Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Group Buy - VU+ duo

Opt-In Group Buy

• Yes

Votes: 61 85.9%
  • No

Votes: 10 14.1%

• Total voters
aye £400 seems to be the norm, its a hell of a lot just to watch tv

but i suppose if you work it out against a full sub to certain providers then it kinda evens istelf out

Cheers
MFCGAVMFC

£250 plus postage is my limit mate.

If I don't get the Vu+ Duo then I'll probably try my luck with another clone DM800 and buy the Ferrari SIM.

Honestly, I never watch it, and if I do ever have it on, all I watch is the news.

....but I like toys and I like tinkering with them. :)

Hi

Because as above, he,s very good and if he says he has stock coming
he means it.
I,ll give you a example, the last box i bought from him was a DM8000, which
was in July last year and at that time any body who had stock had very little or they were pre-ordered and sold out very quickly. I,d already bought a DM7020 from him in 2007. I looked on his site and yes under the DM8000 ad it said coming soon. So i phoned him and he told me that as soon as stock came in, they would be sold within a day. So i pre-ordered one and as soon as he got his next batch i got a email from him and i bought one, he even fitted me a 1tb and tested it before he sent it out. I have phoned him quite
a few times since for help and i,ll tell you he,s a great guy.

fezzy

Actually I tell a lie.

I watched both Old Firm games today.

Maybe I do watch it more than I realise. :)

Neorage, if you do get any joy from the supplier see if he's stocking the vuo+solo and see what he can do them for ?
I'm not to fussed on a twin tuner myself but for the £250 mark I'd jump in for the vu duo but if prices are not what's expected try the solo.
The solo look a bit more pleasing on the eye as well, the duo looks like that robot thing out of the movie short circuit !

Hando

Last edited:
Introducing the Vu+ Duo HD PVR

G6fS1trMS7C0oOTwdUqA06y098.jpg

i might also be interested but am only going off your recommendations.
are there any 'issues' with this box?

is there anywhere i cna find a comparison between this box and others?

also i would be more interested in the solo if it saves me a few bob.

Kind regards,
Mubs

also what is barry allen?
and what is the image support like?
is it as good as the dreambox?
what do you mean by open source linux?

Cheers,
CrazyFool

ive been looking in on this thread a few times, and am interested myself, does the final price of ~£250 include import tax (as that many at once is probably gonna get pulled) will VAT be added as its from within the EU?

also what is barry allen?
and what is the image support like?
is it as good as the dreambox?
what do you mean by open source linux?

Cheers,
CrazyFool

Image wise the box is currently supported by Pli, Dream Elite and VTI as well as the original images that are constantly updated. IMO this box once it is fully established will be as good if not better than the dreambox. The only reason I am saying "will be" is there are some minor bugs that need and I'm sure will be ironed out but this box is improving all the time and I cant recommend to anyone strongly enough

Last edited:
Back