H2H Movie channels audio stream NAR on

Just tried the fix detailed above by Abu Baniaz on my Mutant HD2400 OpenPLi6.0 image.

I then done a quick rescan of the cable channels using Autobouquets Cable by LraiZer to remove the previous PID workaround that I'd applied and can confirm that the HD channels then worked as expected using MgCamd with the correct audio choices available.

This may also work for you beechtree with your OpenPLi image.

Just tried the fix detailed above by Abu Baniaz on my Mutant HD2400 OpenPLi6.0 image.

I then done a quick rescan of the cable channels using Autobouquets Cable by LraiZer to remove the previous PID workaround that I'd applied and can confirm that the HD channels then worked as expected using MgCamd with the correct audio choices available.

This may also work for you beechtree with your OpenPLi image.

This didn't work for dm800se openpli 4.0
Thanks anyway.

No.

For Athoik/Huevos, also looked at the readings. E2 with extra debug was also created to confirm the issue.

LraiZer says the following on another forum:

His PMs with me and exchange of stream recording details started on 11/11. So the suggestion that nobody started looking at those is not correct.

Neither LraiZer, Athoik or Huevos have gone out to say they are the ones who fixed it. Some of them are not even in the country so do it only for the sake of the E2 community.

I have no issue LraiZer - his solution shows he understood the issue. Props to him. His solution is very similar in concept to mine, whilst implemented differently. Not better or worse. It gets a thumbs up from me.

But the solution from Athoik was the reason mine was held back by your inner circle. They wanted to keep the credit internal for what ever reason.

You may believe his solution was based solely on his own debug etc., and indeed I believe he did do some debug... but to say he never used the information in my post is wrong.

Take a look at the attachment and decide for yourself...

Once again the outsider was not acknowledged for any contribution and the credit reallocated internally.

I have no issues with my informational post been used - infact that was the whole point of it been posted. If I had known somebody was using it to work on a solution to the problem, I would have not have even worked on a fix. I encourage people to try to work with the information given.

I believe in 2 things:

- Information on the fixes should be shared as it helps others learn, or attempt to fix themselves.
but at the same time:
- Credit where credit is due.

There seems to be a distinct lack of willingness to give credit where it's due to an outside source with the OE alliance, and a complete lack of respect to contributions from people not welcome in there happy little camp. This is hardly a good approach to attract new potentially skilled people to join in with contributions.

Attachments

• hackmax.png
    hackmax.png
    31.2 KB · Views: 32
Last edited:
if you are on Open ATV 6.1 do a online update which will have the fix for the audio

blue button software update

online update

That's great news mate, one question iPab Zgemma H2 uses OpenATV 6.1 dose this fix also apply to iPab mate.

Thanks for your help and advice.

Anybody else using a venton HD eco+ receiver
I've just refreshed to openatv 6.1
Update goes fine and scanned channels in but I cannot get auto bouquet maker to work it's throwing tuned failed errors at me and in the log shows possible driver issue.

Can't seem to get it to work and never had this issue before

what's the one i can put on my Zgemma Star H2 OpenATV fix image

trying to watch the darts final and i have no sound gerrrrrrrrr lol

What's the latest OpenATV that can be used on the DM800HD?
ATV nightly builds folder is empty for that receiver mate so maybe not supported any more ? Or just not updated

Update goes fine and scanned channels in but I cannot get auto bouquet maker to work it's throwing tuned failed errors at me and in the log shows possible driver issue.

I came across a twin DVB-C Venton ECO+ last week which I was using for some testing, this was while ABM was on 2.8 with PID patches built in (to ABM). I tried it with ATV 6.1 at the time and had just the same issue as you describe above. I did make my own test build of ViX4E2PROJECT 4.1 to see what happened and this did work fine with ABM (though not with the patch that was being used then).

Things have obviously moved on a great deal now since then so now I have got new builds out the way for current supported models (by me) I'm going to have a look at some of the older models, I'll start with the Unibox ECO+ as I happen to have one here so can test, I will let you know how I get on.

Last edited:

Same here as well i have this box as well i couldn't get ABM 2.9 to scan error configuration in the tuner I've set it up right, but scans ok under the normal cable manual scan

What tuner modules do you guys have on the ECO+, as in is it twin S2, twin T2/C or Combo (one of each)?

Give me half an hour or so, I am building a firmware now to test, I only have the twin T2/C here so will try on that first and if that works I will send you a private message with a link to download and test with me, if it's decided it works I can release for all then.

Give me half an hour or so, I am building a firmware now to test, I only have the twin T2/C here so will try on that first and if that works I will send you a private message with a link to download and test with me, if it's decided it works I can release for all then.

Have got the twin cable of version of this box too.

Oh I also saw this post on pli forums aimed at me. I'm not a member but somebody please feel free to echo my reply over there:

UK Cable - [EN] Enduser support - Forums

I really don't understand why developers spending their free time making opensource should apologize for their solution?

I have never once asked anybody to apologize for making a solution. Show me where I have done this? All I asked is that credit was given where it was due.

What I said was that due to the way I was quite honestly shit on, I won't be making any more contributions.

It's sad, that we are not working TOGETHER! At least as PLi community we got straight to the problem, once help was asked on a completely different matter, the cached pid recording.

Get straight to the problem after it's been pointed out, then quote part of the original posters work without giving credit.

Anyway, great job guys, sad that we have to known each other, in a such way.

First thing you've said that I agree with.

Anyway I am done with this pointless argument. Feel free to congratulate yourselves on a job well done.

Last edited:
Same here as well i have this box as well i couldn't get ABM 2.9 to scan error configuration in the tuner I've set it up right, but scans ok under the normal cable manual scan
Right guys their is a driver issue with the latest atv images.
I now have a working image thanks to a dev on the box forum.

The drivers are the problem. So there is nothing wrong with the setup or receiver it's the drivers in the latest atv image

I have tested here on the Unibox ECO+ this evening, I have not had any feedback from others unfortunately yet but never the less I will look to release this tomorrow. Manufacturer drivers has always been somewhat of an issue with these models (and support has totally been removed now so we're never likely to see any more updates) but I take note that you've been given some older drivers that work with ABM because the 'latest' ones don't, that's OK but I do know for sure that those older ones you have also have problems just in other areas, so it looks OK to you now but you will probably find issues down the line, I can't remember what it was now to be honest, but it was something! From memory it's drivers from August 2016 that work best, this is what I've built into the test firmware and what will be built into the release tomorrow. Please give it a try if you can when released and let me have some feedback if possible. :)

I have tested here on the Unibox ECO+ this evening, I have not had any feedback from others unfortunately yet but never the less I will look to release this tomorrow. Manufacturer drivers has always been somewhat of an issue with these models (and support has totally been removed now so we're never likely to see any more updates) but I take note that you've been given some older drivers that work with ABM because the 'latest' ones don't, that's OK but I do know for sure that those older ones you have also have problems just in other areas, so it looks OK to you now but you will probably find issues down the line, I can't remember what it was now to be honest, but it was something! From memory it's drivers from August 2016 that work best, this is what I've built into the test firmware and what will be built into the release tomorrow. Please give it a try if you can when released and let me have some feedback if possible. :)

I appreciate that as I have another one if these receivers to upgrade to the latest atv image in the next few days so I will definitely be a tester for that.

The drivers that have been injected into the image I have running ok are from February 2016 taken from the very last supported box image

I've attached the files here in case they are any use to you

The linuxdvb.ko file must have 755 properties and goes in /lib/modules/3.14.21/extra

Attachments

• venton drivers 20160128.rar
    2.2 MB · Views: 1
Back