• 1. Signed up to a Vermin package

Votes: 23 14.8%
  • 2. Signed up to Sly

Votes: 54 34.8%
  • 3. Just using Freeview

Votes: 30 19.4%
  • 4. Went to Sat

Votes: 37 23.9%
  • 5.Crack Nagra3 (option just for hackmax)

Votes: 18 11.6%

• Total voters
Isnt in my area yet but I signed up to full Sly Package as it was a great deal... Still have my normal Virmin sub so doesnt bother me either way.

Cried like a baby, had a tantrum, threw some stuff about, got slapped about by the missus, lost all of my friends, no money for sly, currently watching countdown on a 3" B&W CRT with built in radio alarm clock. That won't last long either, the b@stards plan to turn analogue off too.

Spare some change please.

I do not watch a lot of TV most of the things I do watch, I download from newsgroups so will not be big lost to me

I think newsgroups give a lot more for your money then sly, Vermin ,etc ..lol

I'm planning on freeview, vm broadband (which I already have) and iraq goals! lol! Maybe be check out sat when I have some time.

I signed up with vm, got a free hd box out of them,and 20mg bb for 30,pm including sky sports. Told them I'm going to sky coz they are alot cheaper, i had 3 months to go and i was willing to buy out my contract.

Judging by the poll, the conversion rates don't look great for VM. Now, if they could get 20% of the people who had no subscription whatsoever to buy a package, that would be quite good, but if 80% of the people who run their box on a minimum subscription head for the hills, that could be quite a considerable customer exodus.

Im still on Vermin and will carry on as before with Large broadband phone and basic tv but will get satellite when ive a few bob spare.

Andy.

Oi, oi, someone's ticked more than one option, lol. 28 total with 27 votes.
They're checkboxes and not radio option buttons. :err:

i will stick with vm, with the xl package ,no sports or movies £29 a month + u get all the hd channels + espn & thers alot more hd channels to come ..strarting with discovery & eurosport in april ,,,as iv seen sky hd ..& its a poor picture i think compared to vm

I signed up with vm, got a free hd box out of them,and 20mg bb for 30,pm including sky sports. Told them I'm going to sky coz they are alot cheaper, i had 3 months to go and i was willing to buy out my contract.

Thats an excellent deal. Did you push hard for it? hope i can get that when mine goes off

Gotta disagree geforcefx.

I've got the sky half price deal from the bargains section and the picture is great on sd and eye boggling superb on hd. Now they're offering me 20m BB for £5 for 6 months (£10 after) if I turn my phone over to them from VM.

I'm really impressed with sky and if they don't do traffic management on the 20m BB then I'm going to switch over.

I've paid for cable since the Nynex days, seems like the end of an era for me.

Regards

Gotta disagree geforcefx.

I've got the sky half price deal from the bargains section and the picture is great on sd and eye boggling superb on hd. Now they're offering me 20m BB for £5 for 6 months (£10 after) if I turn my phone over to them from VM.

I'm really impressed with sky and if they don't do traffic management on the 20m BB then I'm going to switch over.

I've paid for cable since the Nynex days, seems like the end of an era for me.

Regards

Exactly the same for me, the HD pic from Sly is awesome and 20mb BB for a fiver, you can't go wrong!!

On the results so far, I do not think that I will be rushing out and buying shares in Virgin Media.

James

well i total disagree with the fact that if i pay for lets say a box of cornflakes for argument sake. Then in that cost is the price of adverting the product. Added to that is paying for the tv to watch the ferking advert for the cornflakes that i just payed for... excusse me i am no mug i am a man of principle. keep your pay tv and shove your hd up your *rse. your movies are b**ocks anyway. and if i want it bad enough ill get it on the web. Im going freeview with Virmin top notch net. i am cancelling the min tv package that i have and im also telling them to shove theyre landline as well. Looks like my kids however will have to read a bit more or maybe concentrate on theyre homework a bit more or even spend some time as a family. just like they used to do way back in the 80's when we only had 4 channels... to be honest as a father im quite looking forward to it.

I consider myself quite anti-sky for quite a few reasons , but I am not going to go into that I will just state some facts.

1) Sky's Broadband is ADSL which is quite inferior to cable broadband, you may be paying for 20Mb broadband but I will be truly amazed if you even get 66% of that unless you live next door to the phone exchange.
By comparison my virgin BB has ALWAYS been at least 90% of the speed I pay for, I currently have 50Mb and couldn't be happier with my genuine 45Mb plus speeds

2) Sky have almost no hope of bringing BBC iplayer or 4 On Demand to their system, with Virgin this already runs along side the many other channel specific on demand services they have, and is excellent

Last edited:
I consider myself quite anti-sky for quite a few reasons , but I am not going to go into that I will just state some facts.

1) Sky's Broadband is ADSL which is quite inferior to cable broadband, you may be paying for 20Mb broadband but I will be truly amazed if you even get 66% of that unless you live next door to the phone exchange.
By comparison my virgin BB has ALWAYS been at least 90% of the speed I pay for, I currently have 50Mb and couldn't be happier with my genuine 45Mb plus speeds

2) Sky have almost no hope of bringing BBC iplayer or 4 On Demand to their system, with Virgin this already runs along side the many other channel specific on demand services they have, and is excellent

Agreed vod is the best part of vm tv that no other rival broadcaster can beat other than that the rest of their services are crap apart from broadband.

Whats the difference between Sky anytime and VM vod?

Don't use either as I get all the films/music I need from the net.

Regards.

sly are bringing out a similar package for customers. My mate works for them and was at some 3d promotion thing in Livingston with other new features to be added soon. Download direct to box im sure he said.

Cant remember the ins and outs of it, prob others on here will know more.

That must be the sky anytime then as I've just had a nose and there is tons of films,docs,music,sport ect' 90% in HD all for free....

I'll hook up my subbed VM and see what's to compare in the vod section..

Regards.

Back