Hi - and help please!!

bungalee

Inactive User
Reaction score
Hi Guys,

Just found this place. Looks great.

I'm a complete novice at this game - only got my box last week.

I've got a gzemma star s that I'm having to try to do a recovery on :Mad2:. I managed to brick it when trying to do a backup..

Managed to backup settings OK and still have that backup. I hope this means that my "gift" settings are saved...

But when I tried to backup the boot image itself I did something wrong and now the system is not booting up and I have no backup of the image.

For info it was OpenVix Hades 4.2.1. If anyone can help me it would be greatly appreciated.

Do I just need to download a new image for example:
[h=1]openvix-Hades.007.release-zgemma-star-s-Image[/h]or
[h=1]OpenVix Hades 018 - Sky looking Setup[/h]
and restore the settings that i have?

Thanks Guys
Bungalee

Hi AJT,

Wow.. That was quick. Thanks so much!

What would I need to do r.e. my "gift" settings?

Thanks Again

Once Vix image is flashed and box is connected to the net you have to do this from network settings in menus
install ccam 2.3.0 from plugins...
and FTP your personal info on ccam cfg file to etc
You will need to set the whole box up from scratch including installing channel lists and plugins etc..
Sounds like you need a complete box set up tutorial..

You're obviously a Grand Wizard and I'm hoping - a patient one!

Yes, unfortunately I know nothing!

This sound complicated, I will need to go one step at a time...

First question : would my personal settings "gift" have been saved in the settings backup that I did before messing the box up? If not then I'm already in trouble as don't have them anywhere else?

The backup archive does contain a folder called usr with subfolders crossepg, keys, softcams..

I have downloaded the image from the link you kindly provided and will flash using it..

You're obviously a Grand Wizard and I'm hoping - a patient one!

Yes, unfortunately I know nothing!

This sound complicated, I will need to go one step at a time...

First question : would my personal settings "gift" have been saved in the settings backup that I did before messing the box up? If not then I'm already in trouble as don't have them anywhere else?

The backup archive does contain a folder called usr with subfolders crossepg, keys, softcams..

I have downloaded the image from the link you kindly provided and will flash using it..

As long as you install the same image as original you should be able to restore your settings. This may yield access to your Cccam.cfg file to retrieve your line or you could contact the original seller he may be able to give you a copy of your line..

Hi IANB,

Thanks for taking the time to post a reply!

The original image that was on the box was OpenVix Hades 4.2.1, but I don't have this.

I have tried to search the site to see if someone may have posted it previously, but did not get any joy.

So I downloaded the image that AJT kindly suggested above and have just flashed that on the box..

Not sure what to do next though.. As I mentioned I have a settings backup from when everything was working. When I flashed the new image, it found the previous backup but said it was not compatible.

Thanks

There are a few openvix hades images in the sat downloads section mate I suggest trying one of them and see if you can restore your settings. If you only registered today then it takes 5 posts (you have that :) ) but it also takes 24 hrs to gain access.

you have to set up the box from scratch now..
contact your line provider and ask for your info again...
First thing is get box connected to net best thing to start with is to plug in via Ethernet
Then press menu on remote and select plugins in the menus navigate to cams and press okay on remote..select and install ccam 2.3.0 wait for that to install..
once installed from same plugins menu navigate to skins press okay on remote to open skins menu and near bottom middle find and install "youvix blue" skin this will look better and easy to navigate.
once all installed now exit out of plugins and go to network (settings/setup/network)and get the ip address of box write it down it will be like 192.168.?.?
then exit out of all menus.
Now on your computer download dreamboxedit and download and unzip/unrar dreambox control center both here in downloads section..also download rats bouquets updater ipk and rats picons updater ipk again both available from downloads section..put both ipk files in a place easy to navigate too ready to ftp to your box along with your line info make a folder called satbox or something..

on computer run dreamboxcontrolcenter you may have to change language setting to English and enter your ip address in right hand box and select/click on Reconnect..you may have to do this 3-4-5-6 times to begin with..once your connected to your box select FTP from left bottom selection..Now on the right side is your computers folders and files on the left is your box files and folders..
on the left side click on ETC and go down the list of stuff and locate a file called "ccamcfg" right click on it and select edit it will open ready for editing now delete anything and everything that maybe on the config file and then at the top enter your own sline it should look like 1) C:blah.blah.net 12345678
then in top corner click on the save icon.
then on dcc at the middle top click on the green arrow up
still on the left side now go down to temp folder and click on it to go in..
then on the right side of menu on your computer navigate to where you put rats ipk files highlight one ipk and click left arrow to send it to temp do the same with the other ipk..once complete close DCC and get back to us when your done.

Thanks. That is a fantastic how to.

In the meantime, I followed your advice and downloaded and flashed the openvix image you recommended earlier.

I went through the setup wizard and managed to select my region and generate the channel bouquet.

I then looked at the backup archive I had from the old image and realized that it had been using the mgcamd softcam, so I installed that through the plugins and then used ftp to copy the files from the usr/keys folder to the same location on the box.

I then started the mgcamd in the settings on the box... And hey presto - it's loading the channels OK!

I just need to work out how to get just non-hd sly channels in favorites now and I'm a happy chappy.?

You guys are great!

Thanks. That is a fantastic how to.

In the meantime, I followed your advice and downloaded and flashed the openvix image you recommended earlier.

I went through the setup wizard and managed to select my region and generate the channel bouquet.

I then looked at the backup archive I had from the old image and realized that it had been using the mgcamd softcam, so I installed that through the plugins and then used ftp to copy the files from the usr/keys folder to the same location on the box.

I then started the mgcamd in the settings on the box... And hey presto - it's loading the channels OK!

I just need to work out how to get just non-hd sly channels in favorites now and I'm a happy chappy.?

You guys are great!

Download rats bouquets and install that will sort your channels out :)

Thanks. Will look at that in the morning. Could I just install the Rat's Bouquet Updater Plugin and download via that?

When you have your channel list on screen press menu on your remote and the select enable move mode then select a channel and press okay on remote you can now move that channel up or down your list using up/down on remote and press okay once moved and repeats if needed for another channel..
To move a channel say From sports to docs or fav bring up channel lists move highlighter to said channel press menu on remote This time select add service to bouquet and select where you want to put channel press okay on remote..

Hi Guys,

As you know I have posted more than 5 Posts.. and it's been nearly 2 days since I registered. However I still don't seem to have permission to download any files from the site. :'( . Why might that be?

Thanks

Hi mate the problem was were this thread was created ie in the introduction section . Posts in that section don't count towards downloads. I have now moved the thread to the correct section. I'm not sure if you will be able to download right away it may take another 24 hrs.

Thanks Ian.

Good job you're on the case or I may have been waiting a long time. Just tried downloading again but no go.. I'll have to be patient for another 24 hours.

Thanks again mate.

Back