help please

I have connected null cable to router rs cable to laptop using dream up patch v2009
Also cp 210x vc then start dream up put comport in put tick in net work ip is there press connect turn on dreabox
And it just sits thefe ???

It will just sit there as you have no communication connection to box Are you using DreamUP patched by forhike and natas.???as i posted as this is the only dreamup that will work...

RS232 Serial Null Modem Cable goes from computer to box, Ethernet cable from router to box.Do you have a serial port on your computer?are you using RS232 Serial Null Modem Cable serial to serial or are you using RS232 Serial Null Modem Cable with usb bridge to connect to computer?

Last edited:
It will just sit there as you have no communication connection to box Are you using DreamUP patched by forhike and natas.???as i posted as this is the only dreamup that will work...

RS232 Serial Null Modem Cable goes from computer to box, Ethernet cable from router to box.Do you have a serial port on your computer?are you using RS232 Serial Null Modem Cable serial to serial or are you using RS232al Null Modem Cable with usb bridge to connect to computer?

Yes dreamup patched I bought a null modem cable from maplin I plug that into router and then into box ethernet socket I put the rs232 cable from laptop usb port to rs socket on the box
Thanks for your time

Yes dreamup patched I bought a null modem cable from maplin I plug that into router and then into box ethernet socket I put the rs232 cable from laptop usb port to rs socket on the box
Thanks for your time

I do not get your null modem from router to box???

do you have this from box to usb laptop?
USB to RS232 Serial Null Modem Cable COM DB 9 Pin Lead | eBay

and this a network Ethernet cable from router to box?
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/RJ45-Cat5...t=LH_DefaultDomain_3&var=&hash=item231b4ba37c
Links for demo only for you to see the types of cables.

Last edited:
I think you are getting mixed up,
You need an rs323 to USB cable and a null modem cable,them two connect together and go from laptop to box

I think you are getting mixed up,
You need an rs323 to USB cable and a null modem cable,them two connect together and go from laptop to box

yep.I had the same problems if you remember yonks ago when i had my dm800,I got the null modem cable from ebay then i had to go to maplin and get the usb to serial adapter as i have no serial port on computer.you have a disc with drivers for the serial adapter.i had lan cable from router to box(Ethernet)and the cable set up from box to computer.it took a day to work it all out and found i needed to use different ports on my computer as front usb would not do it only back.
but i was flashing then like a good un.BUT I had to have box connected to net via a Ethernet cable for me to be able to flash as well as cable set up using dreamup patched.It was the only way i could get it to flash

Last edited:
I have tried 3 laptops and a desktop computer and now it's sending me round the bend lol

I have tried 3 laptops and a desktop computer and now it's sending me round the bend lol

Did any of them recognise the usb cable?

You may need to install drivers

right then it is all to do with a network connection.is dreamup seeing your box?are you able to see a different ip address from dropdown?in dreamup
after a dummy flash.this was how i got my boxes ip and could flash.i set the box up as it should be but in dreamup i could not see my ip address so i did a normal flash even though box was not networked and closed dreamup then opened it straight away and in drop down was box ip.changed ip to box turned box on and off and was able to flash.

Yes I can see ip in drop down and tick in network and what comport iam in but the flash button is still grey ???

I put drivers in for rs cable if I use dcc programme it will not connect to dreabox and if I use flash wizard it says it is a 720 ???

I put drivers in for rs cable if I use dcc programme it will not connect to dreabox and if I use flash wizard it says it is a 720 ???

without a doubt its a communication problem box to computer,your comp is not communicating with your box.
this is what i went through if its any help
https://www.digitalworldz.co.uk/index.php?threads/305679/

plus

you must have lan cable from router to dreambox and usb serial from laptop to dreambox
according to the manual at DMM you can flash the DM500-800HD without connecting the LAN (ethernet) and just using the USB , but THIS DOES NOT WORK - flashing fails every time. SO you HAVE to connect both LAN and USB between PC and dreambox and follow the instructions exactly.

1. switch the box off.
2. Plugin LAN cable AND USB connect to PC.
3. Start dreamup on PC.
4. Tick the 'use network' box in dreamup
5. Set your PC ip address in top left (where it says "local IP(PC)")
6. Set an IP for your dreambox in "Remote IP(box)".
7. Select the COM port which is your newly installed UART bridge COM port (I guess it will be COM15.
8. Click "Connect"
9. It should tell you to switch the DM500-800HD on.
10. Switch on the DM500-800HD and it should download the "flash loader"
11. When it finishes, click on "Flash", select the image you want to download.
12. It should now download the image to the dreambox and start flashing it. Wait for it to finish. Do not switch the dreambox off while it is doing it. It takes a couple of minutes.
13. Switch the box off and then on. It should now boot the new image.

Dont worry mate we will get there in the end.People on here know more about DMM than steven hawkins knows about science ,maybe not me but there are plenty others it will be cracked soon just keep at it as it will be something stupidly simple i bet.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes I have done all that and still the flash button stays gray I have tested the rs cable on a friens box and I ca connect with it just not mine before I done the software update it was fine I could flash through the web I could connect with Leeds I could get ip address by holding button on front of box but now when I turn it on it will just say dream multimedia and do nothing ????
Thanks for the help guys

Yes I have done all that and still the flash button stays gray I have tested the rs cable on a friens box and I ca connect with it just not mine before I done the software update it was fine I could flash through the web I could connect with Leeds I could get ip address by holding button on front of box but now when I turn it on it will just say dream multimedia and do nothing ????
Thanks for the help guys

when you updated it naffed up bootloader

Yes but is there anything I can do to fix it? ??

Last edited by a moderator:
Can anyone recommend a good repair shop on the wirral or Liverpool ???

Sorry, I am getting confused on how you have conncted your wires and receiver. Can yoy draw/take a picture and upload it?

You can reflash the bootloader usng a null modem cable and then be back at square 1.

Go advanced

Manage attachments (a pop up window appears)
select files
upload
done

Back