Hdmi from laptop to tv not working.

phezo

DW Member ++
Reaction score
I cant get a picture when i connect my laptop to my tv through hdmi. my laptop is a medion e6221. the tv is a dmtech lm37xty. i tested the only hdmi socket on the tv using a hd sky box, works fine. the output hdmi on the laptop works fine on another tv. it just seems to be a incompatability with both laptop and tv. does anyone have a clue whats happening. tried 3 different cables. tried rebooting laptop and rebooting tv.

Have you tried the laptop screen settings, not sure what OS you are using but I have found that some laptops need to be told to output the HDMI and also how they are to act (IE take over or additional screen).

Mostly though you plug in and it will auto detect...

Check your settings you never know :)

Mick

i tried the laptop settings(windows 7). the thing is i tried the laptop on another tv and the picture displayed instantly.

hold function key and tap the f key that controls the displays (on my asus it is f8) as this will force the edpip and you should get some action. Its also worth noting that there is a known issue on windows 7 machines that have been upgraded from vista for strange HDMI output behaviour although this usually presents itself with no sound.

tried the fn + f4. you see it switching on the laptop but no joy on the tv, the pc was bundled with windows 7.

Does your TV have a seperate "input" setting ?
My LG has settings that have to be selected before it accepts a connection, be it Aerial, Avi, Component, Rgb or Hdmi.
The other possibility is that the Hdmi connection on the TV is either loose or not working.

after i couldnt get it to work i connected an hd freesat box to the only hdmi socket on the tv and it worked. the laptop works as well because it works on another tv.

Have you got your latest graphics software on your lappy, when I connect my hdmi lead from my HP I just click on the " Intel HD graphics icon " and select monitor and Tv

Back