Help in the Research to Cancer

Theoretically it would work without a network connection, as long as the packet it is crunching is downloaded fully. Think i just got your question wrong, was thinking that u asked whether it would used the combined idle cpu time of all machines in the network to crunch a packet on one single PC.

Bad Karma[CORE] said:
Theoretically it would work without a network connection, as long as the packet it is crunching is downloaded fully. Think i just got your question wrong, was thinking that u asked whether it would used the combined idle cpu time of all machines in the network to crunch a packet on one single PC.

Tech i did m8 :), if i left on the machine which had the applet installed and another machine on the network...would it utilise the idle cpu power of both machines....i think you answered correctly m8...

I will try installing it on my other base units and see if there's any diff in results returned... :)

Was right then, i knew it ws possible with the SETI Client, but as far as i've seen the Cancer Research is only able to use resources of the machine it is installed on.

wow the more i read on this site the more im impressed....i live with a girlfriend who is a sister on a a ward dealing with mainly cancer patients and shes very happy about the way you are all trying to deliver this message to others...i have to see my girlfriend being upset when she loses pateints she has tended of weeks...it affects us all even if you work within the area or just there for one of them that work with cancer everday....x

Join the DW Cancer Research Team..NOW!!

Hi All, :)

We have in the last few months had a lot of new members join and i'm sure a lot of you will be unaware that we have a Digital World folding team, which as it stands is 17 strong.

What does is folding: Folding@Home is a distributed computing project which studies protein folding, misfolding, aggregation, and related diseases. It uses novel computational methods and large scale distributed computing, to simulate timescales thousands to millions of times longer than previously achieved. This has allowed us to simulate folding for the first time, and to now direct our approach to examine folding related disease.

In simple terms once downloaded it sits in the background and when your cpu is idle it kicks in. This data is then uploaded to the site when your online.

How can you help? You can help the project by downloading and running the client software. The algorithms are designed such that for every computer that joins the project, we get a commensurate increase in simulation speed.

The program used for this can be found here:

http://www.grid.org/projects/cancer/

Once installed you can join our team which is Digital Worlds.

Thank you for taking the time to read this:

After all more than one in three of us will develop cancer at some point. Few of us go through life without coming into contact with the disease in some way.

Regards

Wiz :Cheers:

P.S if you require help on joining up, or have any other questions, please don't hesitate to contact Mairyhinge (Team Captain), myself or one of the team.

Get folding guy's :salute:

Yeah.....as wiz says:)

the more who fight it, the better chance we have of beating it:):)

lets all find the cure for all Cancers:):):)

Join the DW Folding Team :)

Hi All, :)

We have in the last few months had a lot of new members join and i'm sure a lot of you will be unaware that we have a Digital World folding team, which as it stands is 17 strong.

What does is folding: Folding@Home is a distributed computing project which studies protein folding, misfolding, aggregation, and related diseases. It uses novel computational methods and large scale distributed computing, to simulate timescales thousands to millions of times longer than previously achieved. This has allowed us to simulate folding for the first time, and to now direct our approach to examine folding related disease.

In simple terms once downloaded it sits in the background and when your cpu is idle it kicks in. This data is then uploaded to the site when your online.

How can you help? You can help the project by downloading and running the client software. The algorithms are designed such that for every computer that joins the project, we get a commensurate increase in simulation speed.

The program used for this can be found here:

http://www.grid.org/projects/cancer/

Once installed you can join our team which is Digital Worlds.

Thank you for taking the time to read this:

After all more than one in three of us will develop cancer at some point. Few of us go through life without coming into contact with the disease in some way.

Regards

Wiz :)

P.S if you require help on joining up, or have any other questions, please don't hesitate to contact Mairyhinge (Team Captain), myself or one of the team.

Get folding guy's :salute:

Check the new promotional signature - worth while cause that effects everybody in some way or another

Downloaded client , but cant get it to register a username and password , dunno whats wrong

Back