Galaxy HD 3000 Digital Satellite Receiver

Has anyone got any first hand use ,ie image names etc ,putting on c:lines is it as easy as putting it on a USB stick ,is the box Linux looking at buying a few but need some info...can anyone here help in any way..

Box is closed source, could be compiled in Linux for all I know but it's not Enigma. There is an option to load a C Line from USB but I've not found the correct format for the file so used the remote to enter it. Firmware can be updated online from the menu, latest was released a few days ago, they have the .abs suffix

I had mentioned this elsewhere... it is a clone with new clothes on an old box.

its also got the added second tuner but i really dont know why this has been included as its a has the rf type connector on it
as if its a dvb-t and also there was no where scan a second tuner on the software

I have bought one of these box. Its the best it is so simple to put your cline in, bought it with a year gift ;) for £200

I have bought one of these box. Its the best it is so simple to put your cline in, bought it with a year gift ;) for £200

sounds a lot untill its tweaked to let you use the dvb-t tuner its just an openbox clone

ok got this box today and looks good at first view . only complaint is no usb at rear and the front one is behind the door
once i fired it up the software looked like the same as what you would find in an openbox same sort of layout and so on

the one i got was flashed and channel lists installed there is options to download channel lists and so on for the net
but when i picked the scotland area one it downloaded installed and then told me no channels :S

after backiing up the software its exactlly the same size as the openbox firmware so guessing this a clone of the openbox
it does have scart and rf in and out so might have t tuner installed and this is where the twin tuner think is coming from
i have yet to try this as dont have ariel installed

here is the firmware

Hi All,

I've got this box but it now seems to have messed up. It cannot connect to the server and on booting jumps straight through to the menu and says "no channel" if I try to exit (also doesn't ask me to download SKY EPG)?

I've tried to upload the attached firmware and that goes onto the box via. USB but hasn't made a difference.

Does anyone have the latest software that they could kindly back up to USB and post on here so I can try and load that instead?

Any help would be massively appreciated.

the firmware i have posted didnt include a channel list this needs scanned from the sat
once thats done you should have channels back and then i an sure i picked a english region channel list

the firmware i have posted didnt include a channel list this needs scanned from the sat
once thats done you should have channels back and then i an sure i picked a english region channel list

Thanks Turner - got the free channels back up and running now.

Any idea why it won't connect to a server? Was fine yesterday as an example?

have you put server details back into the box as once you load new software it will wipe you settings

have you put server details back into the box as once you load new software it will wipe you settings

I put in what I believe was there before but no luck (says newcamd and has an ip address etc.) - I'll have a look to see if I can find an alternative server.

Really appreciate you taking your time out to help me - thanks.

Hi,

Does anybody know ********** - the 3rd party said nothing is wrong with their server so need to check?

Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi,

Does anybody know what satellites Sky UK uses (for all the usual channels you get with sky & HD)?

For example, Astra 1H, 1L, 1M...

Cannot find Nick HD for the kids!

(Hope this questions doesn't fall foul of the forum rules)

you might need to add the transponder for that channel as i had to add the transponder for the 3d channel on this box

Back