... well, suck it.

it looks like you need to wait for a new version mate i cant see anything wrong with what you have done, you could try re using CIOSCORP Installer. then try again mate you may need to reinstall ciosrev13binstaller afterwards im not sure.

ok m8 i will wait for new version thanks again for all you help

Back