Help needed pls ditv1000

zipper

Inactive User
Reaction score
HI if any one can solve this problem i have it would be great as i have had a good look around and read many posts but just cant seem to fix my box
i have a pace ditv 1000
ex cable wireless area
i lifted the jumper to program my net id into it and the box is now stuck on update screen blue c+w
i can force the update but it doesnt do anything
get an err 4 message no platform loaded ?
i just cant get into the engineers menu to start libby to change net id
i have left jumper of for 24 hrs and made no difference
im goosed and its a box for the kids to watch cartoons on
thanks for any replys

You first need to enter your net id before your box can download the platform.
A test sim would fix this, its not an led plug n play sim ok this looks like the sim you already have plugged in at the front of the box but its been made to take over from the mother board and gain access to the EM for changing net id and freq and pin etc but if your not up to removing chips and making one you could try the net id setting funcard.

Clive.

hi thanks for the reply where can i get one of these from thanks

I wouldnt know anyone who sells them mate, I'm more of your DIY kinda guy who enjoys making my own gadgets up and not paying if possible, not cause I'm cheap lol cause I find it more rewarding to know the only thing I got from anyone else was the info which was free and I did it all myself.
Try programing a net id funcard setter first, thats easier.

Clive.

hi i made a net id fun last night but it didnt do anything?
im pretty handy myself with a soldering iron but i havnt got a clue where to start on this one
would a sim out of a working 1000 box cure it thanks

You can set the net-id on pace1000's with a serial lead and windows, can't remember the name of the proggy though...eeek... someone will chime in hopefully.

ahhh, Libdebug is the proggy an your also need the 1000/2000 config file.

You can set the net-id on pace1000's with a serial lead and windows, can't remember the name of the proggy though...eeek... someone will chime in hopefully.

ahhh, Libdebug is the proggy an your also need the 1000/2000 config file.

hi thanks i have tried libby but because i cant get into eng menu it wont connect

hi i have been messing with the box again today and no luck i left the jumper off the box for 24hrs made no difference
i am now trying it plugged in with the jumper off overnight
anyone else any ideas
just need to get into engineers menu

You might be able to get it to stop trying to update so you can set the NetID and frequency using the skip update method.

Power on holding the [Standby] button in, when 'OKAY' appears use the buttons to the right of the display to put 2321 in. Press [OK] and immediately press and hold [UP] and [DOWN] as you would to enter the menu.

I can't remember what they do exactly, I think it changed but the box may appear to do nothing. Keep the buttons presses for a while longer and power off and then on. Again holding trying to access the menu using [UP] and [DOWN].

They used to reset and boot to the menu otherwise.

hi thanks for the reply it didnt work it just goes to pat then scrolls loads of numbers then displays pdld then displays LAiE then eaa5 then err4 then reboots then starts all over again

u need the test sim m8 that is what will sort it

hi david thanks for the reply i have an led simm for bk+ird ,i tried booting with that in but it just showed 8888
can you buy test simms or are they easy to make
or does anyone near liverpool or manchester have one i could use ?
thanks for the help guys im getting well anoyed with it now i know i could buy another of flea bay but its getting personal now lol

Hi m8
Having cable feed connected take the jumper off, Rub the soldering wire on the legs of nvram chip. put back the jumper and power up. If it didn't work the first time try this process for atleast 3 to 4 times. It should start updating.

hi where exactly is the nvram chip i just cant see it thanks for reply
i just cleaned the complete board with circuit board cleaner .
the only thing i did notice when checking the board more closely there is a small blue circuit board that looks like an add on its located on u900

Back