HELP preloader 0.29

Napster

Global Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Im trying to install preloader 0.29 i get to the part where is says turn wii off if you dont want to go ahead with install, and that it cant go any further nothing for me to click.

am i going wrong somewhere or do i need something else installed first, wii is 4.0e firmware modded with bannerbomb and running gx loader, everything runs sweet but need something for backup :)

or is there something else i can use?

did you try installing bootmii to boot 2 mate? when you get as far as you you can in preloader mate i think you press 1 you may have to wait a few secs before you can press it

did you try installing bootmii to boot 2 mate? when you get as far as you you can in preloader mate i think you press 1 you may have to wait a few secs before you can press it

i waited ages well over a min m8, do i have to install ios60patched first, as im sure i read that someware think it was wiihacks. not tried bootmii to boot 2 dont have that file as yet.

i waited ages well over a min m8, do i have to install ios60patched first, as im sure i read that someware think it was wiihacks. not tried bootmii to boot 2 dont have that file as yet.

when your ready for bootmii look for hackmii installer that will do a full will back up if you cant install it to boot2 theres not much point of installing it, did you use waninkoko's udater to get to 4.0e because you should of installed it then theres 3 files needed for the updater if i remember right.

edit: saying that you should have no probs trying the patched ios 60 becuase it should be installed allready.

but i would advise to get bootmii installed and a nand dump done asap.

just checked preloader dont patch ios60. ios 60 is so you can run unofficial titles from sd

Last edited:
installed that many things i forget what i have put on

just found this,

I tried installing preloader 0.29 on system menu 4.0u, but it just hangs at the warning screen. --Piratesmack 22:37, 3 April 2009 (UTC)

You need to press A, 2, and then 1 in sequence on the warning screen. At least, that's what I was told. --Bdr9 23:00, 3 April 2009 (UTC)

You only need to Press 1. Djdynamite123 15:27, 9th April 2009 (UTC)

ahh right you may have to install some more files then ive never done it that way but some people have i think theres some ios files need to be installed after updating through ninty or have you allready installed them?

do you remember doing this mate, this is the ios 60 you was talking about.

Run the IOS60 updater
say NO to install IOS61
say YES to install IOS60
say YES to patch IOS60
say NO to install the shop channel

do you remember doing this mate, this is the ios 60 you was talking about.

Run the IOS60 updater
say NO to install IOS61
say YES to install IOS60
say YES to patch IOS60
say NO to install the shop channel

no m8 didnt do anything like that

nice one mate, you need to boot the wii with the sd card in and when you get to the bootmii screen (should show after 2secs or so) if i remember right you goto the 4th icon and then theres a option there for backing up nand to sd card. if bootmii dosent show mate you will need to use a different bootmii.ini.

nice one mate, you need to boot the wii with the sd card in and when you get to the bootmii screen (should show after 2secs or so) if i remember right you goto the 4th icon and then theres a option there for backing up nand to sd card. if bootmii dosent show mate you will need to use a different bootmii.ini.

hi not got bootmii installed do you have the wad for it m8

this is easier mate put it in a folder and put that folder into your apps folder on your sd and install it through hbc.
i cant remember for sure but i think you need to rename installer.elf to boot.elf

this is easier mate put it in a folder and put that folder into your apps folder on your sd and install it through hbc.
i cant remember for sure but i think you need to rename installer.elf to boot.elf

will give it a try see how i get on

so what does preloader do then is there a tut or something i can read about it

preloader blocks system updates, makes it so you can use saves you made before softmod and other things i dont know of any tut as such but to get to preloader hold reset when booting the wii mate ill try finding a post which explains the options.

Edit: there you go mate Link

Last edited by a moderator:
Back