Going back to DW v2.1 from Digitalworldz Dream Neutrino Beta v0.2

GaryM

Inactive User
Reaction score
Having tried Digitalworldz Dream Neutrino Beta v0.2 I would now like to return back to DW v2.1 via a backup image I made.
How do I go about it? I normally FTP the DW.img to the tmp folder and telnet the command 'cd /tmp && eraseall /dev/mtd/3 && cp DW.img /dev/mtd/3 && reboot' but that doesn't seem to work.

Thanks for any help at all.

1, copy file into temp dir 2, menu 3, services 4, backup/restore image flash one partion without bootloader that should sort you out m8.

Somehow I think I've managed to delete the current image (Beta v0.2) without reloading the backup image (DW v2.1). The box powers up but doesn't output anything to the TV.

Will I now need to revert to a RS232 (com) cable and DreamUp and start again?

I should have waited for a reply before messing but then again, that's half the fun!

Last edited:
Working again now.

I used DreamUp to bring the box back to life and reload the DW.img backup I made of DW v2.1.

When carrying out a backup of an image from within DW v2.1 does it not backup the roms (I needed to FTP rom7 again) and services (also needed to rescan for channels).

What's the best way to backup services so it's as painless as possible when going back to an image if I feel like trying another one?

when you make a backup m8 it should be of yur complite image, your sure your backup was made before the rom fix.

Working again now.

I used DreamUp to bring the box back to life and reload the DW.img backup I made of DW v2.1.

When carrying out a backup of an image from within DW v2.1 does it not backup the roms (I needed to FTP rom7 again) and services (also needed to rescan for channels).

What's the best way to backup services so it's as painless as possible when going back to an image if I feel like trying another one?

did you say NO to flash erase when using dream up?

when you make a backup m8 it should be of yur complite image, your sure your backup was made before the rom fix.

It was. I made the backup from within DW v2.1 this morning and copied it out of the tmp folder via FTP to my PC.

try it again but say no to flash erase should give you services back

Thanks, that's exactly what the problem was.

I assumed that flash erase just deleted the image from the tmp file after a successful install. Obviously not!

Rep added for Napster and yourself.

Personally I use DCC for backups and installing images it does it all for you, great piece of software

If I go to TOOLS > BACKUP SYSTEM > BACKUP IMAGE, enter a filename for the .img image I then find the large button on the right hand side greyed out (the one with a tick and backup).
How do you create a backup of your image?

Back