Fury v Wilder

sneaker

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
Is anyone going to try staying awake for it? I'm going to try. Getting up for the Grand Prix early is probably not happening though.

Can you lend me some matchsticks to keep my eyes open :). I just hope it's better than the last fight I stayed up for, the last McGregor fight. :(

It's a late ring walk, I'm knackered, I was expecting it to start half an hour ago.

Yeah. that was a real war. Great fight.

I could do without the singing. :)

Last edited:
Fully deserved, gassed again,

Absolute w#nker Wilder, showed Fury no respect after the fight.

I wish Fury would go up to the commentary and knock that gobshite Haye out.
That's twice he's said Fury would get ko'ed. I honestly thought Wilder might get lucky and he nearly did, thank God he didn't.

Not a boxing fan but i loved that fight fury was class after wilder showed no respect shameful

Visually I never really rated Fury. Just didn't look as ripped and fit as his opposition. Soon as he steps in the ring though it's a different story. I always liked AJ but Fury would destroy him.
That is probably the best fight I've ever watched in my 60+ years. I think if Usyk wins the rematch he would be wise to give Fury a swerve, obviously the same goes for AJ.
Fury is presently in a league of his own.

Wilder blamed his loss on the difference in weight. I put it down to the amount of times he was punched. Just waiting for the usual crock of shit to fall out of his mouth. 😂

I think Furys power is deceiving. What look more like slaps or short close up punches carry some venom and they eventually wear opponents down until they crack.
One thing he has for a 20st bloke is stamina. Wilder looked f#cked 3 rds but you never see Fury totally f#cked, he always has a quater tank left

I only gave Wilder two rounds of the eleven, the first and the fourth.
Wilder’s extra weight did not help with his stamina and you could see him fatigue early on and as the fight progressed.
I actually liked Wilder’s tactics in the first round, using his jab to the body to setup the over hand right but it didn’t last long.
It was a great fight but Fury had the blueprint on Wilder and he can’t fight on the back foot and in the clinch.
To be brutally honest Wilder is not a technical boxer and he really only has the big over hand right imo.
If AJ can’t take the fight to Usyk and impose his will and beat Usyk in 6-8 rounds in the rematch. I think Fury against Usyk would be a great fight, both have great chins good cardio and good fight IQ but I think Usyk will keep on the outside and beat him on points imo.

Now that.... that was a Heavyweight boxing match that was a must watch! Although my background is Martial Arts, that fight had me hooked! (pardon the pun there). Great to watch.

Back