have i got a virus on my pc

imyeman2000

Member ++
Reaction score
hi guys! ive been using my laptop of late and havent used my pc for few months, ive gone to upload some photos from my mobile phone but the "contrast+brightness+screen
shift and that thing keeps popping on and its flashing! i have taken a video of it with my mobile and was gonna put it on here so yous could have a better idea of what im talking about but its a 3gp movie clip and it wont upload can i get the problem sorted and can anyone tell me if its a virus! ive got mcafee anti varus programme and that says my pc is safe to use !!! plzzz help thank you

Post up the video or a snapshot of what you have and we'll have a look, it's difficult to work out exactly what you mean

hi guys! ive been using my laptop of late and havent used my pc for few months, ive gone to upload some photos from my mobile phone but the "contrast+brightness+screen
shift and that thing keeps popping on and its flashing! i have taken a video of it with my mobile and was gonna put it on here so yous could have a better idea of what im talking about but its a 3gp movie clip and it wont upload can i get the problem sorted and can anyone tell me if its a virus! ive got mcafee anti varus programme and that says my pc is safe to use !!! plzzz help thank you
Have you been in your browser history and deleted all your cookies?

this is a pic and the symbols around the outside keep flasshing as if a button is stuck and its movin along to the next symbola
any advice guys is appreciated thank you..

Attachments

• DSC00624.JPG
    DSC00624.JPG
    205.2 KB · Views: 4
Ahh, now i understand, but if it's his PC it won't be a key (when you asked to remove the keyboard), it's more likely to be a button on the monitor as that's the display menu.

EDIT: Definitely not a virus btw.

thanks guys will dismantle the monitor and give the buttons a clean or maybe try a different monitor see if it still happening !!! cheers glad its not a virus!!

Ahh, now i understand, but if it's his PC it won't be a key (when you asked to remove the keyboard), it's more likely to be a button on the monitor as that's the display menu.

EDIT: Definitely not a virus btw.

When my laptop is in its docking station, the Dell Control Point manager will allow me to adjust the brightness and contrast by using keyboard hotkeys, to which I get a popup on the screen.

When my laptop is in its docking station, the Dell Control Point manager will allow me to adjust the brightness and contrast by using keyboard hotkeys, to which I get a popup on the screen.

pfft, mere technicality :p

Back