help me pls

tony49

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
ok lads i would like some input about 5.1 amplifier and speakers a fue years ago i had a 5.1 hifi that had 2 output that was enought for me at the time but granson spilt his drink on it one day a fue years ago but i would like to get a 5.1 amplifier and speakers im not to botherd about DTS but would like a surround sound system now ive only got about £250 i no its not much but its all ive got im only asking as im not fit enought to go out to the shops to look cheers tony

Tony I doubt you will get anything decent new at that price, have you considered a good used amp & speakers ?

I have always had Onkyo and swear by them, theres a good starter one here - For Sale : ONKYO TX-SR607 - MINT CONDITION - BOXED | AVForums.com - UK Online

unfortunately home cinema doesn't come cheap :( with the above you will still need speakers

there is a cheaper yamaha one here but I have never used one - For Sale : Yamaha RX-V363 - Black | AVForums.com - UK Online and you will still need speakers

I think the speakers are a matter of choice (and cost obviously) have a browse on AV's speaker section - Speaker & Subwoofer Classified Adverts | AVForums.com - UK Online

Also have a look in their Amp section you may see something better

I have bought quite a lot off there, just keep your eye on the seller rep (under their username) and you should be ok, they are quite strict on the moderation of trade rules to :)

Good luck mate

Just to add, dont be shy to make an offer ;)

I would bid him around £150 for the Onkyo, see where he goes from there :)

Good luck

Nice one Zad, thats a good buy for the money and Richer sounds a good seller to

I didn't realise the Teac was made by Onkyo :)

ok first thanks to all of you for the help and giving me something to go on to start with

ok that looks very good Zad but cn someone till me what ( 3D COMPATIBILITY AND PROCESSING POWER TO MATCH THE LATEST FORMATS ) has to do with sound as i thought 3d was pickture thanks all tony

The Teac/Onkyo above are AV recievers mate which means Audio video, they will process the video input as well as the sound

Wouldn't worry about the 3D thing mate it just means it will pass it through with out any problems, all amps will tbh even my denon which is pre the 3D era...

The set up I have recommended will be a lot better than an all in one box mate, and when you have some more money get some better speakers or even add a centre rear and the surround backs can then go more in the middle of your room..

Onkyo teamed up with Teac I think in 2011 early 2012, I am going to wait to see what the 500 series rices are like when they finally hit these shores, should come in at around £350 is which is a bit less than the Onkyo 515 which it is in a different body :)

thanks zad ive tacking on board what you have said and about adding speakers
so befor i go with what you have said when i followd your link for the speakers i had a look at there sight so can you till me would this be as good or not as the setup you recommended cheers tony

Pioneer HTP071 Black | 5.1 Package System inc Speakers excluding DVD Player | Richer Sounds

Personally I would go for the teac its 7.1 for a start it also uses audyssey for setting up the sound, the low end pioneers get very mixed reviews..

the 7.1 is what I use but started with 5.1 so always try and future proof..

Let us know what you decide and enjoy, one of my favourite scenes is the opening fight scenes on Watchmen :)

I sell a pioneer system called the HTP-610 that did retail for 480 but we are clearing for £250. I would post a link to our site but I am pretty sure I will be breaking the rules by doing so.

Anyway it is a great system for the cash, the amp is built into the sub and can be used with any speakers you like. The ones that come with it are decent enough for the cash and it can handle HD audio and 3D video throughput if you need it to. there are six satellite speakers as there is a dual centre channel. Ill post a link from pioneers website HTP-610 (Archived) - Pioneer UK

just a quick update zad i was going to get both the itams that you said but as allways i take a bit of time and misted out as the deal is over with
Teac AG-D200 3D Ready 7.1 Channel Home Cinema AV Receiver Black i have tryed to find one on the net but not managed yet i dont like to rush into things and ive had a very good read on the net about 5.1 6.1 and 7.1 and was liking what i read so what i wanted to do was get a 7.1 amp with the 5.1 speaker set and then get 2 more speakers now i think you can get any speakers i no its not much but im going to go up to 350 to 400 i dont often treat my salf so pls let me no if there is any other combys you can come up with cheers all tony

and happy new year to all the addmin mods and little halpers on the great sight

surprised how many of use onkyo amps.

onkyo amp rocks,my bad boy is the tx-sr875 and the klipsch speakers.

Google Images

F - 30 Home Theater System | Klipsch
and also added a pair of s20
other second room zone adding a pair of bose speakers.

and spent a fortune on monster speaker cables and plugs.

surprised how many of use onkyo amps.

onkyo amp rocks,my bad boy is the tx-sr875 and the klipsch speakers.

Google Images

F - 30 Home Theater System | Klipsch
and also added a pair of s20
other second room zone adding a pair of bose speakers.

and spent a fortune on monster speaker cables and plugs.

Yeah you cant beat Onkyo in my opinion, I used to have the 875, great amp :) I now have the Onkyo Tx-Nr809 at the moment with Mordraunt Short Alumni 2 - 7:1

@tony49 you got anything sorted yet mate ?

just a quick update zad i was going to get both the itams that you said but as allways i take a bit of time and misted out as the deal is over with
Teac AG-D200 3D Ready 7.1 Channel Home Cinema AV Receiver Black i have tryed to find one on the net but not managed yet i dont like to rush into things and ive had a very good read on the net about 5.1 6.1 and 7.1 and was liking what i read so what i wanted to do was get a 7.1 amp with the 5.1 speaker set and then get 2 more speakers now i think you can get any speakers i no its not much but im going to go up to 350 to 400 i dont often treat my salf so pls let me no if there is any other combys you can come up with cheers all tony

and happy new year to all the addmin mods and little halpers on the great sight

Did you get my pm?

Don't think his budget will stretch to the Onkyo you are talking about as he needs speakers, only down side with Onkyo are the heat they generate and some of last years models had some what sketchy software...

I have always had Denon apart from the first amp I owned which was a Yamaha, I will be going for Marantz or Panasonic next time..

Oh and email notifications from Digi seem to be about 2 days behind!!!

ok lads as things stand this is what im going to get

Tannoy SFX5.1 Black | 5.1 Speaker Package | Richer Sounds

Sony STRDH520 Black | AV Receiver | Richer Sounds

thanks all for your time and help but i will be having one last look this morning befor i deside if thats what im going to get

Would still go for the Pioneer for that little bit more mate.. Pioneer VSX921 7.1 channel Network AV Receiver (VSX-921) Black the sony is old now.

not sure on the speakers not seen any reviews etc on them, but I would still consider the pioneer speaker package I first recommended that would leave you with plenty left to get some decent cables or the rears if you are going 7.1 :)

ok zad ive changed my mind about the speakers and will get the Pioneer S-HS100 Black | 5.1 Speaker Package | Richer Sounds ones that you said about

now coming back to a amp i would like to let you now this set up is for my bedroom and its only a small box room at my daughters so i dont need anything to loud or big now the other thing is im not sure if there is any benifet in getting one with network as my tv is for my computer as well so it would all be tyed in i nop the sony is a little bit older but it looks ok for my needs Sony STRDH520 Black | AV Receiver | Richer Sounds

ok now we come to cable is that right a usb is £20 and optical is £30 they saib you need the newer leads

ok zad ive changed my mind about the speakers and will get the Pioneer S-HS100 Black | 5.1 Speaker Package | Richer Sounds ones that you said about

now coming back to a amp i would like to let you now this set up is for my bedroom and its only a small box room at my daughters so i dont need anything to loud or big now the other thing is im not sure if there is any benifet in getting one with network as my tv is for my computer as well so it would all be tyed in i nop the sony is a little bit older but it looks ok for my needs Sony STRDH520 Black | AV Receiver | Richer Sounds

ok now we come to cable is that right a usb is £20 and optical is £30 they saib you need the newer leads

Wow I wouldn't be paying that mate for them cables :)

Belkin AV10078qp1M HDMI Cable 1m Good for Sony PS3 & 3D - Scan.co.uk

http://www.scan.co.uk/products/15m-newlink-optical-cable-gold-plated-toslink-(male)-to-toslink-(male)

Saves you a fortune mate even with delivery :)

and seeing you have now said you are happy with 5.1 then Onkyo TXNR414 Black | AV Receiver | Richer Sounds is a far better buy :)

It really is a hard work to decide mate, I have spent money on stuff before that has pissed me off and wished I had not etc... other have said Onkyo, I prefer the Denon and then the Pioneer over Onkyo..

Don't be fooled by the cables also I have spent 60 - 70 on an HDMI and tbh a £4 one does the bloody same ;) I noticed no difference, speaker cable I did notice but again I would not spend the £8 a meter I spent last time...

Back