iPhone help please I dont wanna screw my sons xmas prezzie

nilrem

Inactive User
Reaction score
Guys just got my son an Iphone 4 for Xmas and wanna jailbreak it for him.

It's on 4.2.1 (8c148) Baseband 03.10.01

I dont need to unlock it so I've read I should use redsn0w 0.9.6b6 to jailbreak it but it will be 'tethered'

Just looking for confirmation that this is the best way to do it and there is no 'untethered' solution out there at the mo

Thanks

Edit

I tried redsn0w and got the white cydia icon bug and it wouldnt launch when it was clicked on

so I did a bit of digging and did the fix of 'just booting tethered right now' , this got the Icon brown and cydia launched but the phone then had no signal.

I rebooted the phone and have got the signal back and the cydia icon is brown but just wont launch properly

Any idea's whats going on here guys

Thanks

edit again

Am I right in thinking that I have to reboot in tethered and then use cydia ?

Thought these things were getting easier to do ...bloody hell

Last edited:
thathered jailbreak means if u need to reboot or u dont keep it charged you will have to use a proggy to reboot your iphone , tinyumbrella will do this

Guys just got my son an Iphone 4 for Xmas and wanna jailbreak it for him.

It's on 4.2.1 (8c148) Baseband 03.10.01

I dont need to unlock it so I've read I should use redsn0w 0.9.6b6 to jailbreak it but it will be 'tethered'

Just looking for confirmation that this is the best way to do it and there is no 'untethered' solution out there at the mo

Thanks

Edit

I tried redsn0w and got the white cydia icon bug and it wouldnt launch when it was clicked on

so I did a bit of digging and did the fix of 'just booting tethered right now' , this got the Icon brown and cydia launched but the phone then had no signal.

I rebooted the phone and have got the signal back and the cydia icon is brown but just wont launch properly

Any idea's whats going on here guys

Thanks

edit again

Am I right in thinking that I have to reboot in tethered and then use cydia ?

Thought these things were getting easier to do ...bloody hell

mate best thing would be to restore the phone and wait until xmas eve as the untethered version of redsnow or updated gp will be realeased .jailbreak with that and you will have untetherd jb .Also new baseband unlock should be here by january.

mate best thing would be to restore the phone and wait until xmas eve as the untethered version of redsnow or updated gp will be realeased .jailbreak with that and you will have untetherd jb .Also new baseband unlock should be here by january.

Just read that mate cheers for your help guys

Back