Help needed - URL:Blacklist

Redgun71

DW Regular ++
Reaction score
Help needed.

I purchased an online course (COSHH Level 3 Awareness) from apexlearning.org.uk that I need/want to complete by this weekend to put on a job application.
After the purchase every time I log on or try to access the course AVG pops up Threat secure message "We've safely aborted connection on backend.apexlearning.org.uk because it was infected with URL:Blacklist".
I tried to access the course on various browsers (Chrome, Opera, Edge) and same message comes up, their help/support only work Mon-Fri.
Anyone got a solution or suggest what else I could do?

Thanks

Can't you just disable web shield ( i think thats what its called ) in AVG?

Or add the site to the white list or exclude it from web shield?

Thanks.
I didn't try turning off the web shield as I thought that is what AVG is for. But I did manage to log on using an old MacBook which didn't have AVG.

Thanks.
I didn't try turning off the web shield as I thought that is what AVG is for. But I did manage to log on using an old MacBook which didn't have AVG.
Web Shield is just protecting you from malicious sites, but just like most AV software it can give false alerts, if it thinks the site is not trusted.

So for that reason you should beable to add sites you know are safe to the exclusion list, in AVG's Web shield settings.

Or just disable it until you have done what you need to.

Last edited:
Thank you Kryton
Viewing the site, registering and paying for a course there was no issue. The next time I went on the site to start the course AVG pops up with that message, so I didn't understand why the previous visits was safe but only after the pay wall it wasn't safe 🤔

Back