help me pls

Yeah get yourself a hd box and run your HDMI directly through your amp :)

If not then as sad above use the optical out from the dreambox going to much better than RCA.

Mick

once again thanks all for trying to sort me out

at the mo i feel quite gutted that i had spent 150 quid on pc motherboard and 350 on amp and spearkers i no to some of you its not a lot but it is to me
right first the motherboard my son inlaw had a good read on the net yesterday and it ends up that most hdmi from a pc are only 2 channel audio so what the point of that

ok deedie what i wanted to try and do i watch a lot of films on my pc and a lot of steams from netflix that is why i wanted 5.1 from the pc im not botherd about dts just 5.1 will do i no i keep going on about the good old days but i remember getting 5.1 from vedio tapes with the audio out from tape to red and white on my old 5.1 hifi now they were only analog arnt they

ok zad its a 32inc bush lcd tv Pioneer pc VSX-922 and the pioneer speaker set that you siad about
now im not sure if the optical lead is working as when he went it to the options on page 34 when he came to the tv only the top 2 were high ligheted so he couldnt change any thing

o Mick i love you alltho my daughter said im not having my dm800hd back its vary hard as im not well enought to do any thing my self i have to wight for soninlaw to do things for my what i mean by that is i cant move the stuff about to cheack any thing i can just press butons on the remolt

but i still do beleave the setting are wrong somewere

Tony, don't know where you have been reading that hdmi on a motherboard is only 2 channel, but afaik thats absolute rubbish.. even cheap motherboards have
VIA VT2021 codec
High Definition Audio
2/4/5.1/7.1-channel
Support for S/PDIF Out

What mother board do you have?

Have you installed the gfx and audio drivers for your pc and enabled HD audio? I have had some old pc's that pass the DD/DTS through etc from HDMI, and is not stereo!!

Can you take a picture of the rear of your amp with every thing connected inc speakers.

If the options are greyed out then its either conflicting with an other setting or its not detecting it plugged in if thats a feature of the amp.

do you have one simple player of any kind with hdmi and optical/coax audio on it?

I would do a hard reset on the amp, un-connect every thing inc speakers, do not use the set up mic for now..

Plug say you rear speakers in first then connect what ever you have with HDMI and make it play some music or what ever and change the settings until you get sound from the rear speaker, then start plugging front in etc.

Difficult to do things sat behind a pc... and your to far to come sort it for you..

ok it looks like i had my bad mood head on about the price or the m/b as it was a bundle thats why it was 150 ish
i beleave this is the best image i could find of it it

Gigabyte 78LMT-USB3 AMD 760G (Socket AM3+) DDR3 Motherboard

right this is a pick of tv setup
20130113_120212.jpg

i hope this pick go on ok but will let you no tomorrow but as for the sound i will no beter tomorrow

Attachments

• reattek.jpg
    reattek.jpg
    92.4 KB · Views: 3
Ok it says with those boards you need Silverstone FP32B-E 3.5" Black Front IO Module - SST-FP32B-E - Scan.co.uk

"Realtek ALC887 codec
High Definition Audio
2/4/5.1/7.1-channel (Note 4)
Support for S/PDIF Out

(Note 4) To configure 7.1-channel audio, you have to use an HD front panel audio module and enable the multi-channel audio feature through the audio driver."

Does your case have that on the front?

Kinda sucks that they force you to buy other things...

Also in the pc audio software does it not let you choose 5.1 speakers? and have you tried unticking the stereo option bottom left?

its been great the help you have gave me thanks zad
ok the item silverstone-fp32b-e-4-x-usb-30-and-2x-hd-audio-35-bay-device-front-i-o-aluminium-black no its not on the front of my pc imnot sure if i like the idear of wires coming out the front of the pc but if its what ive got to do i might in the end and as for the settings on my realek
speaker setup.jpg
but i seem to think that that might be the inturnal setting from the pc not to get it exturnaly but as i said i dont no that much
cheers tony

You wouldn't have wires coming out the front mate, I think its just the header on the mother board needs to be connected..

Possibly look in the bios as well when booting up to see if its a bios setting :)

was my expectations to high with what you get with a amp

some good news but some bad news aswell

ok optical didnt work becaulse arc was on so we turn that off now so thats ok but found out you dont get 5.1 with freeveiw

soninlaw rigged his ps3 up and played a blueray film we did get 5.1 it showed the speakers on the amp but side ones came on instead of the back and didnt get much from the s/w or center

now as for the silverstone-fp32b-e-4-x-usb-30-and-2x-hd-audio-35-bay-device-front-i-o-aluminium-black for the pc a lot of the stuf i watch is avi so i think now that thay will only play in 2 channel anyway so if i keep the amp i might get the silverstone thing

but im having a good think about sending it back as i said i got beter sound out my old sharp prologic hifi 10 years ago it just seems a lot to pay when you only get 5.1 from hd channels by the sound of it but thanks all for your time will let you no tomorrow cheers tony

Tony, sounds like you not set up correct mate or your not selecting neo6 or PLII when watching a stereo source, when I watch normal bbc1 I get sound through all 7 of my speakers my amp is 3 years older than yours and I am 100% sure your will do the same as my denon..

you might be better getting an all in one box its simpler to set up.

just a update for any looking at this thread

ok son inlaw had rung both firms up to send stuff back he said he would be up in about 10 mins to start boxing it up so i had one last go as i didnt feel wright sending stuff back that had nothing wrong with it this was yesterday afternoon

i had forgot sinse trying last time we sorted out the optical cable and why it didnt work was becaulse we had set the arc on

so i hit the right combantion with it yesterday with amp on tv and sound on neo 6 but what i will say so you can till me if im right or wrong allthogh the sound is coming out its not proper surround sound its just left comimg out the 3 left and right coming out the 3 right im saying this as on the amp it only shows as 2 speakers working were as when we had a bleuray film playing from the ps3 it showed 6 speakers

so any im going to keep it all now and should get the addvantage what i get a hd sat box up with it cheers tony

I'm pretty sure that's normal though. Neo6 is a simulated surround sound I'm sure.

You only get proper surround from digital sources like ps3 etc.

To get it on your pc for watching movies, then install xbmc and set it to pass through audio

Last edited:
thanks for that deedie i will look into xbmc at some point dont get me wrong i wasnt trying to nit pick about neo 6 as it was a lot beter then just coming out the front so thanks all for now cheers tony

Back