Griffin complaint over BBC 'mob'

If you actually read the stats the popularity has declined, they recieved 6.2% of votes in Junes European Ballot yet now only 4% class themselves as defenitley considering voting BNP, what happened to the other 2.2% that did vote, would they no longer defenitely consider it. Hmmmmm.
You're reading it wrong. Allowing for a reasonable margin of error, you still have to consider that a certain percentage of the 18% "probably" and "possible" votes would end up voting for the BNP. Even if only 20% of those currently leaning that way actually went ahead and voted BNP, it would constitute an increase in support.

Stats can be a very dangerous thing in the wrong hands.
Evidently.

No, unfortunately my vote counts the same as somebody who has never done a days work in their life, has always relied on government payouts to survive, was taught that the you pick your pay slip up at the dole office by their parents, and are teaching their children the same thing, they've probably had run ins with the police (maybe spent time at HMs pleasure). We all know people like this, and I would be happy to bet that these are the most likely people to be swayed by the BNP.

Before the usual lot start talking about disabilities, i think its quite clear they arent the people i'm referring to.

The BNP members list contained

133 Councillors
43 Doctors
3 Majors
1 Lord
2 Prof
1 Rev
2593 OAP

We all know people like this,and I would be happy to bet that these are the most likely people to be swayed by the BNP.

i don,t think mr griffin was confident enough to answer audiences questions and everytime he had no answer to audiences question he was laughing embarrasingly.

Jack Straw and his Labour colleagues are responsible for the deaths of hundreds of thousands of innocent Iraqis.

If I wanted to be offensive, I'd brand that statement as complete bollocks Munkey.

However, I'll presume you were carried away in the heat of the moment.

If I wanted to be offensive, I'd brand that statement as complete bollocks Munkey.

However, I'll presume you were carried away in the heat of the moment.

from reuters

Reuters AlertNet - IRAQ DEATH TOLL
even if you reduce the number by 2 thirds it's over 200,000 deaths.

In 2005 even the bush regime said it was 30,000
What is the real death toll in Iraq? Jonathan Steele and Suzanne Goldenberg report | World news | The Guardian

the lowest bodycount I found was 92,489 with the highest being 1,0033,000 Casualties of the Iraq War - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I can't believe people think you can have a war without people dying ???

I am not a fan of munkey but find it hard to argue with facts and won't do it just for the sake of argueing with him.

No reference to the hordes killed by that tyrant Saddam then?

Noooo.

You can all argue against the intervention in a pub, a fucking pub, and feel great about yourself, can't you?

**** feudalism and all. Why can't we readopt the notion of the philosopher king, with me at the helm!

Ahahahahahhahahahahahahhahah! King of the world!

What was that? No one interested? Fine.

Yes I am drunk.

I watched question time because of all the hype, not really expecting to take anything away from the experience.

imho it was a waste of time dimbalby didn't run the show with any control or proper direction, with the other panellists and dimbalby shouting over each other, many points that were made got lost in the hubub, the same with the replies Nick Griffin tried to give.

i am pritty a-political in as much as i agree with some policies and ideas from most of the parties and also think they all have some awful policies that stink too.

i didn't quite understand Jack Straws point when he was going on about Nick Griffin sharing a platform with some other undesirable political leader at sometime in the past, he seemed to be inferring if you share a platform with somebody, by association, you share and agree with their views.

it was a missed opportunity for a proper debate to expose or otherwise the BNP's thinking on other areas of government, away from immigration and racism, their views on the holocaust, which are all well documented already.

TBH something is obviously changing in the UK for so many people to be voting for the BNP . Maybe it's a protest vote to show the ruling parties that people are unhappy with the way things are going in the country at the moment or whatever , but something is getting the countries back up .
I know that people in my town feel like they are being overun by immigrant workers and i wish i had a £ for everytime i heard someone say " You hardly ever hear an English vioce in the town center or Asda''s"
I have nothing against foriegners coming to work here .but i do think there needs to be some kind of cap on how many we let in. And before you think i'm racist , My best friend is black , the polish girls living next door are gorgeous and some of my best customers are muslims
The countries full now

.......I can't believe people think you can have a war without people dying ???

I am not a fan of munkey but find it hard to argue with facts and won't do it just for the sake of argueing with him.

There are three aspects of Munkey's post to consider.

1)The accusation that, "Jack Straw and his Labour colleagues are responsible... "

2) The figures quoted.

3) The definition of "innocent"

I stand by what I said.

The BNP members list contained

133 Councillors
43 Doctors
3 Majors
1 Lord
2 Prof
1 Rev
2593 OAP

We all know people like this,and I would be happy to bet that these are the most likely people to be swayed by the BNP.

jeez, I thought my granny running around in a corset and nazi uniform was some sort of fetish.....those pensioners are a sneaky old lot.

I would suggest that a huge swathe of population have a niggling underlying feeling that something is going wrong with the Country, I know I do.

I can't put my finger on it but I suspect that it is not a feeling of racism in any shape or form but it is a fear that one day this country may be watered down to such an extent that I feel like I am the one whose heritage and culture needs protecting, indeed that I will be the 'outsider'.

The major Parties do nothing to nothing to allay these fears and seem to actully suggest that I am actually wrong to feel them. All the BNP has done is tap into that fear and suggest that actually yes, its ok to feel like that.

As for question time I think it was cringeworthy and not for the reasons you might imagine. NG was invited along as were the remainder of the panel and so he should have been afforded the respect that they all would have expected.

He is a tosser but the point is he was treated differently on a supposedly impartial program, thats not right.

But then I vote Lib Dem so what do I know about politics.

Here is the thing, I cannot stand the BNP and what they stand for, but certain aspects of what they say I agree with and it annoys me because I for one think the UK is far too weak when it comes to Immigration control and how it acts on Islamic extremists and I don’t want the BNP hijacking my views and using them.

I don’t like seeing segregation in this country and believe that this country has had the same values for years but we are loosing these values as more and more communities are not living together. So as more families move out of certain areas and others move in, it gives the outside looking in, the impression that they are no go areas for other sections of the public. Wrong? Yes. Fact? Unfortunately Yes.

I for one like that fact that we are a multi cultural country as it does make the country stronger, but I am increasingly being concerned about communities separating them self’s from the British way of life. Or how woman are forced in to marriage by certain religions and various other impacts that religion has on their day to day life.

I am not racist in anyway but is what I have said above Racist? Yet it will be seen by some to be racist. We in the UK are at a horrible time. We are not able to voice concerns about the state of the country without fear of being branded a racist.

I fear for the migrants whose families have settled here and they see them selves as BRITISH but will be the subject of abuse and intimidation by the idiots that we have in this country. But we need to sort out the segregation problem that we have and the only way to do it, is at school. One school for all and the rest is taught on your own time and until we do this the BNP is going to grow in stature.

You're reading it wrong. Allowing for a reasonable margin of error, you still have to consider that a certain percentage of the 18% "probably" and "possible" votes would end up voting for the BNP. Even if only 20% of those currently leaning that way actually went ahead and voted BNP, it would constitute an increase in support.

Evidently.

I think you need to re-read that article mate.

6.2% defenitely voted BNP in the June election, these weren't maybes, probablies or possibles, these defenitely voted. Now only 4% would defenitely consider voting BNP, these aren't defenite votes they are just 'defenitely considering it'. That is a drop of 2.2% in anybodies book as you could argue that some of these defenitely considering will become non voters as much as you could argue the swaying of the possibles and maybes.

Im sure about 70% of the population would defenitely consider Lib Dems in the next election, what percentage do you think they will actually get?

Evidently your interpretation of the stats are different to mine, more importantly your interpretation of the answers is completely different.

quick queston:

do you know why indian soldiers entered into the first world war???

it would seem mr griffin did not or he could have had a decent debate with mr straw

Here is the thing, I cannot stand the BNP and what they stand for, but certain aspects of what they say I agree with and it annoys me because I for one think the UK is far too weak when it comes to Immigration control and how it acts on Islamic extremists and I don’t want the BNP hijacking my views and using them.

I don’t like seeing segregation in this country and believe that this country has had the same values for years but we are loosing these values as more and more communities are not living together. So as more families move out of certain areas and others move in, it gives the outside looking in, the impression that they are no go areas for other sections of the public. Wrong? Yes. Fact? Unfortunately Yes.

I for one like that fact that we are a multi cultural country as it does make the country stronger, but I am increasingly being concerned about communities separating them self’s from the British way of life. Or how woman are forced in to marriage by certain religions and various other impacts that religion has on their day to day life.

I am not racist in anyway but is what I have said above Racist? Yet it will be seen by some to be racist. We in the UK are at a horrible time. We are not able to voice concerns about the state of the country without fear of being branded a racist.

I fear for the migrants whose families have settled here and they see them selves as BRITISH but will be the subject of abuse and intimidation by the idiots that we have in this country. But we need to sort out the segregation problem that we have and the only way to do it, is at school. One school for all and the rest is taught on your own time and until we do this the BNP is going to grow in stature.

Top Post :Clap:

I think you need to re-read that article mate.
No, I read and understood it.

6.2% defenitely voted BNP in the June election, these weren't maybes, probablies or possibles, these defenitely voted. Now only 4% would defenitely consider voting BNP, these aren't defenite votes they are just 'defenitely considering it'. That is a drop of 2.2% in anybodies book as you could argue that some of these defenitely considering will become non voters as much as you could argue the swaying of the possibles and maybes.
It's obvious that you have have no experience in interpreting statistics. Of the 6.2% that voted BNP in June, a certain percentage of those would have been "possible" and "probably" leaners which were converted into actual votes on the day. Given the small sample group and the BNP's very localized level of support, never mind the fact that admitting to being a BNP voter is only marginally more socially acceptable than admitting to being a child molester, it would be quite absurd to expect a survey like this to accurately match the June election numbers, even if you had taken it on the day after the election. What it does do, however, is give us a number of indicators, which in even the most hopeful interpretation would suggest an increase in support for the BNP. For the record, I don't think that's a good thing, I'm just giving you the benefit of my experienced analysis.

I cant be bothered to read through the pages of arguments, so will just have my say. I commend the BBC for allowing this man air time, as they have shown people of Britian, just how much of an idiot this guy is. He has done nothing but damage his party and its supporters, in the way he has handled this. He is a bigoted, idiotic, racist, zenophobe, who should get out of my country. Thats right, get out of Wales, this country has enough boigted and stupid people in it, we dont need Nick Griffin too.

There is this really interesting documentary which I caught on TV a while back about migrating Asian cultures settling in the UK during the 60's and 70's. I'm not quite sure what it was called but it was about how Hindu, Sikh and Muslim families moved to the UK and how successful they each were in integrating into British communities. Maybe someone knows what the documentary was called, I think it was filmed by the BBC.

IIRC the documentary concluded that Muslims had failed to integrate into our society unlike the Sikhs and Hindu's and had formed an underclass in British society. It spoke that Muslim communities had segregated themselves from the rest of the community as their religious and cultural values were vastly different from that of the host nation and other migrating communities. NG needed to touch upon points like this instead of ranting about radical Islam.

No, I read and understood it.

It's obvious that you have have no experience in interpreting statistics. Of the 6.2% that voted BNP in June, a certain percentage of those would have been "possible" and "probably" leaners which were converted into actual votes on the day. Given the small sample group and the BNP's very localized level of support, never mind the fact that admitting to being a BNP voter is only marginally more socially acceptable than admitting to being a child molester, it would be quite absurd to expect a survey like this to accurately match the June election numbers, even if you had taken it on the day after the election. What it does do, however, is give us a number of indicators, which in even the most hopeful interpretation would suggest an increase in support for the BNP. For the record, I don't think that's a good thing, I'm just giving you the benefit of my experienced analysis.

I don't need the benefit of your experienced analysis, I would be pretty poor at my job if I couldn't interpret stats, I would also have failed to have excelled academically in the subject as well. You may agree with the journalists interpretation of these figures, however I am yet to meet a political journalist that knows one thing about maths let alone statistics.

That being said, the idea of anyone voting for them repulses me, so even 4% sounds like an uncomfortably large minority of voters.

Back