fooking tesco's new id on alchohol

it is a double whammy

employee has to poay fine themselves as most companies will tell you to Fo and secondly they will prob sack you for gross misconduct

They are doing this in Co-Op's in Scotland now... :(

I seriously doubt this is going to last long due to the anger/confusion its causing pepole.

i am afraid common sense doesnt come into it

it is enforced by local council / authorities so that says it all

the staff behind the counter take the brunt of it getting abused all the time whilst they are just doing what they are being told

and yes they are liable as the police will give the member of staff involved an on the spot fine, arrest and caution

this has nothing to do with the consumer

the local authorities force implentation of asking for ID from a higher age group

either you refuse and your license is suspended or they u what they tell you to do

I really dont understand the arguement

legal age is 18, requirements by local authority and police is a different matter, they can do you for not asking ID from an 18 year old and question your responsibility as a retailer thus removing license

are you a personal license holder, do you run retail outlets with premise licenses ?, if not STFU u ignorant moron

if your not happy then go elsewhere, simple when it comes to consumers & retail, if you dont like the service or product then F*ck off elsewhere, why complain !, this country is rapidly becoming america by the second

easy. at 18 you are legally allowed to buy alcohol. no "law" or council policy, has any effect on that! if you prove you are 18, no matter who is with you. you are legally allowed to buy your tipple. it may be a Tesco rule, brought on by pathetic staff quality, but in now way are you breaking any law. "My staff are too dim to tell", is a retailer problem. it could indicate that Tesco were not fit, to sell alcohol, not being able to provide staff "fit for purpose". same goes for any other retailer.

even worse. there is not one shred of evidence, to indicate any increase in the legal age, has the slightest effect on "under age drinking". and to be honest, if you are 18, its nothing to do with government, or council, if you get pi$$ed, or not, nor how often.

I agree, we should "Fcuk off", if we dont like the service.

No, i am not a licence holder, not now anyway. though, i have been, running two busy city pubs. though a while back its true.

STFU u ignorant moron
you pathetic idiot! no wonder your trade is in a mess. unable to, even, argue a point. yep, the trade is in trouble and it looks like the"consumer" is not the cause.

easy. at 18 you are legally allowed to buy alcohol. no "law" or council policy, has any effect on that! if you prove you are 18, no matter who is with you. you are legally allowed to buy your tipple. it may be a Tesco rule, brought on by pathetic staff quality, but in now way are you breaking any law. "My staff are too dim to tell", is a retailer problem. it could indicate that Tesco were not fit, to sell alcohol, not being able to provide staff "fit for purpose". same goes for any other retailer.

I'm not saying that I agree with these policies in the least bit, and from experience I know it feels like vicimisation, but the store isn't breaking any laws by refusing to serve you.

carry ID proving your age then you have not got a problem

simple as that

ranting in shops saying how old you are will get you nowhere

you think thats bad u dont wanna try n buy "alcohol free" lager from morrisons, youll get id'd for that

pmsl

doesnt give the right message though does it

12 yr olds buying becks alcohol free :)

My dad was ID'd in Tescos a few years ago - he was actually quite flattered seeing as he's in his 50's :Laugh:

Back