• 1. Signed up to a Vermin package

Votes: 23 14.8%
  • 2. Signed up to Sly

Votes: 54 34.8%
  • 3. Just using Freeview

Votes: 30 19.4%
  • 4. Went to Sat

Votes: 37 23.9%
  • 5.Crack Nagra3 (option just for hackmax)

Votes: 18 11.6%

• Total voters
Not sure why you quoted me though mate.

lol

I'm not having a go at anyone.

My reply to Hackmax is a private joke. :)

My quote wasnt aimed at you in that way,the fact you were watching your linux box and i answered watching my Sammy.

Just went on another tangent and general moan bout all the in fighting.

Like i said over tired,should call it a night.

No intentional dig at you mate,im better than that so appoligies if it came out wrong.:proud:

Andy.

My quote wasnt aimed at you in that way,the fact you were watching your linux box and i answered watching my Sammy.

Just went on another tangent and general moan bout all the in fighting.

Like i said over tired,should call it a night.

No intentional dig at you mate,im better than that so appoligies if it came out wrong.:proud:

Hehe, it's cool mate.

I was just wondering why I was quoted. :)

I went to SKY.... You know SKY the company... You have not listed it in your options...

You have listed a company called sly???? How sad?? Do you find it difficult to say SKY????

Sad act....

p.s. Who the f are vermin???? Dear me, you really need to get out more...

This goes way back mate, back in the day etc.. people said sly as most forums blocked the word sky out.. and they also said sly as they thought that if sky themselves where searching for themselves they wouldnt bring up hacking forums as they wernt using the correct name..

Or something like that.. :err:

Im staying with Virmin ;) got 2 standard and 1 v+ on xl pack..

I went to SKY.... You know SKY the company... You have not listed it in your options...

You have listed a company called sly???? How sad?? Do you find it difficult to say SKY????

Sad act....

p.s. Who the f are vermin???? Dear me, you really need to get out more...

I cant even be arsed

Considering option 5 5.Crack Nagra3 (option just for hackmax) I would like to know why 4 other people have clicked it? ffs.

Umm.. I think I was the fourth. Because I did'nt like the other options :)

Motorised HD sat reciever on a private server.
Fook fookin sky.:nopity:

They have ruined football, and they have way too much power in the media world.

I F**kin HATE MURDOCH THE CNUT!

Voted went to sat.......My DM800 is winging its way through hongkong airport at this moment. I have my dish and all me bits and pieces. It will all be up on the wall on Monday PM. Then it will just be wait until my box comes and I'll be a multi sat member. Already helped my mate set up (With lots of help and advice from the guys on here). So I should get 2 votes lol.

Asking around I get the feeling that the majority are doing anything other than subbing to vermin. As mentioned the £75 install for HD coupled with the fact that their standard price for the HD inclusive of all sport and movies is £90 pm the equivalent with sky is £70 pm - and sky have 36 HD channels where vermin have like 6 - add to that the fact that sky are doing free hd install as well as the many codes that allow you the full hd package for 1 year, it's no wonder why the majority are heading to sky.

I consider myself quite anti-sky for quite a few reasons , but I am not going to go into that I will just state some facts.

1) Sky's Broadband is ADSL which is quite inferior to cable broadband, you may be paying for 20Mb broadband but I will be truly amazed if you even get 66% of that unless you live next door to the phone exchange.
By comparison my virgin BB has ALWAYS been at least 90% of the speed I pay for, I currently have 50Mb and couldn't be happier with my genuine 45Mb plus speeds

2) Sky have almost no hope of bringing BBC iplayer or 4 On Demand to their system, with Virgin this already runs along side the many other channel specific on demand services they have, and is excellent

[/QUOT

I don't know how the speeds of the internet work but I can tell you I had virgin BB for 3 years and when I downloaded lost and 24 it downloaded at about 100 to 150kb and now that I have o2 internet they download a hell of a lot quicker at 600 to 650kb, so no more virgin net for me.

My box has been broke for a month or 2 now anyway, just been using the subbed box. Not missed it.

Got a sat dish here anyway was considering the Humax freesat+ , but I agree with the poster on the newsgroups. You can get just about anything you want from the internet most of my TV is watched via downloads anyway.

At least VM still run a binaries server for those too cheap to buy access.

i myself will be switching to sly in the near future as the deals they are offering is far better it is a sad day but hey life goes on maybe not for vm much longer unless they offer better deals the only thing swaying me is the bb.

moved house recently to a area with no virmin so had no option but to go to sly !
so I have had both on HD and I would say Sly just shades the HD tv side (mainly coz they wont let no-one else have their sports and movies on HD ) although catch-up and on-demand on Virmin is a lot better and so is the virmin box (3 tuners and bigger HDD)

Sly doesn't compare to virmin in the broadband stakes though.

All in all, I would deffo be paying for virmin, especially at some of the prices u guys are paying -
Its like stealing it - only legally ...lol

Gutted, jus talking about it. At least u guys still got the option of paying for it :(

Oh, I didnt vote coz it dont really apply to me

Last edited:
I went to sat....put up a dish, got a clone dreambox 800hd then, a CS service.

Yes it dont have multiple tuners but really dont record one channel and watch another, plus you get more hd channels that virmin.

I enjoyed it while it lasted.

G

if anyone wants advice just ask away.

G

I've always had the virgin TV XL even with my dreambox the only thing I used it for was Sly Sports but even then hardly watched that, I'm not too bothered about it, but I certainly won't be spending money on Sly movies or Sports. I might even reduce my XL TV to medium when my contracts up. We only watch the free channels if we watch TV and occasionally virgin on demand stuff but I could take it or leave it.

I will be staying with virgin for the BB alone you can't beat 50mb connection.

Last edited:
When it finally hits my area i will probably do with out.

I use Be for broadband and get near the full 24mb as the exchange is about 100m away and my lodger has vm bb. Proabably just hit the pub more for away games and dl movies/series i want to see as i pretty much do just now.

i took out vermin full tv package with 3 extra boxs for bedrooms giving them to family members for £25 a month so tv is still free for me and cheap for the family lol

Back