help please

og1

Inactive User
Reaction score
i have a dreambox 800 pvr hd clone

i have flashed the box and then done a software update then the box crashed i can't get back into it any help would be great
thanks

You can't do an online update using a clone unless you have patched drivers. GJstroom's images allow for this.

Are you sure you can't get into stop mode again?

Turn it off then turn it back on again holding the power button on the front. Should show you an IP address (stop mode) as stated by Abu. Type that ip into your web browser and you can re flash a new image from there.

i have a dreambox 800 pvr hd clone

i have flashed the box and then done a software update then the box crashed i can't get back into it any help would be great
thanks

I have had the same problem.No ip address showing after doing the same updating box via software update.it has updated bootloader or messed with it.The only thing you can do is flash the box using null modem cable and dreamup patched.

Last edited:
I have had the same problem.No ip address showing after doing the same updating box via software update.it has updated bootloader or messed with it.The only thing you can do is flash the box using null modem cable and dreamup patched.
You can also flash these with a mini usb and "sunray flash up". There's a tiny button on the back that gets it ready to flash I think.
Edit : that is only on some if these boxes but if it has the mini USB port it's possible . :)

I have tried the turn on off no good it just says dream box I have a null cable and a rs cable it just won't do anything I tried dream up and about 4 others any help would be good as this is driving me nuts
Thanks

I have tried the turn on off no good it just says dream box I have a null cable and a rs cable it just won't do anything I tried dream up and about 4 others any help would be good as this is driving me nuts
Thanks
with box off make sure it has a connection to net via Ethernet .make sure you have installed on your computer the com drivers VCP driver for Dreamup 1-3-3-9 for Dreambox 800se - Downloads - DigitalWorldz - Satellite, Cable, Console Forums or and the bridge drivers for rs cable...make sure you are using only dreamup PATCHED DreamUP_patched_by_forhike_and_natas.rar download - 2shared dreamup patch open and select com port,then ensure network is ticked,then turn on box and wait,when box is on.. the ip address in dreamup will be wrong but as you dont know IP yet you do a fake flash..ie use the ip settings that dreamup give and flash a bootloader or something as nothing will happen as the box is not networked yet..... after the fake flash and it just hangs close dreamup...then reopen dreamup and in the network drop down another ip address should be there YOUR BOX select it and turn off and back on your box and when ready to flash ie it says box is in http mode..flash correct bootloader then the image and then bootloader again all one after the other...close dreamup patched .reboot

Last edited by a moderator:
You can also flash these with a mini usb and "sunray flash up". There's a tiny button on the back that gets it ready to flash I think.
Edit : that is only on some if these boxes but if it has the mini USB port it's possible . :)

not dm800hd

Thanks will try that tomorrow when I get home on nights will let you know how I get on
Thanks for the help

I have done all you said but when open dream up I have to change pc ip then when I press connect it says connection prepared now switch on dreambox but flash is not enabled any idea
Thanks

I have done all you said but when open dream up I have to change pc ip then when I press connect it says connection prepared now switch on dreambox but flash is not enabled any idea
Thanks

you do not change pc ip address you change to one in the drop down menu and all others should match after changing automatically after you select correct ip for box from drop down.,you do not alter anything except from drop down on second start after dummy flash.

Last edited:
you do not change pc ip address you change to one in the drop down menu and all others should match after changing automatically after you select correct ip for box from drop down.,you do not alter anything except from drop down on second start after dummy flash.

Hello back again I have done this and still the same I have waited 25 minutes and nothing just sits there ???

Yes comport set ip is there tick in network null cable in either net rs cableu in and nothing? ???

Yes comport set ip is there tick in network null cable in either net rs cableu in and nothing? ???

Its the network.something is not right.are you getting ip address of box in dreamup patched.if you are getting ip address of box try typing it into browser and see what happens when box is in HTTP MODE.

what have you done for you to get to the point of "it just sits there".Lets check everything.

Last edited:
I have connected null cable to router rs cable to laptop using dream up patch v2009
Also cp 210x vc then start dream up put comport in put tick in net work ip is there press connect turn on dreabox
And it just sits thefe ???

tuyrn the power off to your box @ the back hold the power button @ the fromt all time dont let go turn the power back on while holding the power button on fron of box it willl give you your box ip the last digit so your box ip will be 192,168.1.....and what ever the number on front of the box is showing.

at a guesse its gonna end in 1 3 5 or 6 try random last didgit

Last edited:
tuyrn the power off to your box @ the back hold the power button @ the fromt all time dont let go turn the power back on while holding the power button on fron of box it willl give you your box ip the last digit so your box ip will be 192,168.1.....and what ever the number on front of the box is showing.

at a guesse its gonna end in 1 3 5 or 6 try random last didgit

When you turn box on it says dream multi media and stays that way be for it crashed I could do that but now it won't do anything

Back