For ppl who signed upto Sky Half Price deal last year on DW

just got my second 6 months half price deal today after original 12 months half price deal....:Clap:

nice one sempi :Clap::Clap::Clap:

is it the same as last time you rang up after the 6 months was over.

and did you go through to the thinking of leaving option...

nice one sempi :Clap::Clap::Clap:

is it the same as last time you rang up after the 6 months was over.

and did you go through to the thinking of leaving option...

yes our deal had just ended, got the mrs to call up and she just said cannot afford it as we also have vermin so want to cancel and they said how about another 6 months half price...
we have to pay this months at full price though as new month had started

yes our deal had just ended, got the mrs to call up and she just said cannot afford it as we also have vermin so want to cancel and they said how about another 6 months half price...
we have to pay this months at full price though as new month had started

told me flat out NO !!! lol....

ah well ill have to go down the other route now, wink wink ..... now where do i start ???????

Last edited:
Ive got a new deal bout 8 weeks ago got rid of motyroom :Cheers: to save the 10er was it.
Ive got all movies sports ESPN 12 month max 50 quid but i can cancel any time i want with 30 days notice it will do for me and my son said skypleyer is still working at his i thot it would go off but not yet

Ive got a new deal bout 8 weeks ago got rid of motyroom :Cheers: to save the 10er was it.
Ive got all movies sports ESPN 12 month max 50 quid but i can cancel any time i want with 30 days notice it will do for me and my son said skypleyer is still working at his i thot it would go off but not yet
it changing from 6th july mate
sky player will become sky go and you can have 2 gadgets on it
e.g. laptop/pc/tablet/phone.
you get the gist.
as long as you subscribe to them
i think you have to accept new terms and conditions but not too sure will wait till 6th to find out.

Hi,

Like the others on this thread my current sky discount is coming to an end. So far, I have had 12 monts half price which was extended by a further 6 months (no extension to contract) this extension is due to expire around the 25th August. When I last tried to extend, customer services said I had to wait until the exisitng offer on my account expires before getting a new discount. As I know I have to give 31 days notice, is it better to phone up and give the required notice now, then phone back after the 25th August asking for the discount? At least this way if they dont play ball, I can move to another provider and not have to give a further 31 days notice at full price. Any suggestions? Thanks

My offer was comming to an end so I rang and went through to the leaving dept and got another 6 months half price so give them a try before your offer finishes

My offer was comming to an end so I rang and went through to the leaving dept and got another 6 months half price so give them a try before your offer finishes

Ok - thanks for the prompt response - I'll give them a call later today and post the results - fingers crossed.

Hi,

Like the others on this thread my current sky discount is coming to an end. So far, I have had 12 monts half price which was extended by a further 6 months (no extension to contract) this extension is due to expire around the 25th August. When I last tried to extend, customer services said I had to wait until the exisitng offer on my account expires before getting a new discount. As I know I have to give 31 days notice, is it better to phone up and give the required notice now, then phone back after the 25th August asking for the discount? At least this way if they dont play ball, I can move to another provider and not have to give a further 31 days notice at full price. Any suggestions? Thanks

they told me the same to ring after my 6 month extension ended as they cant do anything until after the end date.... and got a flat out NO lol..... so i ended up paying a 1 month at full price.....

just give them your 1 month notice... you will get an email and a questionnaire to fill out asking why you left..... and at the end they ask you if there can contact you to try and talk out of leaving and prob try and make you stay.....

i still went ahead and canceled tho.... i dont like being knocked back lol

Hi,

just an update, got another 6 months half price offered yesterday after the latest offer expired. A bit more tricky this time (originally 12 months half price, then 6 months half price and now another 6 months half price) with no extension to contract.

Had to phone twice to get the deal and state I wanted to cancel as virgin quidco was offering 6 months half price and 160 cashback, then suddenly the offer was available. thanks for your help - 1 very happy sky customer.... :Cheers:

Hi

My brother has the half price deal and it ends in a month time. so basically he rang up and said he wants to cancel in the hope they would offer him 6 months half price however he tried a couple of times and they did not saying they cannot offer anythin at the moment cos he is in a already in an offer so he has cancelled. Will they ring back to offer deal or would it be betta to ring them day before it gets cancelled.

Thanks

basically need to ring them up the day it runs out and you end up paying one months full sub then back on to the 6 months half price deal (that is what has happened to those I know who have done this including myself) they have always said to me you cannot get another deal whilst you have a current deal.

i cancelled my sky and gave erm me 30days notice got a phone call 2weeks before me cut off date we can give you another 12month halfprice

Will tell my brother about this. Thanks mate cos he has cancelled at the moment and onli been a couple of days

I had half price all singing £60 for 12m, then 6 months half price but had to keep phone and internet for total of 12 m.
though my initial 6 month contract started on month 11 of 12m contract. I was only calling sky about future deals then. I think I need to phone soon I hope i don't get stung forsky tv cos i have a further 6 months left on my phone and internet.

I couldn't get 6 months half price. I just called and he said 25% off for 12 months! but i want 6 months 50% because i won't be able to afford just 25% off!

I've given my cancellation notice!

maybe i'll call back?

Been on 12 months half price deal for last 12 month. Rang yesterday gave the sob story financial differculty etc and they only offered 25% off package no HD/multiroom discount LOL. Gave them 30 days notice and now waiting for a call.

I had half price all singing £60 for 12m, then 6 months half price but had to keep phone and internet for total of 12 m.
though my initial 6 month contract started on month 11 of 12m contract. I was only calling sky about future deals then. I think I need to phone soon I hope i don't get stung forsky tv cos i have a further 6 months left on my phone and internet.
..update have given 30 day notice kept phone and broad band.nice guy said he would take hd off package to reduce......i will now wait

Back