help me pls

ok lads my soninlaw has not manage to get throw to leeds yet to pick up my stuff but what i would like to no ive had a look at the menu for my tv its got spdif out so if i want the sound from whatever i have on the tv to come out the amp is the spdif same as optical or different so what lead would i need cheers tony

might help posting what tv you have,but yeah spdif is optical. so the type I posted will be fine.

Your not thinking of putting sky/cable into the tv then the audio from tv to amp are you?

tv is just a cheep bush 32 inc lcd as you no i no nothing about this as thing are ive got the pc to tv bye avg and bye hdmi as things are ive not got any other hdmi at the moment now im not sure but was hope that i might my get 5.1 from the dtv freeveiw and may be from my dm 500s or at lest beter sound from the dm500s if not i might just nab my 800 back of them down stairs as there not botherd about HD like i am

your pc has hdmi? so you only need to connect that to the amp it it will carry the audio to, same as all your other stuff connect to amp via hdmi, amp should do pass through if you dont want it on and then the audio will come out of tv speakers :)

i was in the position where i had multiple units all connected by hdmi but i never noticed the optical until i had everything down for the annual clean up and rerouting ,was removing the old 5-1 only hook up on that was by phono leads.took the yamaha soundbar that i was using on the pc as that has a bonus of 2 optical and 1 digital coaxial,so now when tv is on i can have a different sound source.

if your getting a good system you dont use cheap inferior cables,specs are more important for the best sound transfer.professional and good value it seems.

if your getting a good system you dont use cheap inferior cables,specs are more important for the best sound transfer.professional and good value it seems.

the cable he is using (toslink and hdmi) will make no differences over short distances

the 1m ones out of poundland, work the same as any other 1m cable. no matter how much you pay or how much bull the salesman spouts.

The leads I linked were actually £30 and over before the reduction ;)

Anyway as deedie says, cheap leads will perform just as good as the expensive ones

a bad hdmi cable you will see a difference in picture quality,have 3 of them here that came with various units and quality has diminished.also got a 25 foot hdmi

ok lads my soninlaw riged the amp up for me yesterday it looks ok but he could get anything to work other then the test sound so has anyone got a Pioneer VSX-922
that can help ive had a go this morning as thing are i can now get front left and right to work from the pc throw the hdmi but nothing on any of the othere speakers he put left and right in to my dm500 so i can now get that in the front only aswell ive gone throw all the butons on the remolt but cant find one that says optical so i cant get the sound from the tv so any halp would be great cheers tony

ps i think it is to complacated for me last time i had a 5.1 hifi all you had to do was put the red and white leads in and all worked fine

My optical output is on line 2. Select function and the. Line 2. See if that works.

thanks for that but if you hav a look at this you might be able to till me witch no buton ive tryed 7 but nothing happens its on page 10

Pioneer user manual

thanks for that but i still only hav sound in the front speakers he has had a look at page 34 and said it wont let him change anything so we started at the begining again this time the mcacc completed as befor it keep saying i was to speakers short so to finish that i added to more so now have the 7 set up and that completed and we had test sound out all the speakers.

so what i asked him to try was the internet radio thinking if we have a setting wrong the radio should come out in 5.1 as it built in so we didnt need to do anything to it but it was the same just sound out of the front to speakers
now i no i keep going back to the old day but 5.1 is analog ent it so on my dm500 ive put red and white in and in the amp so ive i put the amp remolt on tv no sound from amp put it on comp sound in the front 2 and in i put it on sat/cab i get sound from the front 2 again so as things are im lost and so inlaw is now working for a fue days

i had a read through this thread again, but im unsure what it is that you have connected by toslink. could you remind me?

im pretty sure that your computer will only output in 5.1 depending on the program you are using, like xbmc for instance setup to output bitstream audio

i dont have a dm500s, but my vu duo has to be set to output 5.1. and only if its a channel that supports it. i would doubt that you are able to get 5.1 by using the red and white audio leads.

im pretty new to all this and bought a onkyo and tannoy 5.1 setup a few months ago, and its being working flawlessly. and with a little trial and error was pretty straight forward to setup

given that im pretty new to all this, i could be wrong about everything i have said lol

do you have or have access to something you can connect to this that uses hdmi like a ps3/bluray player etc??

also while using the radio on my onkyo, it needs to be set to something like stereo from all channels or theirs another setting, something like neo6 or similar

Tony give us a list of all you equipment,

we can then probably tell you the best way to connect to the amp etc...

You say the dm500 you have connected the red and white? why when it has optical out... use that not the analogue. Picture wise you are stuck with scart as your best option on the DM :( get a HD box. :p

Back