Help in the Research to Cancer

MH

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Chaps,

You may know cancer is a nasty disease....

There is a utility where you can help the fight for cancer by running it on your PC. http://www.grid.org/projects/cancer/

I have also created a Digital World Team, so you can join and get DW up there is the fight against Cancer.

The Team Name is Digital Worlds

You can join the team my logging in after you have installed the proggy.

The United Devices Cancer Research Project will advance research to uncover new cancer drugs through the combination of chemistry, computers, specialized software, and organizations and individuals who are committed to fighting cancer.

The research centers on proteins that have been determined to be a possible target for cancer therapy. Through a process called "virtual screening", special analysis software will identify molecules that interact with these proteins, and will determine which of the molecular candidates has a high likelihood of being developed into a drug. The process is similar to finding the right key to open a special lock — by looking at millions upon millions of molecular keys.

Participants in the United Devices Cancer Research Project are sent a ligand library over the Internet. Their PC will analyze the molecules using a docking software called LigandFit by Accelrys. The LigandFit software analyzes the molecular data by using a three-dimensional model to attempt to interact with a protein binding site. When a ligand docks successfully with a protein the resulting interaction is scored and the interactions that generate the highest scores are recorded and filed for further evaluation.

So please join this and help in the fight againts Cancer as we aint going to find any aliens are we......

well done Chris I lost my Dad to cancer so I know all about it and the heartache that it caused watching someone get worse everyday knowing there is nothing that will help good post m8

Nice one Mh, i've lost a few people to various forms of cancer and donate monthly by direct debit.
A well worthy cause m8 :)

good post mate, i too have also lost relatives to cancer so know first hand the pain its causes

Yeah! Great post m8. Lets see what we can do :)

I've got it installed, but having a little problem with it. Gonna sort it later.

Just downloaded it.
Will install it on a couple of workstations here this afternoon.

@Wee Bomber:
It's distributed computing.

Been doing the maths for S.E.T.I for four years now. Time for a change in distributed computing now, and to find sumwat against Cancer is definetely a good thing :)

Update!

We now have 3 running members.

Myself

and so far thanks to the other 2

SQUEKYHINGE......LOL AKA Diamond ;)
and
BADKARMACORE.

any more willing to volunteer their PC, during idle time?

It's still 3 members only. Noone else some CPU time to spare ? :)

@Wee Gordon
Best ask Grandad about it m8! To see if you can join up :)

Its very worthwhile, and hope for a few more members to join us, in time.

Cmon Guys! :) :)

I joined too ?

I think I put the wrong details in, I joined last week, tried to register, but it wouldnt let me ? Then I put the user details in from this post, and it let me join. Have I done it wrong ?

What do I register as or do I reigster as me then do you get the option to join a team ?

Back