Football on viasat

Morning all

Just read this interesting thread and done a bit of googling but there doesn't seem to be a lot of info out there at moment. I was googling for different kinds of ip boxes people where using ie still the box up and plug and play without having to change settings and pretend you where egyptian. My local landlord has just had a ip box fitted at a cost of 330 plus 60 per week rental charge. Reading this thread I think he has been conned but that's not my concern. I'm just wandering if there's a box I could by and then subscribe the 30 for the year. I have downloaded the guide from this thread but am unable to open it with my BlackBerry PlayBook. Any info or suggestions greatly received. Also I see them selling the box with subs for 12month on ebay for stupid money.

Thanks

Morning all

Just read this interesting thread and done a bit of googling but there doesn't seem to be a lot of info out there at moment. I was googling for different kinds of ip boxes people where using ie still the box up and plug and play without having to change settings and pretend you where egyptian. My local landlord has just had a ip box fitted at a cost of 330 plus 60 per week rental charge. Reading this thread I think he has been conned but that's not my concern. I'm just wandering if there's a box I could by and then subscribe the 30 for the year. I have downloaded the guide from this thread but am unable to open it with my BlackBerry PlayBook. Any info or suggestions greatly received. Also I see them selling the box with subs for 12month on ebay for stupid money.

Thanks

Think youre confused, this is for the online stream to games. Much lower quality than what an ipbox will give you, and works in a totally different way.

Thanks for the reply. So if I bought an ipbox how would I subscribe to say the Abu shaving sports package.

Cheers

Thanks for the reply. So if I bought an ipbox how would I subscribe to say the Abu shaving sports package.

Cheers

Well, you wouldnt buy the ip box and sub separate. Youd buy it preloaded and pay monthly/yearly etc.
However will cost you approx 3k a year so isnt economical for the average joe.
For approx £60quid a year you can subscribe to admc's online streams which wont be the best quality but will be reasonable and shouldnt look too bad if you link up to your telly. Dont expect much as it is a huge jump in price, But it is the best you can get to have every game in english for a reasonable price.

Just to note, ive not actually subscribed to this so my comments are from others posts and pictures ive seen.

found something while browsing the other night and might interest some http://www.en.aljazeerasport.tv/Livegot into the subscribe page with free egyptian vpn that took forever but could not test the video maybe some one with aproper pay vpn could test
price for year for aj sports one to eight is $50 and to add nine and ten is $35 more same payment methods as admc so if interested for aj one to ten would be $85 for the year about £55
may ibe off interest to some without a dish at 13e

if mods want to code the link feel free i could not find how to

Last edited:
Watched me second Saturday 3pm KO game it was just as good as last weeks so I'm well satisfied.

Like last week watched on one of my media centre's on a 40" TV quality was pretty good I have seen some Eastern European Satellite's with worse pictures so I an't going to moan about the quality.

Couple of little points I will make if anybody is undecided and is desperate to watch their premier league favourite you must have a decent broadband (I use a business class version Fibre 40MB) and a PC with decent CPU and Ram ( i7 and 8GB Ram anything from 3MB up should be fine.) You could well be able to watch with less performance but I'm sitting here typing and watching the West Ham v Arsenal from Sky and it had up to now 3 micro/interference drop outs where I had none at all from the Wigan v Everton game on broadband as far as I'm concerned is a bit of a feat.

So as far as I'm concerned this thread has been a little gem!

@oviano - Now theres a quality first post. Many thanks :)

A brief update from me, in case it helps others decide.

Tonight the ADMC stream for West Ham vs Arsenal is very high quality for me on my laptop with the SmartDNS trick; certainly good enough to put on the big screen and as good as the Everton vs Southampton game I watched on FoxSoccer2GO last week.

I also just tried via the iPad but as before the SmartDNS trick won't work for me when using the ADMC app, it just spins forever trying to load the stream. Instead, I have to connect via VPN (to Egypt); this pretty much cripples the connection for me to the extent it even gave a message saying it couldn't stream due to the low quality connection.

So while I'm more reassured now with the base quality of the ADMC streaming, the lack of being able to use the iPad ADMC app is a downer.

Watching a live stream on the FoxSoccer2GO iPad app via US VPN works much better.

Has anyone managed to use the ADMC iPad app and view a live stream without connecting via VPN?

Watched me second Saturday 3pm KO game it was just as good as last weeks so I'm well satisfied.

Like last week watched on one of my media centre's on a 40" TV quality was pretty good I have seen some Eastern European Satellite's with worse pictures so I an't going to moan about the quality.

Couple of little points I will make if anybody is undecided and is desperate to watch their premier league favourite you must have a decent broadband (I use a business class version Fibre 40MB) and a PC with decent CPU and Ram ( i7 and 8GB Ram anything from 3MB up should be fine.) You could well be able to watch with less performance but I'm sitting here typing and watching the West Ham v Arsenal from Sky and it had up to now 3 micro/interference drop outs where I had none at all from the Wigan v Everton game on broadband as far as I'm concerned is a bit of a feat.

So as far as I'm concerned this thread has been a little gem!

well just to show the other side of the coin i can only get basic bband speed of up to 6 meg where i live and get between 4 and 5 and only .3 download and works fine for me with this .
also worked ok on my 5 year old toshiba 1.6 ghz with 2 gb lappy and have just upgraded to a sub £300 lappy from dabs which is 2.2 ghz 4gb ram and works fine .
tried it on my very old xp desktop i think its a 1.2 athlon and has under a gig of ram was ok got a few stuuters i did not get with the lappy and tried the ubuntu half on the old desktop and the stream performed better than the xp side but still a little stuttery graphics suffered on the old desktop as well as quite pixxily (if that is a word) and may well be the reason for the stutters as i think its 64mb .
and believe it or not the old dinosour desktop cost more than my two laptops
so just to show you do not need the latest fastest processor or high speed bbband just a relatively up to date pc or lappy

Watched WBA vQPR superbly yesterday,faintest bump but i suspect i need a better router thats more for streaming.I also have to set the router up each time i want to watch a game,overall im very very pleased.Big thanks to Wiz and most of all Halfman Halflager for his help and support.Cheers guys!

hi, i said before in another post, and you may find it helpful here, google "viacast.co.uk", they have many different packages and options, i purchased and havnt had a problem yet:)

hi, i said before in another post, and you may find it helpful here, google "viacast.co.uk", they have many different packages and options, i purchased and havnt had a problem yet:)
definate spam monkey trying to promote own service in my opinion
anyway must be having a girraffe why would someone pay £215 for the season when most who have signed up using the very helpfull info in this thread(much thanks to original op ) myself included for about £30 and £3.50 a month for smartdns
unless they have money to burn or are wired on cheap drugs and cold cans of super tenants

I'm not convinced its spam yet as he didnt even put a live link in his post unlike some others,
but it is an overpriced service without a doubt so if its intention is to try draw customers,then it will fail miserably lol

My Galaxy S3 allows me to beam it from the app to my WDTV, Popcorn Hour or Samsung TV. Seriously considering dropping my 1m motorised setup for this as the non english audio is a real pain!

To get latest Android version of ADMC install aptiode on your phone and then goto this link and install AD Sports.

AD Sports | Android Apps (Free APK)

working with the latest version here for me

Last edited:
It seems to work for me, well for the clips, hopefully watch a live game tomorrow.... :)

finally took the plunge yesterday and im impressed. i streamed it to the laptop but now im thinking will this work on apple tv or something similar. be interested to know if anyone uses the service on anything other than a laptop.

cheers

Back