For ppl who signed upto Sky Half Price deal last year on DW

From what I am told by cancellations the 6 months extension is no longer available due to "abuse" something about money saving expert bloke blabbing about it on gmtv so Sly have pulled it.

I was told all they can offer is 12 months at 25% off, which the lad said is the same saving... yes maybe if you failed maths !

not only is the 6 months half price extension not a fixed contract, its a rolling contract....

The 12 months at 25% off is a 12 month contract ! also, it does NOT equate to the same saving.... as at the end of 12 months you would have had the equivalent of 6 months at half price.... BUT you would also have paid for SIX MONTHS AT FULL PRICE AS WELL ! working on that logic.

Phoned Sky yesterday...they refused to offer any sort of deal at all...either pay full price or cancel.
When I asked them abiut 6 months half price and 12 months 25% off they had offered other customers, they made up some crap...that these offers were only just stopped yesterday...lol.

Phoned Sky yesterday...they refused to offer any sort of deal at all...either pay full price or cancel.
When I asked them abiut 6 months half price and 12 months 25% off they had offered other customers, they made up some crap...that these offers were only just stopped yesterday...lol.

I think it comes down to who you get on the end of the phone.

My brother phoned up and was offered the 6 months 1/2 price straight away ! where as I had been offered it but 2 months later had to argue to get it lol !

Call back again and tell them you want to cancel, dont mention any deals but they usually offer you something to stay... thats retentions job. :)

If not, say cancel then.... get cancellation date, and go ahead... call back a few weeks later and bet ur offered something.

My half price sky deal ended 17/01, I phoned to cancel but they did not offer me any deals so I let them cut me off.
Got a call from them this morning and they offered 12 months half price on the full package, no contract and a £50 M&S voucher.
I knocked back the HD deal so now paying £26 a month, probably just about what its worth.

My half price sky deal ended 17/01, I phoned to cancel but they did not offer me any deals so I let them cut me off.
Got a call from them this morning and they offered 12 months half price on the full package, no contract and a £50 M&S voucher.
I knocked back the HD deal so now paying £26 a month, probably just about what its worth.

That is a pukka offer :)

Wish I could get something like that I'm on virgin,I was previously last year on sky but cancelled as virgin matched the half price that sky was doing,I never get calls or mail from sky offering anything,tried to take up the half price offer but they got me on the fact that there was previously a sky sub and have to wait a year,but hopefully by may there might be some more half price cOdes about and then can cancel virgin

Wish I could get something like that I'm on virgin,I was previously last year on sky but cancelled as virgin matched the half price that sky was doing,I never get calls or mail from sky offering anything,tried to take up the half price offer but they got me on the fact that there was previously a sky sub and have to wait a year,but hopefully by may there might be some more half price cOdes about and then can cancel virgin

Sign up with sky in your wifes name mate, if you dont have one... invent one PMSL !:banana:

That's what I tried but they wouldn't cause they said had to wait 12months before anyone could sign up again,that is why I had virgin tv cause they matched the sky offer and I have allways had their Phone and bb anyway

hi

i rang up sky today to cancel and they offered me half price 6 months or 12 months 25%. She offered me this no question. Just said the reason i am cancelling is that full price was too much. She said this is the only deals we have at the moment i took 6 months

I've just phoned up said i was cancelling and straight away i was offered half price for 6 months plus 10 pound HD sub if a wanted it, i asked if this was a fixed contract and was told it was a rolling contract and told to phone back in 6 months, when a similar deal maybe available, i'm happy with that! :Hit:

i just got a six month extension half price but aint really half price though but happy

Did you guys get anything in writing or email, confirming the 6 months half price ? I phoned Sly again...and they offered me 6 months half price..i've accepted that now but havent got any sort of confirmation...

Did you guys get anything in writing or email, confirming the 6 months half price ? I phoned Sly again...and they offered me 6 months half price..i've accepted that now but havent got any sort of confirmation...

Nope, nowt official to confirm it. Think they hope you'll forget when your 6 months is up, forget to cancel a month before & end up paying full price for at least 1 month.
HH.

Nope, nowt official to confirm it. Think they hope you'll forget when your 6 months is up, forget to cancel a month before & end up paying full price for at least 1 month.
HH.

Hmm..im more bothered I cant check if theyve actually applied the 6 month half price or not...they might just start charging me full price..and deny any knowledge of the 6 month thing...I will have to phone the again to verify...Good job im using the Freephone number.

Hi I just got the 6 month offer and it has been applied to my account I checked online at sky

How log did it take for it to show up on your account ?

Usually it's straight away but they say give at least 24 hours for any changes to be shown on your account.
I would defo tell anyone who has got a deal to check their account to see it's correct. As when I got my deal the person added the HD charge when it shouldn't of been.
When I phoned up, it was all detailed about the offer what I should of been getting & was sorted there and then. Well worth checking online, as you won't get a paper bill confirming an new deal your on.

Hi guys sky rang me up this morning and offered me 12mths half price if I sign up today with them,I am on v****n and my contract is up in may,she said take the minimum pack at £9.75 for 2month and then up grade the remaing 10 months at half price making it £24.50 and £50 of m&s vouchers,I asked for a new hd box but she said no,but I really want a new box to be honest,what do u think to the offer and do u think I could push for the new box,this is also a rolling contract I can cancel whenever I like apparently.She I ringing me back at 4.00pm

Anyone done both the yearly half price & the additional 6 month half price (+hd cost) offer yet. Mine runs out on 9th May , so to give the months notice to cancel I will need to be contacting them before April 9th. Are any other deals circulating from Sly to try & keep people with them after this 6 month runs out ?
Knowledge is power ! :Clap:

how it is an offer fgs

they only offered me half price plus + 10 quid a month HD and 50 quid cash back [credit]

still worked out aorund 400 quid for the year

i paid 23.50 a month plus 100 quid cash back with quidco for last year

Back