Got banned !! xbox live

what about if u put ur mem card into an unbanned 360 and grab it that way when its released properly, i mean, use ur gamertag or make a new name up on someones 360, download the update, the codec shud then go on ur hd then plug it back into ur banned?? Or will it only work if its been downloaded onto the same system

Last edited:
what about if u put ur mem card into an unbanned 360 and grab it that way when its released properly, i mean, use ur gamertag on someones 360, download the update, the codec shud then go on ur hd then plug it back into ur banned?? Or will it only work if its been downloaded onto the same system

The codec is locked to the system that it was downloaded onto mate.

You cannot migrate a codec from one machine to another.

well like i said, bugger it, now im banned im gonna run ixtreme 1.2 or something, sod all the checks and sip lashings of ginger beer pmsl

Anyone staying up to watch the ufc?? did anyone watch the boxing :)

lol, lashing and lashing of lemonade, just like the Famous Five :)

I discovered my ban today. Last night I was unable to connect to live and was getting a blank reason box on the connection test. I checked on the Live site and it said users may be having difficulty logging on - so I thought nothing of it until I got the ban message tonight.

I've played a fair few new games in the last month. Fallout 3 - abgx360 release is the one I'd put my money on at the moment.
None of the COD games or GOW2
Never played anything before release.
I have a spoofed drive.

Nevermind, will get a cheap arcade to replace it after Christmas. Can't complain about £100 for 2 years unlimited gaming...

Just got in and my son said he got banned, he never played cod5 online but did play and gow2 online.

I will await the conclusions from the experts that are reading up about it.
out of all the boxes lv done for m8's the only one thats been banned played gow2 online before release and was playing a m8 in coop but his m8's not banned ?

out of all the boxes lv done for m8's the only one thats been banned played gow2 online before release and was playing a m8 in coop but his m8's not banned ?

Yeah my lad was playing online with 4 m8s, out of the 5 of them 3 got banned and 2 didnt...strange, but the ban hammer may hit them soon.

i got a banned to looks like ive to go buy another one i got my moneys worth out of it :banana:

Ive got 5 consoles.

2x BenQ
2x Samsung
1x Hitachi

2 of the consoles have been banned and they are both the Benq versions,
Hitachi one is what i use most for backups, this is not banned yet.

1 of the Benq consoles as only been flashed for a couple of weeks and as had Saints Row 2 played in it ( i think ) then just some older titles, itys definatly not had Fallout 3, Gears of War 2 and COD 5 played in it at all.

I put it down to the Saints Row 2 "review" game, even though this has been in my Hitachi, that will probably be banned before the week is out i guess.

Cant remember the last time i played the samy's, but there not banned as i checked em today.

CS

Last edited:
Has anyone actually been banned then who hasn't touched a seed4me rls?

I'm not banned yet. Played COD5, GOW2, Fallout 3 and plenty of others.
Not played online with any of them - not my bag really - and pretty sure none have been seed4me releases if any of that helps.

not played COD WaW or GOW2 or Fallout 3 online either before release date or after. Got banned last friday. Played Midnight Club LA for a few hours over the previous week or so.

now got a new xbox360 machine playing COD WaW and GOW2 legit and using the banned box for those games that don't need to be played online i.e. Dead Space and Fallout 3.

Guys,

Is it only if you have played online that you get banned or could potentially you use one of the suspect games for single player mode then go online and get banned. Reason I ask is that my version of GOW was D/L yet my version of fallout was from a orginal. When I put my GOW2 in it asked to update the console could it be at this point something was written to an epprom to say game X had been played when you next go online the ban comes?

Lol imy old 360 got banned last year, Just bought a arcade for £129. Tbh there isnt really a need to flash it as no homebrew, just play backups & ur only gunna get banned from live so imo buy an arcade & buy the games. Least u get no hasstle. Last year i would have said differently but it sucks if u got no live. Especially as cod 5 is sexy online.
Even tho this ones a liteon and i could spoof thhe drive i dont think its worth it.

U end up with no warrenty and no live lmao

Lol imy old 360 got banned last year, Just bought a arcade for £129. Tbh there isnt really a need to flash it as no homebrew, just play backups & ur only gunna get banned from live so imo buy an arcade & buy the games. Least u get no hasstle. Last year i would have said differently but it sucks if u got no live. Especially as cod 5 is sexy online.
Even tho this ones a liteon and i could spoof thhe drive i dont think its worth it.

3 downloaded games at a cost of 3 quid and a retail of 120 and u think buying games is better .. u lost me there .. u can get secondhand xbox's for 50 quid and u take the risk of getting banned ...
l dont think anythings changed from last year . we just took it for granted and didnt check them right ..

me lm sure it was the review copys .. if most peeps have read the info they wouldnt of downloaded them and stayed with the names we trust like allstars

Last edited:

If you feel that way then why not buy a PS3? :)

You can get a brand new Arcade machine for £99 some places, that's the same cost as 3 original games. I'll happily run the risk of a ban and considering they appear to only hand out bans once a year I reckon that is exceedingly good value for money even if you DO get banned.

I'd rather replace the console than pay for games.

If MS have any sense, which they do, they won't ban everyone they have detected.

If for example a bad game, lets say GOW2 (not saying it is), flags something with MS to say you are using a modded console, they could be banning say 80% of those people. Leaving enough still working to make it near impossible to identify the game which is giving things away.

I think that would explain a lot.

Explained the situation to someone at work, he doesn't play online and wants his xbox flashed. Straight swap - result.:Clap:

lol, nice one :)

Yer banning 80% of people would really confuse the shit out of them/us.

To make matters worse we have loads of liars who will say anything, it's hard to work out the facts from the fiction, lol.

Yes i have read on lots of forums the reason people are getting banned is too do with people playing review copies that are uploaded by someone called SEED4ME.. so avoid if you can..

He has uploaded gow2 cod5 saints row 2 fable 2 and a some more so watch out...

Plus people are playing games way before release day they say they don't but they do..

I have just got new xbox360 and i am going too mod it after the big update tomoz and just play new backup copies of games by people i can trust..plus i will check it before i burn it..

i agree with the playing games well to early before release date but the odd day or two can be put down to companies sending preorders out early.

not sure if seed4me was the cause, I guess we will never know. ho hum.

Yes i have read on lots of forums the reason people are getting banned is too do with people playing review copies that are uploaded by someone called SEED4ME.. so avoid if you can..

He has uploaded gow2 cod5 saints row 2 fable 2 and a some more so watch out...

Plus people are playing games way before release day they say they don't but they do..

I have just got new xbox360 and i am going too mod it after the big update tomoz and just play new backup copies of games by people i can trust..plus i will check it before i burn it..

Seed4me is a group off torrentleech mate. Their leader is thegrim, and he does state in all his NFOs that people should not play these before release date, and even with some he advised that they are not retail. You cannot blame any group for your 360 being banned. Its your own fault. Not the group that released the game. Stop trying to find an escape goat for your mistake.

I grabbed all the Seed4me releases and I was happy doing it as they were giving me the games I wanted to play :) I look forward to their future releases .

Back