Football on viasat

Re: Mag 250

you just need the vpn to sign up to the site with your payment info and details which they state in the pdf guide which hunter kindly supplied a link to download from
its up to you you whether you pay for a vpn or use a free one i used a free one as it has been the only time i needed to use one.
after that you do need to sub to the smart dns which is chargeable but has many other uses apart from just the admc site
all the info needed is in the guide

think ill try this out at weekend,thanks for the info

Picture seems decent, If i wasnt working on saturdays id go for this.

you just need the vpn to sign up to the site with your payment info and details which they state in the pdf guide which hunter kindly supplied a link to download from
its up to you you whether you pay for a vpn or use a free one i used a free one as it has been the only time i needed to use one.
after that you do need to sub to the smart dns which is chargeable but has many other uses apart from just the admc site
all the info needed is in the guide

right worked it out finaly got it all sorted i signed up to and subbed to overplay vpn and subbed to ADMC got it all working the replys are good quality but when live football is on it is terrible now my internet speed is 3 meg down load which i know is not very fast but supposedly enough for this , any way some one said once the game starts you can turn off vpn as i think this is causing the problem but when i do this it stops the video playback and get the usual oops on the site and now play back ,any ideas of improving the quality as iave seen much better on free footy sites.

right worked it out finaly got it all sorted i signed up to and subbed to overplay vpn and subbed to ADMC got it all working the replys are good quality but when live football is on it is terrible now my internet speed is 3 meg down load which i know is not very fast but supposedly enough for this , any way some one said once the game starts you can turn off vpn as i think this is causing the problem but when i do this it stops the video playback and get the usual oops on the site and now play back ,any ideas of improving the quality as iave seen much better on free footy sites.

just use the smart dns feature NOT the vpn to view the streams either put the smart dns ip numbers in your router or youre web browser its all you need after signing up .
in my opinion its the vpn that is slowing it down
ok try this for an example log in to your routers set up page via web browser you know the 192. etc
in my orange router and i am sure others will be the same you have a set up where you can enter primary and secondry dns this is where you enter the smart dns numbers as apposed to the pre set before i had the google dns numbers in instead of my isp numbers
after doing this save and exit .
close youre webrowser and restart and without starting vpn try logging on to the site and viewing highlights or what ever before you get the log on screen you may get the overplay announcement saying your ip has changed log in to overplay check smart dns account light is green then open another tab and search again
try that see how you go

Any chance you can point me in the direction of this m8?

no problem i just googled free egyption server and there is a site cme up called proxy nova scanned down and found one for egypt cairo changed settings in firefox under edit preferences advanced network then settings and away i went

sorted the problem just run smart dns

glad youre sorted you posted at the same time i was posting my lengthy how to set up in your router anyway post may help others as thats what its all about sharing a little knowledge to help others who maybe able to help you or others that have in the past on different subjects

no problem i just googled free egyption server and there is a site cme up called proxy nova scanned down and found one for egypt cairo changed settings in firefox under edit preferences advanced network then settings and away i went

cheers m80

glad youre sorted you posted at the same time i was posting my lengthy how to set up in your router anyway post may help others as thats what its all about sharing a little knowledge to help others who maybe able to help you or others that have in the past on different subjects

Thanks mate for the help just was trying it out while the game was on live but missed the very end lol so going to try the weekend although my internet did seem faster using the dns feature.

thanks as you said the posts are here to help why people say pm each other with the info and dont disclose to other members i will never know thats the reason for forums.

Thanks Bud

Dont you just luv it,all coming out the wood work

HES ONLY RIGHT THOUGH LAD ! keep all answers in open forum other wise how are people going to learn ,ive seen too much of it going on over the years on many satellite forums and it should be stopped, the only time it should be used is when it is not allowed on open forum the likes of C/S, honestley some people need to get a grip lad!

It was interesting to discover this thread and in particular the ADMC Sports sign-up and streaming guide - I'd just figured out all these steps myself (even down to the same choice of Overplay as VPN/SmartDNS provider) and then I find someone has already documented it and I needn't have bothered!

Anyway, I thought I'd offer some feedback about subscribing to ADMC Sports and also the other one I have tried - FoxSoccer2GO.

I'm based in Istanbul, Turkey and although the local channels out here do show one or two 3pm Premier League matches, all too often they don't pick one featuring my team, Everton, hence why I've been looking into this stuff.

By the way, I am aware that I can likely get a proper ADMC receiver + dish here in Istanbul, but I am waiting for the outcome of the overseas EPL rights before making that decision, since we're now into the final year of the current contract.

Anyway, the comparison...

FoxSoccer2GO
----------------

I signed up to FS2GO before the weekend - I did this via a US VPN and I was able to pay with PayPal. My PayPal account is linked to a UK bank account and debit card, but this wasn't flagged as a problem during sign-up.

It's $19.99 per month, so pretty steep compared to ADMC Sports, although you can cancel at any time, i.e. you're not bound to a year or anything.

I watched Everton vs Southampton on Saturday and was impressed with the quality - way better than the free online streams, and also slightly better than the other paid streams I've used in the past (FlashSportStreams, now sadly defunct, and LiveOnlineFooty). Note that at this stage, I wasn't aware of the SmartDNS tech so I was watching this via US VPN.

The main downside of FS2GO for Premier League action is that they don't show the biggest matches live - essentually anything that they are showing live on Fox Soccer in the US is not shown online. Now for me, this isn't much of a problem, as these games I would receive locally anyway, so for me FS2GO nicely fills in the gaps and allows me to watch games like Everton vs Southampton (and our next two games which are vs Wigan and vs QPR) which haven't been picked as a main game for TV coverage.

However, FS2GO doesn't just feature the Premier League, it also appears to be covering every single CL match too.

There are apps available for iPad and iPhone and these appear to work very well, though I haven't tried a live game yet.

ADMC Sports
---------------

I signed up to this yesterday, via an Egyptian VPN, again using PayPal and also used it to watch last night's QPR vs West Ham match.

I also downloaded the ADMC Sport iPad application.

What I found was that on my laptop, the SmartDNS service was sufficient to allow viewing the live stream (i.e. I didn't need to connect to VPN) but the same wasn't true of the iPad application. I could only get the stream on iPad if I connected to the Egyptian VPN. Has anyone else experienced the same?

Interestingly though, when I did this, the quality of the stream on the iPad (with VPN) was generally higher than that I was able to get on my laptop (a new Macbook Pro Retina) using only SmartDNS (or for that matter, via VPN). Perhaps this reflects a difference in quality of watching an HTTP live stream (iPad) and a Flash live stream (laptop)?

Certainly, the quality on my laptop, particularly when piped through to my TV, was significantly lower quality than the Everton vs Saints match I watched on FS2GO on Saturday, which generally looked great on my TV, apart from occasional times when it lowered the quality as my internet connection varied (I'm stuck on an 8mbps connection at the moment).

I also discovered that the quality of the 2 min highlight clips on the websites were slightly lower on ADMC than when watched on FS2GO. I don't think this reflects the speed of the connections to the two different locations because the 2 min highlights have a manual selector for Lo/Med/Hi stream quality on both sites - if I selected the same quality level in each of ADMC and FS2GO, and watched the same clip I found that in general FS2GO gave a better picture.

Summary
-----------

ADMC sports is the winner on price and coverage of all EPL games, but FS2GO wins on streaming quality and coverage of other leagues/competitions.

I intend to keep both for the time being (I've paid for ADMC for the season anyway), so if I experience any change in the above I'll post back up if that is of interest to anyone, but at the moment I'm leaning towards FS2GO as being my first choice.

Hope this helps someone :)

It was interesting to discover this thread and in particular the ADMC Sports sign-up and streaming guide - I'd just figured out all these steps myself (even down to the same choice of Overplay as VPN/SmartDNS provider) and then I find someone has already documented it and I needn't have bothered!

Anyway, I thought I'd offer some feedback about subscribing to ADMC Sports and also the other one I have tried - FoxSoccer2GO.

I'm based in Istanbul, Turkey and although the local channels out here do show one or two 3pm Premier League matches, all too often they don't pick one featuring my team, Everton, hence why I've been looking into this stuff.

By the way, I am aware that I can likely get a proper ADMC receiver + dish here in Istanbul, but I am waiting for the outcome of the overseas EPL rights before making that decision, since we're now into the final year of the current contract.

Anyway, the comparison...

FoxSoccer2GO
----------------

I signed up to FS2GO before the weekend - I did this via a US VPN and I was able to pay with PayPal. My PayPal account is linked to a UK bank account and debit card, but this wasn't flagged as a problem during sign-up.

It's $19.99 per month, so pretty steep compared to ADMC Sports, although you can cancel at any time, i.e. you're not bound to a year or anything.

I watched Everton vs Southampton on Saturday and was impressed with the quality - way better than the free online streams, and also slightly better than the other paid streams I've used in the past (FlashSportStreams, now sadly defunct, and LiveOnlineFooty). Note that at this stage, I wasn't aware of the SmartDNS tech so I was watching this via US VPN.

The main downside of FS2GO for Premier League action is that they don't show the biggest matches live - essentually anything that they are showing live on Fox Soccer in the US is not shown online. Now for me, this isn't much of a problem, as these games I would receive locally anyway, so for me FS2GO nicely fills in the gaps and allows me to watch games like Everton vs Southampton (and our next two games which are vs Wigan and vs QPR) which haven't been picked as a main game for TV coverage.

However, FS2GO doesn't just feature the Premier League, it also appears to be covering every single CL match too.

There are apps available for iPad and iPhone and these appear to work very well, though I haven't tried a live game yet.

ADMC Sports
---------------

I signed up to this yesterday, via an Egyptian VPN, again using PayPal and also used it to watch last night's QPR vs West Ham match.

I also downloaded the ADMC Sport iPad application.

What I found was that on my laptop, the SmartDNS service was sufficient to allow viewing the live stream (i.e. I didn't need to connect to VPN) but the same wasn't true of the iPad application. I could only get the stream on iPad if I connected to the Egyptian VPN. Has anyone else experienced the same?

Interestingly though, when I did this, the quality of the stream on the iPad (with VPN) was generally higher than that I was able to get on my laptop (a new Macbook Pro Retina) using only SmartDNS (or for that matter, via VPN). Perhaps this reflects a difference in quality of watching an HTTP live stream (iPad) and a Flash live stream (laptop)?

Certainly, the quality on my laptop, particularly when piped through to my TV, was significantly lower quality than the Everton vs Saints match I watched on FS2GO on Saturday, which generally looked great on my TV, apart from occasional times when it lowered the quality as my internet connection varied (I'm stuck on an 8mbps connection at the moment).

I also discovered that the quality of the 2 min highlight clips on the websites were slightly lower on ADMC than when watched on FS2GO. I don't think this reflects the speed of the connections to the two different locations because the 2 min highlights have a manual selector for Lo/Med/Hi stream quality on both sites - if I selected the same quality level in each of ADMC and FS2GO, and watched the same clip I found that in general FS2GO gave a better picture.

Summary
-----------

ADMC sports is the winner on price and coverage of all EPL games, but FS2GO wins on streaming quality and coverage of other leagues/competitions.

I intend to keep both for the time being (I've paid for ADMC for the season anyway), so if I experience any change in the above I'll post back up if that is of interest to anyone, but at the moment I'm leaning towards FS2GO as being my first choice.

Hope this helps someone :)

VERY GOOD post M8 YWNWA

Back working via a smart dns,not bad quality and id say it would be even better with another router(mines belkin n class).The only problem i have is i keep having to store the IP address when i want to use it,for some reason my router re sets to my normal IP....maybe its my Xbox doing this.

not quite the epl or admc but you could try this tonight enable your smart dns and hoogle rte player (which is irish catch up like our bbc i player)
on rte 2 tonight is the man city brussia dortmund match and the rte player does live streaming of there tv
and if that does not work for you try aertv another online irish tv service

@oviano - Now theres a quality first post. Many thanks :)

not quite the epl or admc but you could try this tonight enable your smart dns and hoogle rte player (which is irish catch up like our bbc i player)
on rte 2 tonight is the man city brussia dortmund match and the rte player does live streaming of there tv
and if that does not work for you try aertv another online irish tv service

Oi you stop robbing my broadcasting rights :D

Back