Help in the Research to Cancer

Delster said:
Think I might have to uninstall this, it's causing my PC to overheat.
Anyone else getting this problem?

WTF ? this one just runs when the CPU is idle, so shouldnt stress your components too much, nor overheat your system. Speaking for myself, i have it running on about 5 or 6 machines 24/7, all of them monitored and it didn't cause any heat problems up to now. So might be worth checking in task manager what task/process is eating up your SYSTEM and IDLE time.

I had a good look, but it seems to be this program. I checked their forums and it seems a lot of people are experiencing this.

"UD is very CPU intensive so the only thing real thing you can do is add more Fans to help the air flow."

lol, I've got 7 case fans in a Thermaltake case, and it's still pushing the CPU to 65 degrees.

It normally sits at 54, and doesn't move, even when playing games.

Well then it's going off your harddisk. As i said, never had any problems, and don't have more then 2 fans in any of those PCs. Whats the temperature like when u stop the process ?

even 54 is quite warm, are you sure you have got a good coating of heat sink compound on?

The best type is artic silver, it can drop the temp by 10 degrees alone, as you are getting better heat transfer to the heatsink

I dont get any overheating probs. It just does'nt like giving me back my proccessor when I want to shut down the PC lol. You aint overclocking it in the first place m8 are you?

Good to see you join us Owenzy ;) Nice 1!

no problems at this end with it so far

Shame then :( but if its causing that much of a problem, then you dont have a lot of choice. I never realised it was so intensive.

At least you gave it a go m8 ;) come back when you get another spare machine to run it on, or bigger cpu lol

Regs

"D"

dont seem to be causing a problem here but shows cpu usage of 96%
but thas when pc is doing nothing else.

Just wish to thank all the continuing members of the team....Bk seems to be running away with the most points generated at the moment.....;)

looks like we all need faster pc's......I have tried but the missus says no...:(

Here's a screenshot of our latest table.

canres.JPG

Jim :)

Just convinced a couple of colleagues to sign up and join DW, so the team should be growing a bit :)

Ben quiet in here for almost a month. Just thought i would give an update on the stats and how the Team is doing so far.

Anyone reading this and got some resources to spare, please join our team and help fighting cancer.

i joined on the 3rd :)

i leave my comp idoling alot (always leaving it overnight etc downloading :))

Back