help needed for dreambox 500s

reliant

Inactive User
Reaction score
Hi I Hope Someone Can Help Me, I Have Connected My New Dm500s To Sat Dish And Run Find Transponder, The Only One It Would Lock Onto Was Astra 3
I Then Ran Channel Find And All It Would Pick Up Was All The Encryted Sports Channels That I Could Not View It Did Not Pick Up Any Free To Air Channels.am I Doing Something Wrong. Thanks In Advance

Seems maybe your dish isnt aligned? Astra3 is 23 degrees east. What satellite should you be getting? What channels did you find on your scan -ie the names of the channels.

hi pinkhelmets i have managed to lock onto astra 2 28e the only programs i can receive are shopping and religous programs.the dish ihave is fixed used to be connected to a sky receiver, i have not loaded any new programs into dreambox 500s, do i need to do this to enable me to receive more channel and if so what programs thanks in advance

You wont need to do anything or add any new software to the box if you are just using a sky dish. You will only get the free channels unless you have a valid subscription for sky.
The alternative for more channels is to upgrade your dish to a motorised one to receive other satellites that broadcast over europe.

Back